Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
OSU equals 3rd or 4th best team we've played
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 48
| visibility 1

OSU equals 3rd or 4th best team we've played

Dec 18, 2016, 7:16 PM

Top opponents we've faced this year..or will face
1. Louisville (before late season slide)
2. FSU
3/4 VT or OSU...it's a toss-up

I think the Big Ten is overrated as a whole..
Before you dismiss what I'm saying ..ask yourself could you see an OSU loss to any of the aforementioned teams..I certainly could..
This is not to say that OSU will be a cakewalk..it won't ...we could lose..just as we could've lost to FSU or Louisville

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: OSU equals 3rd or 4th best team we've played

Dec 18, 2016, 7:17 PM

But...it certainly won't take a perfect game to beat OSU

Dec 19, 2016, 12:38 AM

The title of this post just strenghtens the fact of how dilusional i think this entire site is.

oh, it's DELUSIONAL. and are you a loconut or chicken nugget?***

Dec 19, 2016, 12:50 AM

Bucknut or a poser...***

Dec 19, 2016, 12:52 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sorry you are right. Its...

Dec 19, 2016, 12:58 AM

*delusion. I need to thank all of you for the quality material and to give me the reads i need to giggle my ### off on a daily basis. 3rd 4th best team you have faced? Hahahahahah

I don't agree with that statement. However, Clemson is

Dec 19, 2016, 1:22 AM

the best team you have faced.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If we don't turn the ball over, we'll win by 17.

Dec 19, 2016, 8:04 AM [ in reply to Sorry you are right. Its... ]

56-7

null

Re: If we don't turn the ball over, we'll win by 17.***

Dec 19, 2016, 8:33 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Dec 19, 2016, 12:56 AM [ in reply to Re: OSU equals 3rd or 4th best team we've played ]

Just as I think your whole fanbase is

Dec 19, 2016, 12:58 AM

Ohio State is the best team we have played all season. They aren't world beaters or anything but they are definitely better than Louisville, FSU and VT and Aub.

Dec 19, 2016, 1:01 AM

> Ohio State is the best team we have played all
> season. They aren't world beaters or anything but
> they are definitely better than Louisville, FSU and
> VT and Aub.

Someone in here has a brain and a conscious

Dec 19, 2016, 1:03 AM

Compliment or sarcasm?

Dec 19, 2016, 1:04 AM

> Compliment or sarcasm?

Compliment. Clemson will be the best complete team we have faced. Michigan is right there as well. The posts in here are just hilarious.

Dec 19, 2016, 1:10 AM

Thanks even though you are a buckeye. Reasoning for me saying OSU is the best team we will play up to that point is cause we haven't faced a secondary that is in the same universe as OSU. We have played some good OL but no center like Elflien, but, and I think you will agree, the RT Price, will get destroyed by Christian Wilkins. Only reason I say that is cause every game I have watched yall play (MICH, PSU, IU, Wis, OU) he got beat and beat badly for majority of the game. With that being said, Weber isn't as good as Dalvin Cook from FSU. OSU DL has speed off the edge, somewhat stingy. Receivers other than Samuels are a little inexperienced but talented kinda like FSU. Samuels is one of the best All purpose players I have seen in the country this year. And IMO JT, as good a leader and competitor he is, will be the 3rd best QB we have faced this year.

Agree - Ohio State will be the best team we will have played

Dec 19, 2016, 8:51 AM

On a neutral field - today - I would take OSU over any of the teams we played. OSU does what it needs to do in order to win. Sometimes it is ugly - just like it is for Clemson. OSU has had tight games and so has Clemson. Both have on occasion blown out lesser opponents. OSU runs the spread and so does Clemson. OSU emphasizes the run due to their strengths with personel. And they do it well. When Clemson:s running game is working, we are very balanced. But often it doesn't and then we become pass happy.

My assumption is it will be another high scoring game just like VT, FSU, UL, PITT, etc where Clemson wins by 4 with a last minute stop (yes, I've said this on other threads). This is much more likely than the three touchdown predictions I see in other threads.

Dec 19, 2016, 9:08 PM [ in reply to Re: OSU equals 3rd or 4th best team we've played ]

My favs are the guys in here who all the sudden think they are analysts and experts on OSU after watching a few clips on youtube. That one guy who said we are as slow as Iowa. Holy #### thats phenomenal.

i think you mean CONSCIENCE. maybe it's time for bed.***

Dec 19, 2016, 1:04 AM [ in reply to Re: OSU equals 3rd or 4th best team we've played ]

Re: i think you mean CONSCIENCE. maybe it's time for bed.***

Dec 19, 2016, 1:12 AM

Its my mobile autocorrect, and at this point i really dont care whats spelled right on a football forum. Thank for being my spell check though. English is my 3rd language.

Re: i think you mean CONSCIENCE. maybe it's time for bed.***

Dec 19, 2016, 11:58 AM

hence, you are the 3rd best team we have faced

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

AU's defensive line would set us a mailbox...

Dec 19, 2016, 1:40 AM [ in reply to Re: OSU equals 3rd or 4th best team we've played ]

in OUS's backfield.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 19, 2016, 7:29 AM [ in reply to Re: OSU equals 3rd or 4th best team we've played ]

At all teams full strength and playing very best football in a neutral sight ?
1. FSU
2. Louisville
3. Ohio State .

VT is not in the conversation at that point .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Dec 19, 2016, 6:26 AM

Trolls are fun! Thanks for stoppng by. See you on 12/31.

No, best***

Dec 19, 2016, 7:22 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Come on. Some of ya'll are being ridiculous. They are

Dec 19, 2016, 7:59 AM

absolutely the best team we've played all year.

Re: Come on. Some of ya'll are being ridiculous. They are

Dec 19, 2016, 8:02 AM

Why , because they beat Michigan ? Or was it the loss to a highly overrated Penn State team who oh by the way also lost to Pitt lile we did .
Wondering what makes people think that OSU is better than either FSU or Louisville ?

DB23

^^^This^^^***

Dec 19, 2016, 8:16 AM

null

You can play that game with Louisville or FSU too

Dec 19, 2016, 8:47 AM [ in reply to Re: Come on. Some of ya'll are being ridiculous. They are ]

Louisville blew out FSU and then what? Their 2nd most impressive performance was probably a loss at Clemson. They were good at blowing out really bad teams. Yay?

You also failed to mention that they beat Oklahoma and Wisconsin on the road. Two teams rated similarly to Louisville and FSU. Going 3-1 against OU, Wisc, PSU, and Michigan with 3 out of 4 on the road is pretty darn good.

Anyway, don't just take my word for it...

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/ncaa

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/fei

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/fplus

Re: You can play that game with Louisville or FSU too

Dec 19, 2016, 8:55 AM

Oklahoma and Wisconsin in my estimation cancel out Louisville and FSU .
Then there is Michigan whom I felt all year was worse than their record.
This sudden love affair with the B1G puzzles me . I still maintain that FSU/Louisville and Clemson wiuld finish 1 /2 and maybe 4 in that league ...this year .

DB23

Michigan is rated ahead of us in most advanced

Dec 19, 2016, 9:45 AM

metrics. Their defense was as good or better than Bama's this year.

Dec 19, 2016, 8:01 AM

They are not the best offense but probably the best defense and overall team we have faced all year. I would argue that FSU and Louisville have a better offense. Auburn had a pretty good defense but OSU is definitely the best top to bottom. Their recruiting rivals FSU.

Yep, this is pretty much all correct.***

Dec 19, 2016, 8:49 AM

Dec 19, 2016, 10:07 AM

Look, I picked Clemson to beat us (Ohio State) because I think Clemson is ridiculously talented at the right positions and has the best player in the country. I give you guys a 50/50 shot to beat Bama if it comes to that.

BUT Ohio State would bury Louisville six feet under ground and #### on its grave.

Dec 19, 2016, 12:17 PM

Gotta chuckle at some of the responses..
Some folks take this stuff way too serious..
It's college football not rocket surgery..
I'm looking at you OSU fan that wants to make sure we know you speak 3 languages..great for you ..can you post your resume too? Hahaha..
I stand by my original post..it's all hypothetical really..and anyone so certain it's wrong should probably calm down..
It's not like I said we're going to win by 100 or something..Urban Meyer is one of the best coaches in college football..this will be a tough game..but seriously..OSU doesn't have a single player on their offensive side as talented as Dalvin Cook..and the FSU defense (while not well coached) is highly talented..

The fun thing is...FSU plays Michigan..and as we all know Clemson plays OSU..so we will get some 1st hand evidence of how great (or not) the Big Ten is...
I think the Big Ten is overrated..this year and last.. Michigan State got embarrassed last year.. granted Bama can do that to anyone but still..

This is ridiculous. Ohio State has the best defense we

Dec 19, 2016, 10:10 AM

have played all year, especially in the secondary. Their offense may not be as explosive as it was several years ago, but they still have loads of talent on that side as well. Plus, generally speaking, Urban Meyer is money in big games. This game will be quite the battle.

Re: This is ridiculous. Ohio State has the best defense we

Dec 19, 2016, 10:52 AM

OSU has a greats secondary but have they been tested? How many teams have as much talent at WR as Clemson does? Not many they will push them. They have seen one team maybe all year with a great WR and that was OU and Mayfield had like 5 turnovers. Clemson will have MW, AS, DC, HR, JL running around in their secondary. Their linebackers ain't that great in coverage. Same we can say for ours. But with Dorian back we will be fine.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 19, 2016, 11:19 AM

For what it's worth (maybe nothing), Dede Westbrook's one TD against Ohio State came against a backup corner after Conley went out with a shoulder injury. Mayfield threw two picks, not five, and barely completed 50% of his passes

Dec 19, 2016, 11:21 AM

I don't necessarily think that means anything because Watson is way better than Mayfield and has more weapons ...but people who keep saying Mayfield lit up Ohio State's D but kept turning it over in the red zone or something clearly did not watch the game

Lol

Dec 19, 2016, 12:21 PM

Seriously? OSU is the best team we have played so far

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oh please...VT=OSU? get the #### out of here...I don't see

Dec 19, 2016, 12:21 PM

OSU getting stomped out by Syracuse

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Oh please...VT=OSU? get the #### out of here...I don't see

Dec 19, 2016, 12:37 PM

I don't see that either.. OSU losing to Syracuse...never happen..
But VT on their best day on a neutral field..which is basically what we saw in the ACC championship game..they are a very good team..
I'm looking at not the totality of the season but more so.. each team when we played them..
Hence why I stated Louisville (pre late season slide)...We also crushed Syracuse..so by that logic..the VT game should've been a laugher..it wasn't..because you can't use that kind of logic in college football ..and VT also doesn't suck..

the VT game was a laugher until we let up***

Dec 19, 2016, 12:43 PM

Re: the VT game was a laugher until we let up***

Dec 19, 2016, 12:54 PM

We finished the 1st half up by 7..
We won the game by 7..
There was a point in between when we led by 21 but that didn't last..

Everyone on the board complains about our lack of "killer instinct"..but neglects to acknowledge the quality of our opponents...
Fuente is a good coach..lots of teams would love to have VTs QB...
Sometimes it's not a lack of "killer instinct" as much as it is playing a good opponent that refuses to give up..

there is not a single facet of the game in which VT is even

Dec 19, 2016, 12:58 PM

equal, much less better than OSU...Offense...defense...coaching

There were like 3 critical plays in the VT game where

Dec 19, 2016, 12:53 PM [ in reply to Re: Oh please...VT=OSU? get the #### out of here...I don't see ]

we were on the verge of blowing them out, and all 3 plays went in their favor and enabled them to stay in the game and keep some momentum. The O'Daniel targeting, the fake punt that was inches from being a penalty, and the hail mary on the mannequin play. I do give them a lot of credit for capitalizing after those and continuing to fight like hell all game long, but if any of those plays goes in our favor that game could've easily turned into a blowout with them unable to get any momentum back. We were pretty clearly the better team.

exactly***

Dec 19, 2016, 12:55 PM

Dec 19, 2016, 2:09 PM

Good grief. This is why people make fun of us Clemson fans. In no way shape or form is Ohio st the 3rd or 4th best team we have played. In no universe is Ohio st equal or worse than friggin VT. That is just idiotic. Ohio st is the best team we have faced this year, period.

That is a very insulting comment

Dec 19, 2016, 2:11 PM

to Auburn and Pitt.

;)

I keed, I keed.

null

Re: That is a very insulting comment

Dec 19, 2016, 2:56 PM

Who makes fun of Clemson fans?
Other message board posters?...
Oh ..the horror!! It can't be!!!

Or do you mean that delicate flower at ESPN?
Clemson fans are meanies!!! ??

What are you guys afraid of? So many posters in this thread scared of what the internets think of us..

I made a knowingly contrarian post..one that really can't be proven or not..it's purely hypothetical..

We'll see how Michigan and OSU fare in their bowl games ..should be interesting..

Replies: 48
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic