Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Here in Cooterville they say the key is USuC's D. I disagree
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 1

Here in Cooterville they say the key is USuC's D. I disagree

Nov 26, 2013, 9:28 AM

because IMO the key is Clemson's D. They are all about talking about how they will take Boyd down, etc. etc. They are saying nothing about us stopping them and sacking Shaw. I think our D plays monster on Saturday night. We need the O to score but the D could win the game for us by keeping them bottled up.

GO TIGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

i still think it's their Defense vs our offense..........

Nov 26, 2013, 9:35 AM

that is what has won them the game the last 4 years

we come in averaging 30-40 points per game and then we get stone walled and held to 17 OR LESS points in EACH game the last 4 years.

with the exception of 2010 if our offense scored at least our average it's likely very different outcome............we WILL NOT WIN THE GAME scoring 17 or less points

that being said our defense can't lay down, but shaw and their offense is going to "get theirs" that's what they do

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If our D can stop them and give us the ball more than what

Nov 26, 2013, 9:38 AM

we had it the last several times--and therefore give us an opportunity to score--then a Tiger victory is predicated on how our Defense plays.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

protect tajh and we win.......they're going to score........

Nov 26, 2013, 9:43 AM

if we score our average we'll win ............we can't have 3 and outs and play from behind the sticks........or let the dline sack tajh 20 times.

they've averaged 31 points vs us the last 4 years........we "SHOULD" win by 10 if they score 30.........but i'll take a one point victory

But we need more opportunities to score than they gave us

Nov 26, 2013, 2:32 PM

last year. I believe they won last year because they had possession twice the amount of time that we did. That's why it all comes down to our defense vs. their offense.

Of course our offense has to score... but it is equally important that our defense gets some stops! They couldn't do that last year, and that was the difference.

Completely agree...

Nov 26, 2013, 9:39 AM [ in reply to i still think it's their Defense vs our offense.......... ]

For the "mastermind" that Chad has been, apparently Ward and the rest of the DEF coaching team at SCar have figured a way to break it apart.

While their offense is the best I've seen, it's still on our offense staying ON the field.

Re: i still think it's their Defense vs our offense..........

Nov 26, 2013, 9:53 AM [ in reply to i still think it's their Defense vs our offense.......... ]

30 or 40 points will win 95% of your games. Of course we would. But Clemson hasn't scored 20 the last four years.

until this year, their defense was top-10. not this year.

Nov 26, 2013, 10:28 AM [ in reply to i still think it's their Defense vs our offense.......... ]

they have dropped off significantly this year. there is a big difference between a top-10 d and a top-25 d.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Here in Cooterville they say the key is USuC's D. I disagree

Nov 26, 2013, 9:37 AM

I really agree. The defense has hurt us by not containing Shaw the last couple of years (along with not executing very well on offense, like dropping passes left and right and not blocking long enough for Tajh to be effective). That changes Sat.

Nov 26, 2013, 2:32 PM

that would be containing any of USC's QBs...shaw has only played one year as the QB in this game.

bottomline

Nov 26, 2013, 9:40 AM

We need the D and the O Line to come out and play like the CFA Bowl! We do that no worries at all! Please don't have a relapse of the FSU, I couldn't handle another year of their bull crap!!

I agree athomas

Nov 26, 2013, 9:42 AM

I believe Clemson will sell out to stop the run and it will stop Davis and our running game. Then it comes down to whether or not you can make the play on the big third down throws.

please be my guest and look at ncaa.org/d-1/stats and

Nov 26, 2013, 10:31 AM

see where we are at nationally on that front. i'll save you the trouble, though. we are #6 in the nation in 3rd down defense !

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Martavis Bryant

Nov 26, 2013, 9:47 AM

Needs to have a big night, huge mismatch with him and their secondary!

Ironically..Shaw is the Man, not Tajh. If he runs wild TiGs

Nov 26, 2013, 10:20 AM

in trouble..unless it's a shoot-out of QB's to WR's..and then Clemson has the greater edge.

What say you?! GoTiGERs!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Ironically..Shaw is the Man, not Tajh. If he runs wild TiGs

Nov 26, 2013, 10:28 AM

their offense scares me more than their defense. imo they are better on offense this year than last year. they have a lot of weapons, and mike davis is a very good running back. we have not done well against mobile qbs and even though they don't have an alshon at receiver they have a bunch of decent ones. and finally, their o line is huge and is playing much better than last year. we have to stop the run to win, and not have the turnover battle go their way like it has the last 4 years(9-3).

the thing is, they are not any better than Georgia at

Nov 26, 2013, 10:31 AM

beginning of year nor are they any better than LSU and we won both of those. The only battle I see is playing in their dump...

And if we can take um out quick, should be smooth sailing...

well if BV has anything to do with it, somebody is going to

Nov 26, 2013, 10:22 AM

be butt hurt.... and I mean bad....

Nov 26, 2013, 2:17 PM

Davis is going to get yards.

Shaw is going to complete passes.

They kept our offense off the field last year.

That should be our strategy this year.

Tajh will have about 2.5 seconds from snap to release.

We should run passing routes that will allow that.

We need to keep the ball.

Matriculate down the field, and keep the ball out of their hands. Patience will be the virtue of the day.

Replies: 18
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic