Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
i seriously do NOT comprehend how
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 38
| visibility 1

i seriously do NOT comprehend how

Sep 26, 2013, 4:17 PM

Or why coots display Alabama flags.

I was in Florence this morning and seen an SUV with a Coot flag and an Alabama flag.

I have been to Bama, Florida, Kentucky, Georgia many times and have NEVER seen other fan bases have a Alabama flag up. Never.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: i seriously do NOT comprehend how

Sep 26, 2013, 4:18 PM

I can only assume it is to scare Ga fans. ;)

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Maybe a husband/wife thing?

Sep 26, 2013, 4:19 PM

Or maybe it's just someone who likes two different teams. Is that such an awful crime? I like multiple teams. I'm not the "flag" kinda fan for any team, though.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

or maybe, just spitballin here, just maybe, coattails.***

Sep 26, 2013, 4:41 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Re:Think it was the color?

Sep 26, 2013, 4:19 PM

Since they can't read too good anyway.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Prodigal

Sep 26, 2013, 4:21 PM

One person in the vehicle. Was no husband/wife, boyfriend/girlfriend type of thing.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oh, yes...I forgot that married people are required

Sep 26, 2013, 4:23 PM

To always be in the car together when someone goes somewhere.

You say that like it's a joke...

Sep 27, 2013, 9:41 AM

but I've known of some weird clingy relationships

Whatever you do, always give 100%.....unless it's donating blood

Like GWP and lbu?

Sep 27, 2013, 10:41 AM

It's borderline creepy.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Well I wasn't gonna call anyone out on it...

Sep 27, 2013, 10:42 AM

But yea

Whatever you do, always give 100%.....unless it's donating blood

Coots have a lot of SC state pride...

Sep 26, 2013, 4:22 PM

and think Alabama is a school in South Carolina

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Don't you mean SeC pride?***

Sep 27, 2013, 3:34 PM

i wish

Sep 26, 2013, 4:23 PM

I had an opportunity to talk to the guy. I'd bet it was about SEC pride and not the two fave teams thing

i forgot youre one of the board smart #+%++'

Sep 26, 2013, 4:27 PM

Coot defender..

Maybe its because I am more mature than some other certain people but if my wife had a flag, it certainly wouldn't be flying when she wasn't in the car with me

or maybe the wife or whatever

Sep 26, 2013, 4:30 PM

Is the man in that relationship. Of course, he is a gameCOCK lover ;)

Bet you won't see that in Alabama***

Sep 26, 2013, 4:46 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

i agree

Sep 26, 2013, 4:50 PM

I bet you won't find someone in Alabama that just happens to also pull for sc

Re: i agree

Sep 27, 2013, 9:40 AM

Really, you're saying you won't find SC fans in Alabama. I know quite a few, if you went to Clemson you probably know Tiger fans who live in Alabama as well.

i thought

Sep 27, 2013, 6:38 AM

For sure the coot lover would have come back with the lie that he knows people in Alabama that also just happens to pull for sc.

Sep 27, 2013, 9:37 AM

Maybe there is more than one person in the family. I have a girl that works for me that has a Bama Flag and a Florida flag in the parking lot right now. Her husband went to Bama and she went to Florida.

it's bandwagon

Sep 27, 2013, 10:38 AM

The Alabama flags are fans jumping on the bandwagon the same way that until a few years ago, you never saw a Gamecock flag on a car, especially in the upstate.

Come to think about it, I didn't see one the week after the Georgia loss. Thank goodness for Vandy! They are back.

Sep 27, 2013, 10:51 AM

Some of you who never attended college would find it hard to believe a husband and wife both graduated from schools that were not in the same state. They didn't meet in high school and have kids at 19. they met at work, on business travel or while in grad school etc. It's hard to comprehend for some of you who never set foot on a college campus

People can go to Clemson, then go to USC for international business and be a fan of both. While that is rare, it isn't rare for a Clemson student to go to USC law school or even USC pharmacy school. Clemson grads can even go to UGA for grad school and have UGA and Clemson on the back of an SUV. It is doesn't even have to be 2 different people at different schools.

Plenty of people have flags / stickers / even donate to both schools the husband and wife attended. Maybe they both went to USC and now the kid is at Bama??

Why would someone wave a flag of a school they never went to I will never understand. Many of you understand that seeing as how only a small percentage on here actually graduated from Clemson.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 27, 2013, 2:37 PM

No. None of what you said. Just bandwagon.

Sep 27, 2013, 11:01 AM

Recently I saw a #### wearing an SEC tshirt. It was all about the SEC and was in #### colors and had a #### logo. I am a very old codger and I have never ever seen any other fan base do such a thing.

so according to Kickenchicken

Sep 27, 2013, 12:11 PM

People in Florida or Kentucky dont go to school at Alabama? Using your logic, people there should also be flying Alabama flags because I'm sure with the millions in population, someone went out of state to Bama for education.

No way that some coots ride the coat tails of Bama. No way that's a possibility?

To answer one of your questions, I have over 40 family members in Alabama, visit at least once per year for family reunions and such, NOT one of them pull for sc and NOT once have I seen an sc flag on a car. Of course, this is where you'll come back with "you have family or friends in Bama that pulls for sc"

Not saying there isn't an sc fans in Bama but I'd bet my beach house that there are far fewer Bama fans that just happen to also pull for sc than there are sc fans that also pull for Bama.

As far as your comment about most people here not graduating from Clemson, by the looks of it, most people on cocky talk nor gamecock central didn't even graduate from a local tech school.

By the way, you work at Zaxbys? That screen name is similar to the Kicken Chicken sandwich they have ;)

Re: so according to Kickenchicken

Sep 27, 2013, 1:18 PM

Is .0001% a valid sample size? FYI there are 2 South Carolina Alumni Association Chapters in Alabama. I'm guessing somebody in one of those probably has a flag.

Reading comprehension? I read kickenchiken's post and

Sep 27, 2013, 1:34 PM [ in reply to so according to Kickenchicken ]

it seems to me that you have problems with understanding the written word.

He said that it is possible that someone went to both SC and Alabama, or maybe a husband/wife went to each school. My car has IPTAY/Clemson Alumni stickers as well as a MUSC sticker. I know several people that graduated from both SC and Clemson...they are fans of both and have season tickets to both. They also sport Alumni stickers from both.

He never said that it wasn't possible that someone put the Alabama sticker on the car "riding their coat tails", but it doesn't seem very likely. You seem to think that's the only reason, which is just ignorant.

My $0.02.

Re: Reading comprehension? I read kickenchiken's post and

Sep 27, 2013, 2:38 PM

More like $0.01, amirite, guise???!?!?!?

i think Noodle didnt read my entire post. i clearly

Sep 27, 2013, 1:55 PM

Stated in paragraph 4 that I'm not saying there aren't SC fans in Obama but I'm willing to bet it t just so happens there are more sc fans that happen to also pull for Bama, for whatever reason.

But, we all know, well at least us that are honest, that many Gamecock fans ride the coat tails of the SEC. Hell, they even have shirts that you can buy right here in South Carolina that says so.

Re: i think Noodle didnt read my entire post. i clearly

Sep 27, 2013, 1:59 PM

So when did our lame president get a state named after himself? ;)

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

#### spellcheck!

Sep 27, 2013, 1:57 PM

bama not obama

whitehurst

Sep 27, 2013, 2:02 PM

I'm sure if he could name one after him, he would be all over it ;)

Re: whitehurst

Sep 27, 2013, 2:12 PM

He probably has it in the works right now.:)

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

well

Sep 27, 2013, 2:14 PM

He has visited "57 states" I'm sure one of the extra 7 will be named after him lol

by the way,

Sep 27, 2013, 2:16 PM

I should have been more clear above. I should have clearly stated Bama fans that live in Bama . Not everyone that lives in Alabama pulls for Bama

Seriously

Sep 27, 2013, 2:23 PM

It's a husband/wife thing. Surely you can comprehend that? My wife is an Auburn grad and we swap our dog collars depending on who has the bigger game.

You guys have completely lost it.

Oh...what did dabo say... "Clemson Tide"

Next topic.

Re: Seriously

Sep 27, 2013, 2:52 PM

Don't say you guys have lost it. This is a solo thing.

Sep 27, 2013, 3:06 PM

Lol, I saw some loser yesterday with SC national champion baseball magnets all over his truck, I was like it's football season you dumb COOT!!!

Sep 27, 2013, 3:16 PM

I see an old beat up Datsun at a store I stop at for a cup of coffee about every morning.

This old Datsun is covered in that coot memorabilia. Awesome that the car is still running but I figure he has enough money invested in stickers, etc that he could afford a newer car ;)

Replies: 38
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic