Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Redshirt Report: Who's in, who's out
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 107
| visibility 101

New Story: Redshirt Report: Who's in, who's out

Aug 21, 2015, 7:41 PM

Redshirt Report: Who's in, who's out

True freshmen spend a good bit of their August camp wondering if they will see the field their first season or receive a redshirt. Head coach Dabo Swinney put some of their minds at ease with his comments after Friday’s practice. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hood ,check your info-

Aug 21, 2015, 7:48 PM

I just read on TNet that the Davis Twins would NEVER see the field during their time on campus and you say they will help on special teams as Freshmen ? I Keed I Keed

I would be very interested to see davidhood involved

Aug 21, 2015, 8:26 PM

in this conversation.

I thought I saw a post the other day @davidhood made concerning the subject and a conversation amongst the staff, but it was quickly deleted.

I even used capitalization in hopes of drawing him out...

... waiting.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I would be very interested to see davidhood involved

Aug 21, 2015, 8:51 PM

I was always curious about you and bob...

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

of that i have no doubt.***

Aug 21, 2015, 8:54 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: of that i have no doubt.***

Aug 21, 2015, 9:04 PM

is he at least a good cook?

of that i do knot know, but i knew you'd be curious...

Aug 21, 2015, 9:06 PM

here, cents you seem shy i'll knock him up for you... cutigerbob®
Ring of Honor [31469]
Joined 10 years ago
TigerPulse: 100%

Re: of that i do knot know, but i knew you'd be curious...

Aug 21, 2015, 9:16 PM

I dont click on links from strangers, and I would appreciate it if you did not park your van in front of my house anymoar.

ok then and sorry...

Aug 21, 2015, 9:27 PM

you saw my van.

LOL, i read the same stupid post and I'll say this

Aug 21, 2015, 8:39 PM [ in reply to Hood ,check your info- ]

Their father, Jeff Davis, was lightly recruited out of NC because he was a smallish ILB. He was still small for ILB when he left the Tigers and went to TB and he played about 6 years in Tampa and was team captain down there for a couple of years and a big time leader with the Bucs before injuries took their toll. They have their father's DNA in them and I guarantee anyone that he has been a big time influence in their lives. I'd bet anyone a grand to their dime that both of those kids play their guts out for Clemson and end up leaders on the team before they leave. If they have a half of their Pop's fire they will be outstanding for us. All their father did was have about 160 tackles a year, be the leader of a NC team, and be the best pure FB player I have ever seen with a Paw his helmet, period. With The JUDGE as a Father, I'm not worried about the Davis twins...not as men or players.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: LOL, i read the same stupid post and I'll say this

Aug 21, 2015, 8:59 PM

I'll take that bet. I have watched there film and they are average high school players.
Email me if serious
Shaunclemtiger@yahoo.com

are you sure you can afford that dime?***

Aug 21, 2015, 9:03 PM

Re: are you sure you can afford that dime?***

Aug 21, 2015, 9:06 PM

I'll also bet your a little ####.

it's "you're" and you should have used "their" above...

Aug 21, 2015, 9:10 PM

their film

hth

you seem like mr vegas jumping on a grand for a dime bet, i just wanted to make sure your heart was in it?

Re: it's "you're" and you should have used "their" above...

Aug 21, 2015, 9:14 PM

You seem like a 5'8 ###### that highlight of the day is making fun of people in a message board because everyone ignores you.

ok, i'll try working through that jibberish; i'm 6'1",195ish

Aug 21, 2015, 9:25 PM

that's me and that's my fish; i'm the tall one.

my week day's highlight is work & family, but not necessarily in that order.

i come here to read and talk about clemson tiger sports, but more importanly to have fun with friends and those that seem to need to have fun.

you'd be the latter.

Re: ok, i'll try working through that jibberish; i'm 6'1",195ish

Aug 21, 2015, 9:30 PM

Well I'm 6'2 240 so sorry if I think you still tiny

it's ok, i've always thought that of you between the ears

Aug 21, 2015, 9:30 PM

so we're even.

Re: it's ok, i've always thought that of you between the ears

Aug 21, 2015, 9:34 PM

Still a ######, it's a message board people have opinions.

and that was mine...

Aug 21, 2015, 9:35 PM

see how that works?

Re: and that was mine...

Aug 21, 2015, 9:37 PM

No who get on hear and just make fun of people. That's not how Clemson people conduct themselves.

no, i point out how people make fun of themselves...

Aug 21, 2015, 9:39 PM

there's a world of difference in the two.

mine is a public service; i'm here to help.

Re: no, i point out how people make fun of themselves...

Aug 21, 2015, 9:43 PM

Well maybe you should keep that opinion to yourself and stick to football. Bullying and making fun of people only hurts this board. I personally want as many people here talking about Clemson football as possible. I really don't want them to post you make fun of them and they never come back.

mine is about football and you. according to what you say

Aug 21, 2015, 9:54 PM

and do, clemson people say the davis twins are a waste of 2 scholarships.

that's absurd.

so was your assertion that chris clark was calling pinckney to scar, someone that knew chris clark personally had to call you on that idiocy.

yours seems to be the non clemson behavior if you ask me.

in any event, at least you and i can have an open conversation about our differences, the davis twins not so much.

maybe it's you that should quell your opinion some, but i only suggest that because it seems the only way you're comfortable defending yourself here.

Re: mine is about football and you. according to what you say

Aug 21, 2015, 10:03 PM

Again I'm talking Clemson football. Your out to make fun of people on here. I'm not the only one that has the opinion on the Davis twins. What topics do you even bring up.

no, i'm talking about you & your opinion of clemson football

Aug 21, 2015, 10:07 PM

as it relates to the davis twins[and also chris clark].

i'm not sure what more i can do to relate those things to you, but hopefully in time you can figure that out on your own?

Re: no, i'm talking about you & your opinion of clemson football

Aug 21, 2015, 10:11 PM

Chris Clark said it on the radio 3 weeks ago after the pool party on the radio. 107 5. I heard it.

apparently from the quote, he did not and 3 weeks ago

Aug 21, 2015, 10:13 PM

was not yesterday.

Re: apparently from the quote, he did not and 3 weeks ago

Aug 21, 2015, 10:19 PM

Did I say it was yesterday, you should know since you keep linking it being an ###.

i have? would you mind showing me where "i keep linking it"?***

Aug 21, 2015, 10:21 PM

Re: i have? would you mind showing me where "i keep linking it"?***

Aug 21, 2015, 10:22 PM

Maybe you should tell quozzel the samething. He just wrote a very insight comment on the issue.

haha, quozzel? he wrote something you agree with not

Aug 21, 2015, 10:24 PM

anything i do.

so are you going to show me where "i keep linking it" or are you just full of it again?

Re: haha, quozzel? he wrote something you agree with not

Aug 21, 2015, 10:27 PM

If you had one I'd may agree or disagree

your problem seems to be you can not recognize one.

Aug 21, 2015, 10:30 PM

i took exception to you calling the davis twins a waste. that is not the first time i've said as much and i expect it won't be the last the longer i'm involved here.

Re: haha, quozzel? he wrote something you agree with not

Aug 21, 2015, 10:27 PM [ in reply to haha, quozzel? he wrote something you agree with not ]

If you had one I'd may agree or disagree

Aug 21, 2015, 10:25 PM [ in reply to Re: i have? would you mind showing me where "i keep linking it"?*** ]

http://www.tigernet.com/forums/thread.jspa?threadID=1472914

He bring an opinion had for years.

i'm not going to assume i even know what you're linking

Aug 21, 2015, 10:28 PM

there beyond the OP.

i've read the entirety of that thread.

Re: i'm not going to assume i even know what you're linking

Aug 21, 2015, 10:32 PM

I'll sum it up deadsolid. Stop being an ### to poster. I know it makes you feel special but it's not cool.

ok then, so...

Aug 21, 2015, 10:45 PM

you are NOT going to show me where "i keep linking it"? paint me surprised, no really.

and i will continue to offer my thoughts on any opinion you or anyone for that matter has to offer; it's a message board. OR perhaps next time and i'm sure there will be one, you can choose your words more carefully before hitting "post message"? shrug?

who knows, maybe you'll do a better job trying to defend calling the davis twins a "waste", but seeing you post over these many months/years, i'm not hopeful in the least.

Aug 21, 2015, 10:32 PM [ in reply to i'm not going to assume i even know what you're linking ]

I'll sum it up deadsolid. Stop being an ### to poster. I know it makes you feel special but it's not cool.

Aug 21, 2015, 10:32 PM [ in reply to i'm not going to assume i even know what you're linking ]

LOL...quozzel...

Aug 21, 2015, 11:03 PM [ in reply to Re: i have? would you mind showing me where "i keep linking it"?*** ]

ol quozzel use to be a person that wrote "book posts" on Tigernet several years ago. At first people thought he was the man...but it did not take long for people to figure out he was full of hot air. He knows no more than any of us do. Once people caught on and called him out and made fun of his posts and knowledge, he made a whiny good-bye post, crying because people made fun of him and vowed to never return to TigerNet. so he went to another site and did the same postings. They caught on, too, and he left that site also. Now he is back on Tigernet to see if anyone on here now will fall for his crap. Yeah, he has had some good posts...but I believe his posts are based on what he reads on other sites. He is not the insider he wants you to believe he is. He is good with words and takes info from other sites and claims it as his own.

Re: LOL...quozzel...

Aug 21, 2015, 11:10 PM

That's what's wrong with this board. We have too many people just waiting to make fun of people posting.
1. Deroberts
2. GWP
3 dead solid.

You can't post an opinion or even ask a question anymore without getting a smart-ass answer. That needs to stop. Yes there are people that know every detail about Clemson but there are others that don't and trying to learn.

Aug 21, 2015, 11:14 PM

This ain't even right tho. DSP throws in a little bit of actual insight with his snark, deroberts is too busy shouting for anybody to actually read what he writes, and GWP... We'll just let GWP do his thing.

Aug 21, 2015, 11:19 PM

YEAH I DON'T GET DEROBERTS AT ALL.

Aug 21, 2015, 11:17 PM [ in reply to Re: LOL...quozzel... ]

I always enjoy quozzel, his post are very well thought out and also very opinionated. He never claimed to be an insider just offered his opinion. There are certain things that David hood can't say on here because he has to keep it professional and deal with the coaches and players. I for one enjoy hearing other less inhibited points of view. I don't wanna live in a box with nothing but sunshine pumper then when something doesn't go right be left wonder ###. I see that with coots everyday.

Aug 21, 2015, 11:17 PM [ in reply to Re: LOL...quozzel... ]

I always enjoy quozzel, his post are very well thought out and also very opinionated. He never claimed to be an insider just offered his opinion. There are certain things that David hood can't say on here because he has to keep it professional and deal with the coaches and players. I for one enjoy hearing other less inhibited points of view. I don't wanna live in a box with nothing but sunshine pumper then when something doesn't go right be left wonder ###. I see that with coots everyday.

Why don't you just throw in the towel....***

Aug 22, 2015, 11:47 PM

null

^^^ so much this, i was blown away when he snuck back here.***

Aug 21, 2015, 11:12 PM [ in reply to LOL...quozzel... ]

Aug 21, 2015, 10:45 PM [ in reply to Re: i have? would you mind showing me where "i keep linking it"?*** ]

I disagree with Quozell and I've seen them both practice and scrimmage since they've been on campus. If you saw that you wouldn't call them a waste. People still going off of old feelings and into but hadn't seen anything for themselves. Trust me if you saw them since they were here your mind would be changed like mine was. Anyone reporting anything else prob just haven't seen them. And that's ok. Just no need to bash kids that might end up being good. Still Tigers.

Aug 21, 2015, 10:55 PM

I hope that is the case.

Re: no, i'm talking about you & your opinion of clemson football

Aug 21, 2015, 10:13 PM [ in reply to no, i'm talking about you & your opinion of clemson football ]

It's easy to trash someone opinion when you don't have one. I have never seen you offer anything but smart-ass remarks.

i offer opinions all the time when the discussion warrants

Aug 21, 2015, 10:15 PM

an intelligent response or i find the conversation intriguing.

you might have trouble differentiating, of which i'll take full responsibility since i'm not here for you.

Re: i offer opinions all the time when the discussion warrants

Aug 21, 2015, 10:17 PM

I haven't seen it. When I do I'll be the first to congratulate you for an original thought.

i'm sure i'll have to dumb it down for you when you do...***

Re: no, i point out how people make fun of themselves...

Aug 21, 2015, 9:49 PM [ in reply to no, i point out how people make fun of themselves... ]

A Clemson man doesn't act like that. I had that lesson taught to me at an NC state game at state. Some fat ### comes up to me after we lost and screams Clemson sucks right in my face. I scream back well your a big fat ####. An older Clemson man I'd say in his 70s grabs me an says. We are Clemson we are better than that, if you can't act like it then don't wear orange. Now I'm telling you we are Clemson a family act like it.

maybe you should take the gentleman's advice to heart

Aug 21, 2015, 9:55 PM

when offering your opinions on our scholarship athletes?

Re: maybe you should take the gentleman's advice to heart

Aug 21, 2015, 9:56 PM

It's talking Clemson football isn't it.

as am i discussing your "opinion", but you're getting more

Aug 21, 2015, 9:58 PM

than a little sensitive about it. maybe you should check those tears at the door?

Would you tell their father to his face they

Aug 21, 2015, 10:01 PM [ in reply to Re: maybe you should take the gentleman's advice to heart ]

are wasted scholarships?

Re: Would you tell their father to his face they

The father? Hell, he wouldn't even say it to either of the twins ;)

break ole baba down like a shotgun.***

Aug 21, 2015, 10:04 PM

And perhaps he should...

Aug 21, 2015, 10:24 PM [ in reply to Would you tell their father to his face they ]

just keep his mouth shut and wait and see how they play. Silly idea,,,,I know. Or perhaps he should follow the rules of Tigernet:

TigerNet will not tolerate hateful speech, degrading remarks, or personal attacks made about athletes/coaches/faculty at Clemson University, or anyone else.

Remember that our student athletes are first and foremost Tigers. Additionally they work tirelessly through blood, sweat and tears to represent Clemson to the best of their ability. They deserve our respect. While on these forums we encourage constructive criticisms of athletic performance, but please refrain from extremisms. For example, there is never an instance when you should say this player is the worst player ever, or so and so sucks Keep criticisms of a player to a reasonable evaluation of their performance on the field.

Re: maybe you should take the gentleman's advice to heart

Aug 21, 2015, 10:00 PM [ in reply to maybe you should take the gentleman's advice to heart ]

I'm not gonna be obvious and think everyone that puts on a Clemson helmet is great. The coaches don't even say that. I personally wanna hear what people say is right with the program and wrong with the program. I personally think we have the best run program in the country. It's far from perfect, but I'm hear to talk about it. Not make fun of people

nothing's perfect, see we agree on something already.

you're attacking the davis twins, in fact you're being completely disrespectful of them by saying they are a waste.

if you want to go there, i'm your huckleberry.

maybe clean up your own backyard first?

Re: nothing's perfect, see we agree on something already.

Aug 21, 2015, 10:06 PM

The Davis twins are on the team for a reason idk what it is I do know it's not because they are great football player. That's my opinion this is a Clemson message board that's where it goes, and I'm not the only one that thinks it.

fine, stop complaining about me taking exception to that

Aug 21, 2015, 10:12 PM

opinion.

see, it's a message board, that's how it works.

you state something and people discuss if you have a point or are just full of #### or somewhere in between.

now, if you get overly sensitive as you have, it becomes more you crying about others disagreeing with you than anything else.

[see all of the above and chris clark]

Re: fine, stop complaining about me taking exception to that

Aug 21, 2015, 10:16 PM

Disagree with me that's great tell me why are what you have seen or heard that makes me you believe otherwis. Don't just act like a smartass. I want to be told different or have different views pointed out that's a major reason I'm on here. I don't wanna see you or a couple other poster bully people with different opinions.

i don't need to see anything in this instance beyond you

calling the davis twins a "waste", which no clemson fan would or should do.

what don't you get about that?

Re: i don't need to see anything in this instance beyond you

Aug 22, 2015, 12:59 AM

This is not productive and beneath true Clemson fans. STOP the personal attacks on boys who have never even had the chance to play! Where is the moderator of this board??

Re: i don't need to see anything in this instance beyond you

Aug 22, 2015, 1:17 AM

There's a difference between personal attacks and honest evaluation of what's been observed of their play. Hopefully most of the posters on here from both sides of the argument will figure that out.

there's a difference between an honest evaluation & an

Aug 22, 2015, 9:24 AM

honest educated, experienced one.

i don't find much here that fits the latter, which often makes the former personal & derisive.

I got arrested at the Thursday night Nancy State game in 03' (?)

Aug 22, 2015, 8:33 AM [ in reply to Re: no, i point out how people make fun of themselves... ]

I actually deserved it : -/

Apparently openly drinking pints of bourbon is frowned upon in the Valley

^^^True story^^^

Clemson police department served us breakfast from McDonald's

Still wasn't worth the cost of the room (drunk tank) at said CUPD

For relaxing times, make it Suntory time

Sense we're posting beach and topless pics

Aug 22, 2015, 8:28 AM [ in reply to it's ok, i've always thought that of you between the ears ]

Maybe I'll throw out a pick of me ####

On a sirius note, it is interesting to put a face with some of you clowns

haha, don't ogle my pheesh boy...

Aug 29, 2016, 10:13 AM

;)

Was a nice catch - covered up the smaller one ;)

Aug 22, 2015, 10:02 AM

I'm no boy either - I'm 40 (well almost) and I'm a MAN

Message was edited by: gville76®

Re: ok, i'll try working through that jibberish; i'm 6'1",195ish

Aug 22, 2015, 9:51 AM [ in reply to Re: ok, i'll try working through that jibberish; i'm 6'1",195ish ]

Please don't put y'all's wiener picks on here..... Because there is only one place this competition is headed....

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

where's that? are you being hopeful? you seem hopeful...***

Aug 22, 2015, 9:55 AM

I'm 6' and about 180-185

Aug 22, 2015, 10:06 AM [ in reply to Re: ok, i'll try working through that jibberish; i'm 6'1",195ish ]

And also about 6 inches if doubled over...

Thread is going downhill, or maybe that's up - for some of ya'll

;)

whoa, whoa, whoa... this all started because baba

Aug 22, 2015, 10:17 AM

thought i was a 5'8" ######, which is hardly the case because i'm not 5'8". i haven't even argued the ###### part cause i might be proud of "######" should i find out what "######" is. waiting...

make no mistake, i <3 my pheesh. she took me on a couple hundred yard walk down the beach then around the point; you know how wimmins can be. it was a windy, cold march night. the SWesterner blowing warm waters & bait fish up against the beach. the big juans follow the little juans in for a nosh & the possible hook up... some pun.

you ain't the first interlopers that's tried to ogle my pheesh, but i'm used to it.

Re: whoa, whoa, whoa... this all started because baba

Aug 22, 2015, 10:50 AM

Whew!!!!!!!!!!!'!!!!!!!!!!!!! you boys exhaust me.

maybe you should work out? it's almost football season...

Aug 22, 2015, 10:52 AM

how you going to be ready for the 4th quarter if you're dogging it 3 weeks into camp?

oh, and happy saturday.

Bagadanish's watched there film

Aug 21, 2015, 9:15 PM [ in reply to it's "you're" and you should have used "their" above... ]

grammar Yahtzee

haha, you're a bad man; happy friday stiper!***

Aug 21, 2015, 9:26 PM

Bagadanish's watched there film

Aug 21, 2015, 9:16 PM [ in reply to it's "you're" and you should have used "their" above... ]

grammar Yahtzee

So U watched their film as HS juniors ?(left HS a YR early)

Aug 21, 2015, 9:15 PM [ in reply to Re: LOL, i read the same stupid post and I'll say this ]

Practice reports [plus coaches decision not to RS seem to say they're doing good.

http://www.tigernet.com/forums/message.jspa?messageID=17656459

Re: So U watched their film as HS juniors ?(left HS a YR early)

Aug 21, 2015, 9:20 PM

They are not redshirting because you don't want them eating scholarships for 5 years instead of 4.

Aug 21, 2015, 9:17 PM [ in reply to Re: LOL, i read the same stupid post and I'll say this ]

You know than the coaches? What bet are you talking about. Oh you watched film

Aug 21, 2015, 9:21 PM

I don't know why Dabo offered but I do know it wasn't because they are great football players.

Aug 21, 2015, 11:34 PM [ in reply to Re: LOL, i read the same stupid post and I'll say this ]

Shaun, you watched their film.

Aug 21, 2015, 9:26 PM [ in reply to LOL, i read the same stupid post and I'll say this ]

Well said. It annoys me the amount of criticism and even anger that has been directed at the Judges twin sons. I hope they are able to contribute and compete here at Clemson.

Aug 21, 2015, 9:59 PM [ in reply to LOL, i read the same stupid post and I'll say this ]

They're freshmen. It's hard to tell where they'll end up. I'm sure they're working as hard as anybody else on the team. I don't like seeing all the hate, though. They've certainly done nothing to warrant that.

Aug 22, 2015, 4:01 PM

I agree 110%!

Aug 22, 2015, 3:39 AM [ in reply to LOL, i read the same stupid post and I'll say this ]

Y'all are so cute when you argue. Like an old married couple.

I tend to agree with you. We don't waste scholarships!

Aug 22, 2015, 3:56 PM [ in reply to LOL, i read the same stupid post and I'll say this ]

I believe our coaching staff is much more knowledgeable than the "staff of this board". MUCH MORE!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Hood ,check your info-

Aug 21, 2015, 8:56 PM [ in reply to Hood ,check your info- ]

They are eating up scholarships, you want them out the Door not here for 5 years.

No , Coaches want to use them now.

Aug 22, 2015, 8:40 AM

U never know with Dabo, he'll use a player their freshman year as the need dictates and RS them their sophomore year. Either way they are being used on special teams this year to replace Ben and BJ because they are now the starting LB's. This whole move em on theory of yours only came about after your they'll never see the field the whole time they're here theory was proven wrong.

Speaking of special teams

Aug 22, 2015, 8:59 AM

other than the kicker battle we've heard just a little about them, but: I'm excited about Artavis returning punts, and a guy like Ray Ray getting a few. With unproven kickers, kick coverage is huge this year. Boulware and BJ were great special teamers. Guys like Aiken, Burrell, the Davis', Jalen Williams, Joseph and the reserve DB's and TE have their work cut out for them. We probably see quite a few pooch kicks this year

So, does Austin Bryant back up Dodd?

Aug 21, 2015, 8:17 PM

Glad to see Kelly Bryant is going to play as well, if Watson goes down.
Hopefully he's ready.

Austin Bryant, looks like Dodd's backup?

thoughts.

I agree. Don't burn a year of Chad Smith eligibility

Aug 21, 2015, 8:58 PM

On special teams. I wish they'd done the same with Tony Steward.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The Dude abides

well gee, all I have been hearing...

Aug 22, 2015, 1:34 PM

is how thin we are at LB, so why wouldn't they play him?

This is getting me pumped up

Aug 21, 2015, 9:49 PM

This is going to be an amazing season!

Re: This is getting me pumped up

Aug 21, 2015, 11:05 PM

Me too. Can we spot the dang ball already? Maybe then we can sing Kumbaya together and wear our ORANGE proudly together. :)

t-net - where entertainment is constant.

Re: New Story: Redshirt Report: Who's in, who's out

Aug 22, 2015, 10:59 AM

How can two players that "didn't earn" their scholarships play before a high 4* with a top 10 sparq rating?

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

Aug 22, 2015, 1:00 PM

CU_Kobe_24 Why would we waste a redshirt year for a 4 star just so he can play special teams ?

Aug 22, 2015, 1:48 PM

Because you want the players that can keep up with the speed of FBS football. Using your logic why would they waste a redshirt on scholarship players to only play special teams when we could just use walk ons?

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

Aug 22, 2015, 3:39 PM

Why can't we use the guys that have already had the redshirt year ?Pretty sure we have some walk ons that do play special teams . Don't you wish we would have redshirt TJ Green and Tony Steward ? Tony only had 36 snaps over five games and then tore his acl again. Why in the world was he playing ? TJ had two receptions and three kickoff returns for 60 yards in 147 snaps over 12 games . Another wasted year .

Redshirting or the possibilty of it is dealt with during

Aug 22, 2015, 4:14 PM

recruitment. In Tony's case, I remember reading him saying he would only be here 4 years no matter what. In today's world, the player has to be All IN with the idea,otherwise word will get around that you don't keep your word and Dabo would as unwelcome in a lot of SC high schools as Slurrier and staff(practice of Oversigning has killed them in some schools).

Replies: 107
| visibility 101
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic