Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
How many more starts does ..
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1

How many more starts does ..

Feb 27, 2019, 2:29 PM

Askew need to get in the weekend rotation? Wrobleski ERA currently is above 6 and Askew is one mistake away from throwing a No-No and having about a 2 hit game on his debut. Just saying his stuff looks great the movement on the fastball is nuts and when he can throw the breaking ball for strikes he's lights out like he was in Tuesday. Need to get him on that Sunday start and see what he can do vs better quality hitters. Wow does the future look bright with out pitching stand or what?!?! Sharpe future Friday night starter, Askew, Wrobleski, Strider when he comes back, Weatherly, Lindley, O Rear, and Jones looks great kinda the #2 guy outta then pen behind Spiers.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: How many more starts does ..

Feb 27, 2019, 2:38 PM

Mack Anglin coming in next year from Ohio will pass ALOT of these guys too if he doesn't go pro. Loaded pitching staff for years to come. I think this will be Wrobleski's last chance to impress. He's been good but unfortunately for him the 3 walks and 1 hbp all scored which is 4 of his 7 earned runs. If he can get command his pitches he will be fine. If he struggles this weekend I believe Monte will make the move. In a couple weeks i think we could see Davis Sharpe, Brooks Crawford, Keyshawn Askew with Wrobleski going midweek. Sharpe has the ability to go late in games and i think it's important not to use Clark/Spiers every friday

i really like what I saw from Lindley

Feb 27, 2019, 3:17 PM

his first outing was a little rough, but most of that was because he was pitching for contact, and his defense failed him. Then he came out pitching for strikeouts and looked darn good doing it

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: i really like what I saw from Lindley

Feb 27, 2019, 3:22 PM

He may have thrown too many strikes. Threw some fat 0-2 pitches they swung and missed on. Works out sometime but maybe waste a pitch here or there. Time will tell with him. I'm more excited about Holt Jones

Feb 27, 2019, 3:25 PM

Not sure if I’ve ever seen someone complain about to many strikes thrown lol I get what your saying just odd to see it! Jones is coming into his own he seems to be the go to guy when spiers pitched the game before. Also I agree with the poster who said they could see Sharpe going Friday I do too. His ability to throw minimal pitches to get maximum output is great.

Feb 27, 2019, 3:28 PM

I know right. I probably just jinxed him to walk the bases loaded next outing.
Imagine if Owen Griffith could ever be consistent. We would have 3 closers

Feb 27, 2019, 3:23 PM [ in reply to i really like what I saw from Lindley ]

The kid from Ohio looks great but I doubt he makes it to campus he’s been on the MLB radar for the past two season. Also we have an all American type SS is coming in the next class Nasim Nunez he’s only 5’9 150 something but I’ve seen a couple mock drafts with him going in the second round or just after. Along with Jonathan French C from 2018 those 3 guys will be the ones to watch for as in gets drafted or signs with Clemson.

Feb 27, 2019, 3:26 PM

We really really need Nunez out of the 3. James Parker looks good but how nice would it be to have him at 2B and Nunez at SS for 2 seasons? With Greene being a senior we'll be replacing both middle infielders. If we don't get Nunez probably see Parker at SS and Sam Hall at 2B.

Feb 27, 2019, 4:38 PM

Nunez will be a key addition with Davidson leaving next season. Parker does seem to be the crowned next SS for us so will be interesting to see how he does the rest of the year not such a bad start so far! Hall 3B Parker SS Nunez 2B Hawkins 1B sounds like a solid start to the 2020 infield. Teo, Meredith (HOPEFULLY) & Green/Majk/Eli/Cooper combo will fill the OF out nicely with Wilkie/Hack/ & French combo at C with Sharpe/Hack DH then the pitching will be insane!

Strider
Sharpe
Askew
Wrobleski
Weatherly
Anglin
Collyer
Jones
Clark
Raffield
Lindley
Hennessy
O Rear
Griffith
Oh ya and Spiers if he stays

It's gonna be fun the future is bright!

Feb 27, 2019, 5:07 PM

Monte is recruiting so good we’re going to have no choice but to win regionals

Feb 27, 2019, 8:53 PM

Will have no choice! As long as we don’t play those ######## from Nashville!

Replies: 10
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic