Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
How ? How ?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1,699

How ? How ?

Mar 14, 2019, 7:47 AM

How do you folk blame a coach when shots refuse to fall for 10 minutes that fell the first half ? How do you blame a coach when NCSU throws up 3 ungodly prayers that go in during their run. I'm telling you folks that somewhere along the line Clemson has angered the gods of basketball. This does not happen to NORMAL TEAMS ! No one in America loses games like we do and we do it CONSISTENTLY ! This goes beyond coaching and even players. And despite all that we get killed under the basket and nothing is called and we touch no one at the end and get the worst call all year. UNBELIEVABLE but that's CLEMSON BASKETBALL !! Believe me I'm more frustrated than most on this board who probably casually watch basketball. I watch it constantly. My only beef with Coach Brownell is that I would still be in the officials face and I'd tell the world about it in press conference and take a suspension if need be. This BS needs to stop.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: How ? How ?

Mar 14, 2019, 8:32 AM

Refs arent scared to screw you or pay better attention when you continuously take it up the A with a smile and say put some stank on it next time.

Mar 14, 2019, 8:37 AM

Dude brownell was coaching for his job, his life etc and he doesn’t even show fire over these calls??? Better yet he pats them on the back and smirks. God I HATE that smirk he has in those situations. It’s gotten really old. The team finds ways to lose because they’re not disciplined. He leant recruit players with ANY basketball IQ

Mar 14, 2019, 8:37 AM

Doesn’t

Mar 14, 2019, 8:38 AM

Btw judge Keller can’t even give you enough thumbs up to help your pulse so just stop

I don't blame him for shots not being made but I hold him...

Mar 14, 2019, 9:05 AM

responsible as the HC for not recruiting a higher level of talent - that's the problem, the weak level of talent compared to the rest of the ACC.

It all starts with the talent you have (ask Dabo). If the talent's not there, you're not going to have what it takes to win close/big games.

Re: I don't blame him for shots not being made but I hold him...

Mar 14, 2019, 9:21 AM

Yes. We were one 3 point shooter away from being 25-7. It is Brownell's fault we don't have that shooter.

i know you're being facetious with the 3 point shooter

Mar 14, 2019, 10:11 AM

thing, but on another note, our problem is and has always been size. wE have Thomas and thats it. No one else on this team is a post player. So when Thomas goes down then we're relegated to a bunch of threes and if they're not going down...we get in trouble quick. Simms can't play the post, Jemison doesn't play at all...then what? We've always had a big man that gets in foul trouble and after than we don't have anything but outside jump shots bc we're too small to drive the lane when they know its coming. Reed is good but at 6-4 driving amongst guys who are 6-7 to 6-10....its pretty tough to be successful.

Re: i know you're being facetious with the 3 point shooter

Mar 14, 2019, 3:13 PM

I agree with most of this. I think Simms is decent in the post but decent won't cut it.
I wasn't joking about the 3 point shooter. We were 1 player(Gabe Devoe) away from winning 5-7 more games. With the way Thomas played down low all season teams wouldn't have had a prayer in defending us with Reed, Mitchell and another 3 point shooter with Skara cutting to the basket.

Mar 14, 2019, 9:40 AM

Because the shot selection was awful and if the players are going to continue to take bad shots it’s bad coaching to let them continue to do it for 10 FREAKING MINUTES. Yank them out and put someone in who will drive to the basket and either get fouled or dish. Something to create better opportunities.

Gotta get more size on teh team.

Mar 14, 2019, 10:19 AM

Thomas can't be our only post option. B/c if he goes down then we go no one to pick him up. Jevan White will get there and should be a Power Forward anyway. Have Jevan and Thomas in with Simms at the 3 then you you've got size but then can Jevan guard a 4 on the other side? Need to recruit some rangy guys in the coming years to combat the length of cuse, fsu, unc, duke, louisville, etc. If a 6-4 guard is your scoring threat then its not too hard to but an athletic 6-7 defender on him and affect his shot. ITs recruiting the right body types going forward i think. Take a look at FSU's team. Seems like everybody on his teams are 6-7 and up. Size can be an great equalizer against better skilled teams as long as your guys are athletic.

For instance, Simms on Clemson, good player...but not quick/athletic enough to shut down anyone defensively. Very slow of the dribble and prone to allow guys by. Also he wants to be on the 3 point line the majority of the time. That leaves no one but White or Thomas to be down low. Theres no help for those two. We have 4 guys wanting to heave a 3 and one guy working down low. You make those threes and you're in business but if you're cold you options dwindle.

Be like FSU, stockpile rangy guys.

Mar 14, 2019, 10:23 AM

I'm a tug captain . I get all the blame for being the guy .
If an engineer has a fuel spill , my fault .
If a sailboat runs under the rake of my barge , my fault .
Brad has to be held accountable as the leader of his guys . That's part of being the boss , you're culpable . You are never beyond reproach .
That's what I believe oldschool57 .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Replies: 11
| visibility 1,699
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic