Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
C. Rice? Really
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 1,160

C. Rice? Really

Oct 9, 2013, 4:44 PM

Seriously, why. I'll buy the argument of her being a good golfer, person, and political figure. Ie. Becoming a member of a course I would give an arm to play...after the round of course. Augusta.

But on the selection committee for NCAA playoff system? Am I missing her qualifications here. I think if you're not watching every game of relevance each week than you shouldn't be involved in this. Just my two dollar bill.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

And this has nothing to do with her being a woman... Let's not go down that path.***

Oct 9, 2013, 4:47 PM

i was struggling with the same thoughts until

Oct 9, 2013, 4:59 PM

i heard a point made on a radio show out here: someone like her could help mitigate some of the agendas (conference, regional biases, etc.) that are bound to start up if you have all former coaches, AD's, etc. on that board. Not saying that i'm totally comfy with it but I think that is a valid point. Her negotiating skills are definitely an asset if nothing else.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: i was struggling with the same thoughts until

Oct 9, 2013, 5:11 PM

It's the negotiating and she is a huge sports junkie.

She was once considered for NFL commish until whiny

Oct 9, 2013, 5:12 PM [ in reply to i was struggling with the same thoughts until ]

leftists got their panties in a wad and killed the whole deal. She would have been a good choice.

Don't mind her on the playoff committee one bit.

Oct 9, 2013, 5:44 PM [ in reply to i was struggling with the same thoughts until ]

I never took that into consideration. That's a very good point.

Oct 9, 2013, 5:48 PM [ in reply to i was struggling with the same thoughts until ]

You are right on///////She will be on TOP of her game when this great committee sets forth on their journey....yes, she will HELP keep everyone level headed....Go tigers..

null

Re: C. Rice? Really

Oct 9, 2013, 5:27 PM

WMD. got a bunch of people killed for no reason. hopefully she wont do that on the football committee

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 9, 2013, 5:29 PM

It is said she actually has a huge knowledge of football. No resume' in football. If I understand right, she is on a short list to be the next NFL commish when that time comes.

NFL commish and selection committee totally different...

Oct 9, 2013, 5:34 PM

NFL commish runs a business. For profit. Other is supposed to pick best team regardless of financial consequences to bowl. Ie. The underdog rather than same big schools every year for money reasons

Oct 9, 2013, 5:37 PM

I have no idea what she knows or doesn't know, but there are plenty of people who understand the game without having played and are women. Pretty narrow minded to think she can't handle the job.

Still not sold..

Oct 10, 2013, 9:09 AM

Being an avid sports fan doesn't seem to be a good qualification. Again, unless she's watching every game. Would prefer to keep in strictly sports related people. Hek, I'd take Mark Cuban over here in a heart beat.

I hate to say it but they had to choose at least one women to avoid the bs fall out from the left side. She's the best they got? What about Jemele Hill. Much better option. Or Jackie Mac from the globe

if, for arguments sake, we have to have 1 female on the

Oct 10, 2013, 9:37 AM

selection committee, we should go with a sam.ponder, or someone like her, who is already involved with the game for career purposes.
if we start talking a political post (position),i'll be the first one to sign the petition to bring condy. rice in!

I think she's a great choice

Oct 10, 2013, 9:41 AM

Minority woman, Republican (so she has a good head on her shoulders) - she's a Stanford grad, so we know she's smart. She's used to thinking on her feet, debating with men and she loves sports. As far as women go, she's probably the best choice. The only issue I have would be the Stanford bias, but everyone is going to be biased with some team, no matter who you choose.

That I agree with..

Oct 10, 2013, 9:42 AM

But having a political figure in the first place is what i disagree with the most. Not knocking her or her achievements. I've been great at my job and in my field but i wouldn't be the correct choice nor is she.

Replies: 14
| visibility 1,160
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic