Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Is it worth it?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1

Is it worth it?

Aug 4, 2020, 6:42 PM

First off, even though I live in California I have season tickets and have for the past 10 years.....

Is it even worth it to try and have a season this year? I hate it as much as anyone but thinking through all this - odd schedule, no coots game, no Tiger Band, and who knows what the plan is for attendance? IF it even happens (and that's a big IF right now) will it just be an *** on the books and not taken seriously? And there is risk to the players, coaches, staff....not to mention fans.

Personally I was hoping for January. Just thinking maybe better to just go ahead and cancel. There's a lot of before the seaon sunk costs and why waste money when it's so short now?

Just thoughts.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

dont u get quarantined if u come to SC?

Aug 4, 2020, 6:46 PM

if so..

definitely not for you

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Re: dont u get quarantined if u come to SC?

Aug 4, 2020, 6:49 PM

I don't know but honestly I was not planning to come at least the first games. I'm not sure about air travel these days.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

i think.. just think

Aug 4, 2020, 6:51 PM

u do for like 14 days

and i hear California may quarantine you for 14 when u come back.. that is like 28 days for 1 game.

u'd have to rent a place in South Carolina.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Re: i think.. just think

Aug 4, 2020, 6:57 PM

Have done a lot of travelling out of CA ... have not gotten covid. Anecdotally, there were less people in airports than Costco. Nobody has quarantined me in any of the 5 states I've traveled to.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 4, 2020, 7:01 PM

I should clarify, there was one state where I tested on arrival and was qtined for 2 days waiting on results .... qtine just meant I couldnt eat inside a restaurant or go into museums, etc (which were all closed anyhow)

Aug 4, 2020, 6:57 PM [ in reply to i think.. just think ]

Lots of family in SC....we usually stay most of the fall anyway.

To avoid quarantine in Cali...

Aug 5, 2020, 5:16 AM [ in reply to i think.. just think ]

Obtain the US-SouthernBorder Scurge Visa for Illegals-includes:access to all entitlement programs, dip immunity, voting rights-100%free-courtesy US Tax Payer-(entire state of Cal should be an experimental weapons test site w/ no gov't oversite)-

I'll give you 25% of face value for the un-used tickets.

Aug 4, 2020, 6:56 PM

no kweshans axed

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

Re: I'll give you 25% of face value for the un-used tickets.

Aug 4, 2020, 7:04 PM

We haven't missed too many games over the years - usually just the Woffords and SC States and similar. We've been donating the tickets to a school in Anderson where my sister used to teach. They have a drawing amongst the teachers to win them - a little incentive for a lot of work. And they enjoy going with a parking pass..

But I'll keep your info..who knows what this year may bring?

I think the ability to watch in HD, have all the food and drink you want

Aug 4, 2020, 9:34 PM

and not have any lines for the bathroom makes your decision very easy.

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: I think the ability to watch in HD, have all the food and drink you want

Aug 5, 2020, 5:33 AM

Exactly. I don't get why anyone would even want to travel to a game.

Re: Do Yourself A Favor Cali Tiger ---

Aug 4, 2020, 9:57 PM

Get yourself 2 or 4 pita bread shrimp salad wraps.....a beer of your choice....find the best palm trees with ocean views....and live your life the best way you can until everyone can ditch the face garments and be able to pack stadiums again.... preferably the stadium called Death Valley in Clemson, SC.

Re: Do Yourself A Favor Cali Tiger ---

Aug 4, 2020, 10:47 PM

I went to my first Clemson game when I was 9 months old and I'm now 62. There have only been a very few seasons since that I haven't seen at least one game in Death Valley. It is more than painful for me to think about the fall without going to games. Haven't missed a post season game in the past 5 years......

Re: Is it worth it?

Aug 4, 2020, 10:18 PM

Yes it is worth it. We do not know how long we are going to be battling Covid. We could have issues for two to three more years. I pray that I am wrong but, at this point, who knows. We also do not know how long Covid antibodies will protect an individual. A couple of games will be better than nothing. You cannot let a well oiled machine sit idle. The team needs to play ball. I went back into the classroom yesterday. We are on a split schedule with students able to learn from home if desired. My eight graders are doing great with our new normal. We have to find a way to move on and live our lives. For the record, I have lost a friend to Covid.

Aug 4, 2020, 10:52 PM

Good points and thank you for going back into the classroom. The kids are the most important thing and hopefully the year goes well.....

And my condolences on the loss of you friend.

Aug 5, 2020, 5:31 AM

I want us to try, but I don't think we make it through the season. There will be too many cases among players.

Replies: 16
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic