Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
i laugh at folks who say they want nasty players
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1

i laugh at folks who say they want nasty players

Nov 25, 2012, 2:04 PM

who stand over people and flex like Swearinger did last night....his ### should have been pulled from the game and sat the hell down which is what Danny would have done, for you youngsters who talk about the '80's like you remember them...i was in DV when Andy Headen used to do the skull and crossbones with his arms, i saw Levon throw Major Harris to the ground, i saw Dawk go nuts after he knocked someone's head off, i saw Terry Kinard #### near decapitate someone then whoop up the crowd, i saw Jeff Bryant throw Kelvin Bryant down like a rag doll and join Andy Headen for the skull and cross bones...THE DIFFERENCE IS THAT it wasn't done in anyone's face, it didn't get 15 yard penalties and Coach Ford would have sat their ### down if it DID draw a flag and they would have had Red Man in their eyes from the ### blasting they got on the bench.....instead you see Spurrier leave that idiot on the field after the flag and we have Tiger fans thinking that we need Swearinger's in Clemson because they are nasty. Swearinger is a hell of a football player but he's immature and undisciplined and to say that he reminds you of '80's Tiger D is a joke for those of us who SAW them play....Jeff Davis would knock your ####### head off THEN CELEBRATE WITH HIS TEAMMATES #### near getting a delay of game because of the Tiger D jumping all over EACH OTHER and not in someone's face....i'll take Swearinger's aggression ANY day....but his immaturity can stay in Columbia.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re:Swearinger will be in jail within five years.***

Nov 25, 2012, 2:09 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re:Swearinger will be in jail within five years.***

Nov 25, 2012, 2:32 PM

No he won't , he will be drawing a nice NFL paycheck. Thought the taunt was out of line and clearly deserved the penalty. He plays with intensity but if you knew him, you would know he s a good kid. So keep the "jail" junk at bay.
By the way, Taj's litte superman pose wasn't exactly classy

Pt made but we do need those kind of players,their actions

Nov 25, 2012, 2:10 PM

Are a reflecton of their coach, but that type of players is on many teams..minus the penalties. We need that on defense. Been absent for too long

i would take 11 Swearinger mentalities on D IF

Nov 25, 2012, 2:17 PM

they had maturity, discipline and they celebrated with their TEAMMATES after a hit....our D is soft, especially in the secondary....but if you want a class on a nasty, brutal D that HAS discipline go watch Stanford, ND or Alabama....where if their players did that bush league ######## that he pulled, Coaches Shaw, Kelly and Saban would let them hug some pine for awhile afterwards....say what you want about Saban and his recruiting, program, etc., discipline isn't in short supply with the Tide and if you don't believe that, watch him talk to the Defense when they have a breakdown...he RIPS their ###....watch Stanford's DB's tackle....looks like LB's hitting...watch ND's front seven...looks like an NFL front seven and they all have discipline AND aggression....the Chickens have superior defensive talent now because it's talent but their lack of discipline kill them when it's time to face the Alabama's and LSU's and Florida's of the world who pound the rock down your throat....if we had aggression to go WITH our discipline our D, particularly our DB's would stone folks.

Re: i would take 11 Swearinger mentalities on D IF

Nov 25, 2012, 2:28 PM

> they had maturity, discipline and they celebrated
> with their TEAMMATES after a hit....our D is soft,
> especially in the secondary....but if you want a
> class on a nasty, brutal D that HAS discipline go
> watch Stanford, ND or Alabama....where if their
> players did that bush league ######## that he pulled,
> Coaches Shaw, Kelly and Saban would let them hug some
> pine for awhile afterwards....say what you want about
> Saban and his recruiting, program, etc., discipline
> isn't in short supply with the Tide and if you don't
> believe that, watch him talk to the Defense when they
> have a breakdown...he RIPS their ###....watch
> Stanford's DB's tackle....looks like LB's
> hitting...watch ND's front seven...looks like an NFL
> front seven and they all have discipline AND
> aggression....the Chickens have superior defensive
> talent now because it's talent but their lack of
> discipline kill them when it's time to face the
> Alabama's and LSU's and Florida's of the world who
> pound the rock down your throat....if we had
> aggression to go WITH our discipline our D,
> particularly our DB's would stone folks.

Surely you aren't serious. Last time we played bama we beat them and they had Ingram and Richardson both. Our D held UF to 29 yards on 29 plays in the first half this year, but our O and special teams turned the ball over to give them 21 pts. LSU beat us by 2 at their place in a night game. Tell me how we don't stack up again?

Re: i laugh at folks who say they want nasty players

Nov 25, 2012, 2:18 PM

Hell, last year when Jaron Brown took a cheap shot on Shaq Wilson, one of Clemson's coaches stood over him and did the same thing.

Sweringer couldn't hold J. Brown's jock as a young man

Nov 25, 2012, 2:23 PM

he's a grad student by the way, and i guarantee you that Roland was running his mouth too. Clemson ain't perfect, never have been....but the lineup of knuckleheads, going all the way back to Phil Ellis, Ryan Bethea, on to Summers, Watson, Garcia, etc. ain't even in the same league as problems we've had....if you guys had even an iota of discipline in the program you'd probably be undefeated now....and it says a lot about your fan base that you come over to TigerNet to get a piece of us....beat us about 40 more times Chickens, then we can talk.....until then, have your fun....you beat us fair and square....it won't be the last time but you guys will NEVER be Clemson on the field or off.....

Re: Sweringer couldn't hold J. Brown's jock as a young man

Nov 25, 2012, 2:31 PM

> he's a grad student by the way, and i guarantee you
> that Roland was running his mouth too. Clemson ain't
> perfect, never have been....but the lineup of
> knuckleheads, going all the way back to Phil Ellis,
> Ryan Bethea, on to Summers, Watson, Garcia, etc.
> ain't even in the same league as problems we've
> had....if you guys had even an iota of discipline in
> the program you'd probably be undefeated now....and
> it says a lot about your fan base that you come over
> to TigerNet to get a piece of us....beat us about 40
> more times Chickens, then we can talk.....until then,
> have your fun....you beat us fair and square....it
> won't be the last time but you guys will NEVER be
> Clemson on the field or off.....

OK, the Swearinger move was a bone head play, but he is no thug and he plays football all out. Stupid move, but it luckily didn't cost us. I'll take him every day of the week. Lastly, I watch most CU games and your guys do taunting and similar junk on defense against the Wake's of the world. Don't paint your team as some sort of choir boys and SC as some sort of "straight out of Compton" crap. The truth is no where near what you would like to make it out to be, but I guess you're angry and have to come up with something. Have a nice day.

Agree...
That obnoxious crap goes right back to the coach, because he is enabling it, but that fits him and many of the coot fans.
(note I didn't say all, because there are some obnoxious Tiger fans, too) I'll take Character, Class, and acting like you've been there before, any day.
Some people want to say he's a great coach, because of his record, but he doesn't hold a candle to Bear Bryant, Tom Landry, and the coaches of that caliber, because they had the wins, AND they exemplified character, and discipline.
GO TIGERS!!!

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I want guys who will punch a punk like Swearinger

in the mouth. A guy like Duane Coleman is sorely missed on this team.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg2013_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 25, 2012, 2:36 PM

Bull. Sour grapes is all that is. DJ is intense and pops people in the mouth. Ellington never returned.

Replies: 11
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic