Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Things are getting out of hand...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 45
| visibility 1

Things are getting out of hand...

Dec 30, 2014, 7:57 AM

Where in the world did all of the "I told you Cole Stoudt was awesome" camp come from? Yes the guy had a pretty good bowl game but remember that Artavis Scott padded his passing yds by abt 80, there was a pick 6 that we got extremely lucky to have called back, our defense had MULTIPLE turnovers, and Ben Boulware had a pick 6.

I mean, remember that just 3 weeks ago we had to use our one legged QB and risk further injury to beat the coots because the coaching staff had not confidence in Cole. Cole also had one of the worst games I have ever seen vs Georgia Tech.

So while he did well, please stop bashing those who shared concerns about Cole Stoudt all season. Those concerns were and are still legitimate.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Tell 'em cOOt

Dec 30, 2014, 8:01 AM

-PhD

2005_ncaa_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've been wrong two times, but this isn't one of them.

+1***

Dec 30, 2014, 8:03 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

crap! You beat me to it!!! What he said! Tell em coot!!!***

Dec 30, 2014, 9:38 AM [ in reply to Tell 'em cOOt ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

1 of ONLY 3 Clemson QB's to EVER pass

Dec 30, 2014, 8:05 AM

for 300 yards in a Bowl game (Stoudt ,Boyd and Streeter).Yes his stats were "padded" 65 yds (not 80)because a WR did what he was "supposed" to do after catching the ball. Offsides is offsides and the QB knows it's a free play from the snap so S T F U and be prepared to be called out in thread after thread.

Deer Pumpers, I just wanna say please excuse us in advance

Dec 30, 2014, 8:08 AM

for not being satisfied being the 3rd best team in the ACC.

Now, by all means, please continue your parade of elated gheyness w/ being your conference's #3.

Re: Deer Pumpers, I just wanna say please excuse us in advance

Dec 30, 2014, 8:49 AM

#3 on the conf. Isn't bad this year, rebuilt offense with tons of injuries, this defense was awesome but so is Florida . So yes the way this year shaped out I am happy with it. Do I want bigger and better of course, do I see it happening yes I do, buy for this year I think it was a good year

Dec 30, 2014, 8:54 AM

Please don't mind me; I'm just trying to have a little fun with the boreds today. I think it's great that Clemson demolished Oklahoma but let's not forget this bowl game was against an unranked team in a bowl game that is virtually meaningless to anyone in the mighty SEC.

But thanks for your serious input.

How many 4 year runs like this in your life?

Dec 30, 2014, 9:51 AM

I know you get your kicks over getting a rise out of folks, but there's a level of seriousness to your dumperdom. Sad and kinda scary how someone can be so out of touch with our history and the significance of what we've accomplished these last 4 years. Look at the wins during this span and compare them to any 4 year stretch ever. Hint: the ACC is better now and harder than it was when Danny was winning...and losing to mediocre teams, and at no point did we beat the likes of LSU, OSU, and Oklahoma in consecutive bowl games.

Are you including this year?

Dec 30, 2014, 9:55 AM

Welp, Clemson did beat their SEC rival SCU this season.

However, Clemson lost to each ranked team it went up against.

Is this like the first year in the history of Oklahoma football that they aren't ranked in the top 25??

That is so strange!

Re: Are you including this year?

Dec 30, 2014, 10:08 AM

Remember? Two years ago CLEMSON 25.... Lsu 24 !!!

I've given you a thumbs up & yet you still don't have any

Dec 30, 2014, 11:42 AM

paw pts.

I hope FSU loses in the playoffs so they stay tied with LSU @ 3 titles.

Yes of course. You didn't answer the question.

Dec 31, 2014, 5:11 PM [ in reply to Are you including this year? ]

How many 4-year runs like this have you been a part of as a Clemson fan? Your cynical demeanor suggests there have been many. Please list.

Lol. This has to be a joke, right?***

Dec 30, 2014, 9:54 AM [ in reply to Re: Deer Pumpers, I just wanna say please excuse us in advance ]

null

Dec 30, 2014, 12:18 PM [ in reply to Re: Deer Pumpers, I just wanna say please excuse us in advance ]

Typical. Lip gets called out, then backpedals. My granddaughter will do the same thing in a couple of years, I'm sure. She's 16 months old right now.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

With all his success, his highest salary was $25,000 a year. The president of the university, Dr. R. F. Poole, feared that professors who earned less would be upset. "He called me up and said that he didn't want me to tell anybody what I made," Howard once said. "I said: 'Doc, you don't have to worry. I'm as ashamed as you are of what you pay me.' " - Frank Howard Obituary, New York Times, 01/27/1996

Re: 1 of ONLY 3 Clemson QB's to EVER pass

Dec 30, 2014, 8:13 AM [ in reply to 1 of ONLY 3 Clemson QB's to EVER pass ]

not to mention the pressure from the offsides penalty probably caused the bad throw

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

Artavis padded Watson's stats too then

Dec 30, 2014, 8:11 AM

Blows my mind you can't credit Stoudt for a great game.

That throw to Hopper when he got popped in the mouth was awesome.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Smelley, Garcia, and Beecher are going to lead you to 4-8." - york_tiger

Dayum

Dec 30, 2014, 11:28 AM

Can't believe I TU'd Class of '09.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

tell em, coot !! *

Dec 30, 2014, 12:44 PM [ in reply to Artavis padded Watson's stats too then ]

had to say it ... lol

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If artavis padded coles stats

Dec 30, 2014, 8:14 AM

What did Sammy do to Tajh's stats in the orange bowl?

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

Re: Touchdown West Virginia***

Dec 30, 2014, 12:12 PM

Re: Things are getting out of hand...

Dec 30, 2014, 8:16 AM

For me, it's not that people showed "concerned" over Cole's poor play, it's that they were cruel and childlike in their brutal attacks of him personally. It's one thing to get upset and shout unflattering comments about a player in the privacy of your own living room but to get on a public social media forum and spew hate while remaining anonymous is just classless. There is no place for that kind of fan, IMO. While everyone has the right to their opinion, a person with class and dignity doesn't stoop to attacking a player by name constantly and relentlessly. I see that as cowardly and beneath any true Clemson fan!

i hope you're not defending those that made it personal;

Dec 30, 2014, 8:16 AM

that's what has fueled this, that is where the energy is derived.

there's a tremendous difference between sharing concerns & running a clemson player[injured at that] over with a hate laden bus.

...you know who you are.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: i hope you're not defending those that made it personal;

Dec 30, 2014, 8:28 AM

and speaking of Injured. I suspect Cole was more injured than we thought this season. He's a classy kid and probably would not use that as an excuse. I really didn't think he had that game in him after watching him this year, but I'm happy for him and glad I was wrong.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He's one of them. So of course he is.***

Dec 30, 2014, 8:28 AM [ in reply to i hope you're not defending those that made it personal; ]

GO TIGERS!!

Dec 30, 2014, 8:28 AM [ in reply to i hope you're not defending those that made it personal; ]

I never posted my doubts about Cole, but I sure had them, and I never believed we could win that game. Boy, was I wrong, but I'm happy for Cole, I'm happy for the Tigers, and I'm happy for Dabo. I'm eating a ton of crow this morning and it never tasted so good. Enjoy the win folks, the future looks very bright.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 30, 2014, 11:33 AM [ in reply to i hope you're not defending those that made it personal; ]

I never once ran Cole Stoudt into the ground. YES I said that I did not think he was good enough to be Clemson's starting QB and YES I did say that from what I saw that he was not a D1 quarterback. He doesn't have the pocket awareness, foot work, or arm to be a big time D1 QB. But I never called him nasty names or bashed his effort.

no

Dec 30, 2014, 12:17 PM

would have been a perfectly good answer.

Dec 30, 2014, 8:43 AM

Uh , Nick , there's a big difference between doubting and piling on . As far as I this game went and all others "we win as a team and we lose as a team ."

Dec 30, 2014, 9:37 AM

Spin it any way you want Nick. Go ahead and downplay the hateful rhetoric directed towards Cole and call it "concern". Your almost as good as Baghdad Bob. You and many others were just flat out wrong about Cole Stoudt. Now you have to deal with the fallout on Tnet.

Bullcr*p - what some were saying here was not "concerns"..

Dec 30, 2014, 9:46 AM

about Stoudt. They were downright mean spirited bashing. A lot of members of this board did not sugar coat his play, but they did it in a way that it was not personal and mean spirited. Why would anyone bash a Clemson player who was trying his best and playing through an injury. Now many are trying to say that they were not bashing Cole, but rather questioning Chad Morris. That is lame. How about manning up and apologizing. I can give a rat's a$$ whether you admit that you were wrong - just apologize for the bashing!

And by the way, I don't think anyone on this board was ...

Dec 30, 2014, 9:49 AM

saying Cole was "awesome" when he was struggling. How about you getting started by stating some facts!

Please explain how...

Dec 30, 2014, 9:53 AM

So while he did well, please stop bashing those who shared concerns about Cole Stoudt all season. Those concerns were and are still legitimate.

How ARE they still legitimate???? That was his last game.

Maybe you should stop bashing those that are happy for him and proud of him. Works both ways.

You sound pi$$ed that he did well and Clemson won. You just will not admit that with the right coaching and confidence, he is not that bad. You just want to be right.

You can not change the past.

Dang, just be happy for the young man, but, there is always some people that just want to be negative no matter what the outcome was.

I am so sorry but the 10 interceptions we thought we saw

Dec 30, 2014, 9:56 AM

NEVER happened. The record book has been wiped clean. Get with the program tia

Re: I am so sorry but the 10 interceptions we thought we saw

Dec 30, 2014, 12:25 PM

And coots continue to be coots. Life goes on as normal.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

With all his success, his highest salary was $25,000 a year. The president of the university, Dr. R. F. Poole, feared that professors who earned less would be upset. "He called me up and said that he didn't want me to tell anybody what I made," Howard once said. "I said: 'Doc, you don't have to worry. I'm as ashamed as you are of what you pay me.' " - Frank Howard Obituary, New York Times, 01/27/1996

Dec 30, 2014, 10:02 AM

Said a guy whose glass is half empty. Life must really be hard.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 30, 2014, 11:35 AM

Ignorant comment COOT....why can't you let the kid enjoy his moment?!!! I am guilty of Cole-bashing as well, but the kid finally played lights out and won a big game. I'll bet you look for negative $hit throughout your whole life...ease up and enjoy the win!

Leave it to some in the fan base

Dec 30, 2014, 11:40 AM

to not allow the program to enjoy this win. Gayfully arguing back and forth about being mean to a 22 year old man, who I can assure you, probably doesn't give a fck at this moment what has been said about him. So, with that being said, you little drama queen prom night getting fingerbanged in the back of Tommy Percy's camaro while wearing his letterman jacket pansies can argue back and forth all day, I am going to enjoy whats left of this energy from the win. Losers

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." - Abraham Lincoln

Da mn we found leadcoot***

Dec 30, 2014, 4:17 PM

Yea... But you got to love the fact that he didn't turn the

Dec 30, 2014, 4:21 PM

ball over... he got the ball to his receivers and there is definitely one stat that needs to be mentioned again.

He probably will go down as the QB who got the most Tail after a big win! He probably hit every cheerleader that didn't have a boyfriend and their single mom's.

You are out of "hand" - Great awesome game Cole!

Dec 30, 2014, 4:22 PM

WCCP. Walt's right today
Posted: Dec 30, 2014 3:32 PM

Talking about the game, agree with everything he's saying. Don't give me that they didn't want to be there and Dabo proved Chad was not the brains behind the operation , Clemson will succeed without him ect. Don't usually agree with Walt, I knew it turned cold for some reason LOL

U tell um.... coot...***

Dec 31, 2014, 5:15 PM

10 games like that and he would be in the Heisman race

Dec 31, 2014, 5:16 PM

It was a GREAT game for any quarter back.

He had his issues in some of the earlier games but that was one of the best performances by a Clemson QB since Whitehurst white-washed the coots.

I will admit I didn't see it coming. I thought he would be better with rest and a good game plan but he amazed me.

Dec 31, 2014, 5:22 PM

I didn't read all of your post. Just up to the point where you said ,"we were extremely lucky to have a pick six called back.".. That statement made the rest of your post invalid. You see there was clearly an OFFSIDES PENALTY called because the defender got into the backfield "illegally" if you will. Try harder.

You need to take yourself in hand.***

Dec 31, 2014, 6:00 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

GFY...-1.***

Dec 31, 2014, 6:04 PM

Replies: 45
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic