Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: "Unstoppable." Recruits react to Clemson's win over Miami
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 4,756

New Story: "Unstoppable." Recruits react to Clemson's win over Miami

Oct 27, 2015, 7:01 AM

"Unstoppable." Recruits react to Clemson's win over Miami

Clemson’s resounding win over Miami made the college football world sit up and take notice, and the recruits took notice as well. What did the recruits think of the Tigers' win?
Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Good article but I must admit, I originally thought this

Oct 27, 2015, 7:29 AM

was going to be about Miami game attendees...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Good article but I must admit, I originally thought this

Oct 27, 2015, 7:41 AM

I don't think you can take recruits to away games. So the only recruits there would be Miami's, and I can't believe they'd be dumb enough to invite recruits who are looking at both schools to that game.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Good article but I must admit, I originally thought this

Oct 27, 2015, 8:58 AM

Uh they did.

i heard some one say that um officials were herding their

Oct 27, 2015, 9:16 AM [ in reply to Re: Good article but I must admit, I originally thought this ]

recruits away from the clemson sideline during warmups

Re: i heard some one say that um officials were herding their

Oct 27, 2015, 9:26 AM

Peobably were . The Hurricanes presently are the 1982 Atari 2600 game console ...and Clemson is the XBox that hasn't been released yet .
Kids today like new .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Re: i heard some one say that um officials were herding their

Oct 27, 2015, 10:13 AM

That's much different from the older guy. I have XBOX 360 and XBOX One, and I still love playing the XBOX 360 over the XBOX One. So I probably wouldn't care for any of the new ones that hasn't come out yet;) The darn kids these days, they just can't be satisfied, and I'm so glad mine have fell from the nest. Fly you little chits fly, and leave my XBOXES right where they are:)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: "Unstoppable." Recruits react to Clemson's win over Miami

Oct 27, 2015, 8:03 AM

I thought that was Clemson's best outing yet!Notre Dame should have NEVER even came close that night...4th qrt. whoa's! Louisville made it closer than it should have been with that 100 yard kickoff return. Georgia Tech, and Boston College should have not scored as many points as they did either. Miami game was the best Clemson played on both sides, not giving an inch...just my two cents. Also Coach Swinney and other coaches are doing an awesome job, and in MY OPINION ONLY...He and his coaches are the best coaches Clemson has ever had...including Danny Ford.(and I love coach Ford!)

we need all the recruits we can get

Oct 27, 2015, 8:16 AM

But how many QBs do we really need? WR is one thing, u can rotate them in & out but we only need a few QBs. Weve got Watson for another year, Bryant for 2-3 more, Isreal for 3-4, Shuessler for 1 more. I just dont get having another come in next season unless they are fully aware theyll be redshirted for sure. We will end up running off the backups we have now like Chad Kelly (even tho i dont like how thug life he was but he was still a good QB). Theres a reason im not a coach but i just feel like they need to worry about depth on the O & D lines more than at QB. maybe im wrong tho, its happened before, just ask my wife. Go Tigers!

I think it's important to have good backup qb's. Last yr we

Oct 27, 2015, 8:38 AM

saw what injuries to that position can do.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I think it's important to have good backup qb's. Last yr we

Oct 27, 2015, 11:08 AM

Well If a qb comes in you know he knows who is already there. Either he is good enough to beat the vets or he changes positions or transfers. A lot of times a qb is simply the best athlete on the team in HS. We have had many QB's come in who have excelled at other positions. Does Bryan Dawkins ring a bell for example?

Oct 27, 2015, 11:20 AM

That's exactly right. I don't know the plan for our current QB recruits (and I'm no coach), but from what I've heard from HS coaches is that they tend to put the best athlete they have at QB. In college that concept tapers off, so you see a fair number of QB recruits move to RB, WR, DB, etc when they get to college.

Regardless, I'm definitely not complaining if we see more 4 and 5 star qb recruits commit to us.

Oct 27, 2015, 11:59 AM

"He's a hurtin buckaroo"...I believe Braxton Miller proves that point to a T.

Yes, we need all the recruits we can get.

Oct 18, 2021, 2:53 PM [ in reply to we need all the recruits we can get ]

Go tell that to Urban Meyer and the OBS when he was at Floridey. And while you are at it, call Coach Swinney and tell him that, too. After all, things went just fabulous after Swag Kelly washed out, didn't they?

Kelly washed out because he is a hotheaded prima donna who had no sense of team, not because he had to stand in line or because his talent wasn't recognized. Had he kept his wits about himself, knuckled down and dug in to prove himself, he would have been a big factor last year. Instead, because he didn't get his way just because of "who he was," he messed up in the spring game, then threatened folks, including the coach, and ended up getting himself tossed off the team. It was his fault, not the fault of over-recruiting that he had to settle for a year in community college. He then again proved what type of person he is by again jeopardizing his future, getting in trouble with the law and having to have the family and his lawyer pull his fat out of the fire.

And yes, there is a big reason that you and I are not a coach and pulling down the big bucks. I'd rather defer to the ones that are and are proving their worth day in and day out.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

With all his success, his highest salary was $25,000 a year. The president of the university, Dr. R. F. Poole, feared that professors who earned less would be upset. "He called me up and said that he didn't want me to tell anybody what I made," Howard once said. "I said: 'Doc, you don't have to worry. I'm as ashamed as you are of what you pay me.' " - Frank Howard Obituary, New York Times, 01/27/1996

Re: we need all the recruits we can get

Oct 27, 2015, 10:12 AM [ in reply to we need all the recruits we can get ]

We need more QBs than we had last year ready to play! QBs on the roster is nice but we only have 2 ready to run the offense, Watson and Schuessler, we should always have at least 3. Bryant can make plays with his feet not sure he can run the offense yet.

Deshaun's best talent is his brain, he may be the smartest QB we have had since Steve Fuller.. the previous #4! His legs are better than Fuller's ... not sure about the arm but it is really good. I do not think Watson has a weakness in his game.

Oct 27, 2015, 8:57 AM

:)

Oct 27, 2015, 10:15 AM

Can't wait to see these guys contributing just like the Tigers did against Miami...go get the NC State Wolfpack Tigers!!!!!!!!!!!!! Go Tigers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Replies: 16
| visibility 4,756
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic