Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
full video of Montgomery's arrest...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 35
| visibility 1

full video of Montgomery's arrest...

Jun 30, 2014, 11:25 PM

I have watche it 2 times and can not figure out why the patrolman was suspended. Heck, if you watch it all the way through, he could have have about 4 more charges.

http://indexjournal.com/Content/News/News/Article/DPS-releases-state-trooper-in-dash-video-of-Sam-Montgomery-arrest/4/40/26281

PS: Sam told another patrolman he was a starter for the Bengals

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: full video of Montgomery's arrest...

Jul 1, 2014, 12:20 AM

good grief - SC cops are the worst in the world I think. And no - I don't have any outstanding tickets. This is pure chit IMO. I'm white - so it's not a race thing either. Cops just find ways to eff with your life. I despise 'em myself. I bounce into triple digits sometimes, but not when I'm in SC 'cause I know how they are. Nazis IMO. You can flame me if you wish, but my opinion of those a-holes won't change. 25 over and you have to freaking eff up a person's entire trip??? I don't accept that chit. Never have - never will. Screw 'em. I don't have time in my life to deal with the effers and their Nazi tactics.

^Please be sarcastic....

Jul 1, 2014, 12:48 AM

If not please never breed. But I have good faith, there's no way a clemson fan could say anything that stupid and be serious. Maybe a crackhead in 5 points but not one of our own.

That's true of cops all across the country....

Jul 1, 2014, 1:11 AM [ in reply to Re: full video of Montgomery's arrest... ]

cops are becoming much more militaristic al over the nation.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oh god... They're being serious. There are bad cops like

Jul 1, 2014, 1:30 AM

there are bad fans. I mean read these messages, if everyone read these they would think our fans were morons that think they don't make mistakes and that they are somehow too good for a ticket. Ive gotten several tickets that pisss me off, and ive encountered a few #### hole cops but you don't see me on here whining and bitchingg like some spoiled kid who just got his license . To think a few #### hole people cops or fans make the whole group stupid or corrupt is about as stupid as you can get. Please show a little maturity and stop whining you're both grown #### men. Accept the ticket if you were speeding or go to court and fight it if you feel you were wronged otherwise you just sound like a moron.

Jul 1, 2014, 1:40 AM [ in reply to Re: full video of Montgomery's arrest... ]

When you got stopped for speeding were you speeding? If you were in triple digits in another state, you are extremely lucky you were not stopped or worse, killed someone or yourself.

If the patrolman had not stopped him and Sam had a wreck on down the road and killed someone and it became known that the cop saw him, he would not be suspended but fired.

I have been stopped for speeding a couple of times and I WAS speeding. People just doing their job.

Jul 1, 2014, 9:50 AM [ in reply to Re: full video of Montgomery's arrest... ]

If you're in a 70 zone and you're doing 95, you think a cop is being a nazi if he does more than give you a ticket? Look at the man in the mirror first.

Jul 1, 2014, 1:47 PM

I look in the mirror every freakin' day - and I like what the hell I see. The punishment does not fit the crime. The cop was a a-hole for the arrest & jail. I plan to look in the mirror again tonight. Guess what - the cop will still be an a-hole and I won't be. Nazi Gestapo IMO. Maybe we can ask the cop to look in the mirror.

Jul 1, 2014, 12:24 AM

i dont think the officer should have been suspended....but arrested and night in jail....i know it was excessive speeding but it was at night and very little traffic...he complied with the officers demands and very respectful yes sir no sir....he could of gave him a heavy fine and told him next time anything 25 mph over the speed limit would be jail time .....you could obviously see he had never been arrested before....would have been different if it was day time and heavy traffic and he was weaving in and out of traffic like a mad man.

Jul 1, 2014, 1:29 AM

he had an out of state tag (Texas) which was expired..or he was too lazy to put the new tag on it. Normally when someone from out of state is stopped for excessive speeding, they are taken to jail.

SEC speed***

Jul 1, 2014, 12:33 AM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cop made a fool of himself

Jul 1, 2014, 12:41 AM

He should've been suspended

Sam's fault, 89mph, tag expired in April

Jul 1, 2014, 12:43 AM

not exactly helping himself

let him call his mom to come get his car, seems nice

Jul 1, 2014, 12:58 AM

he could have called Lizards Lick Towing

Re: let him call his mom to come get his car, seems nice

Jul 1, 2014, 1:34 AM

He could have been charged with expired tag, unsafe tires, painted tail lights & failure to stop for a bluelight (it was over a minute when the cop was behind him...not chasing him, but behind him...before Sam stopped. And if you listen, when Sam was in the patrol car and the cop was at Sam's car, Sam was saying to himself.."don't seach my car".

Not sure I have ever seen a cop let a prisoner call on their cell phone while still at the scene. Sam is very lucky he only got a excessive speeding ticket out of all this, IMO.

are you joking???

Jul 1, 2014, 2:33 AM

He was speeding. Giving the max penalty for a person who didn't argue. This would imply that the officer arrest nearly 100% of speeders at this speed. I'm sure thats not the case.

FYI, I'm a white clemson grad in my mid 20s. I got pulled over 65-35 construction zone in college on clemson blvd. An older highway patrolman wrote me a 4 point ticket and let me on my way...

Liability Cola by CU_Tigers_time is now trending on Tnet.

Sorry

Jul 1, 2014, 6:07 AM

If you choose to go 34 mph over the speed limit with expired plates you risk the receiving the all the punishment allowed for doing so. There are consequence for every decision. Just because you didn't receive the same punishment doesn't mean it is incorrect punishment. If you don't want to face all the consequences don't do the deed.

For the record I regularly speed at 8 mph over the speed limit. Although it doesn't normally result in a ticket, I know it could.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The truth will come out on this, believe me.........

Jul 1, 2014, 7:25 AM

It was late and Sam was cramping...........Actually I thought Sam handled it well. I know I'm guilty of 20+ over.

yep-- don't see a problem with this and how it was handled

Jul 1, 2014, 9:19 AM

seemed pretty straight-up on both sides

Jul 1, 2014, 9:23 AM

I drive 90 all the time. Thankfully I have a faster, more agile car than most state troopers and know the back roads really well so when I see blue lights I usually just lose them.

All those cops shows don't show the guys who get away. I've gotten away 3 different times. It would be worth it for Sam to invest in an M3 or some kind of Porche roadster or something with a similar level of torque that hugs the freeway and will enable him to make a clean get away off the nearest exit next time.

Does your car have a 01 on the side and a flag on the top?

Jul 1, 2014, 9:25 AM

Or did Uncle Jesse make you drive Daisy's jeep?

Y'all are missing the whole issue here...

Jul 1, 2014, 9:43 AM

The officer threatened to taze Sam for not complying with his orders. Which was beyond ridiculous if you watch the video. Sam followed all of the officers orders, just a cop with little man syndrome.

Re: Y'all are missing the whole issue here...

Jul 1, 2014, 9:46 AM

I was just being silly with my post. I agree that's ridiculous.

probably pretty standard to keep control of the situation

Jul 1, 2014, 11:59 AM [ in reply to Y'all are missing the whole issue here... ]

two nervous strangers in the dark, not sure why the outcome is not acceptable, his father probably would have tazed him with no warning

Hilarious.. Clowney was caught speeding twice in three weeks

Jul 1, 2014, 1:14 PM

Once for 30 over and the other for 40 over...didn't see him going to jail

Re: probably pretty standard to keep control of the situation

Jul 1, 2014, 1:20 PM [ in reply to probably pretty standard to keep control of the situation ]

The tazer is meant to be used as a defensive less than lethal option, and the officer threatened him with it. If Montgomery did get tazed while his back was facing the officer Montgomery's lawyer would have a field day in court.

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

that is probably why he didnt get tased, but Sam did refocus***

Jul 1, 2014, 5:58 PM

I'm not seeing the issue

Jul 1, 2014, 9:24 AM

once the officer had the situation under control, he was very helpful and respectful, as was Montgomery. Montgomery was confused on the officers orders and that made it slightly tense but I don't see the intent on either side.

Maybe it isn't so automatic that you are arrested at +25.

You have got to be joking me. Give the kid a reckless

Jul 1, 2014, 11:57 AM

driving ticket and chew him good and be on your way. Arrest him, make his family come out in the middle of the night, spend the night in jail? Good grief. Just because you CAN arrest him, doesn't mean you HAVE to.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

'I Cannot Sanction Your Buffoonery'

i think he got jail because he did not pull over immediately

Jul 1, 2014, 12:02 PM

expired tag, radar detector, police really dislike radar detectors as they believe that a driver plans to speed (i always hide mine before the stop)

Re: i think he got jail because he did not pull over immediately

Jul 1, 2014, 12:57 PM

watch the interview of his wife on news channel 7...his wife said her husband was unaware of him playing in the nfl until later on at the police station .. when you can clearly hear all of them discussing it on the dash cam at the scene.and the trooper told his mom the reason he was going to jail was because he was going 25 mph over the limit. when the cop approached the car he asked military sam said nope nfl and immediately he said your under arrest....by law he had the right to arrest him....but i bet if it were someone he knew he would of ticketed and released them.

i think that was deputy #2 talking to speedy sam

Jul 1, 2014, 6:02 PM

about playing for the bengals

Re: You have got to be joking me. Give the kid a reckless

Jul 2, 2014, 2:42 AM [ in reply to You have got to be joking me. Give the kid a reckless ]

Thank You Die-Hard, for making the most sensible comment of them all....That's the point in a nutshell. The officer just didn't use his common sense in the situation.

If you can justify arresting someone for just driving...

Jul 2, 2014, 5:10 AM

too fast then the law should be changed. In this case the officer was within his scope of authority. You give them the power to do this with legislation then whine when they exercise it.

Black, white, red, yellow, green or Orange the officer had a right to arrest the guy.

How stupid do you have to be to not know that in order to avoid a speeding ticket when driving at night is to slow down when you've passed a cop going the other way? Even if they can shoot you across the median at night going that speed in the opposite direction they can't swear it was you in court because they lose sight of you.

They have to match speed with you from behind and if you are going the speed limit they'll still pull you over and eff with you but they won't charge you with speeding if you're withing the limit.

Maybe his lawyer will tell him about this.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: If you can justify arresting someone for just driving...

Jul 2, 2014, 7:33 AM

what is being missed with all this is that @ some point speed in excess of 15 MPH over the speed limit becomes reckless driving and that is not a simple speeding ticket!

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I agree-- not a few miles over - a death sentence for anyone

Jul 2, 2014, 12:19 PM

he would have hit that night---teach him a lesson-- a ticket is not going to do squat-- maybe if JD was sent to jail for a night the first time he was doing this, then maybe he is not out there putting other people at risk just a few weeks later

Replies: 35
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic