Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Go back and watch Stoudt in the BC Game.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 59
| visibility 1

Go back and watch Stoudt in the BC Game.

Oct 30, 2014, 12:02 PM

He played very well. He has had bad moments, but get off of him. Until Watson is healthy, he is the QB and we all need to support him. He is 3-0 since Watson got hurt. Those are the only stats that matter. We need him to be 4-0 after next Thursday. Support your QB.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

i completely agree.... quick question

Oct 30, 2014, 12:03 PM

link to who's not supporting him?

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."

Some would argue the offensive line isn't.***

Oct 30, 2014, 12:07 PM

valid point***

Oct 30, 2014, 12:08 PM

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."

Re: i completely agree.... quick question

Oct 30, 2014, 12:28 PM [ in reply to i completely agree.... quick question ]

Someone (I won't tell who) wrote yesterday in a thread on Tnet (I won't link) that Cole had given no proof that he has any QBing intelligence. That's not very nice. And what does that say about the folks who recruited him and gave him a spot on the team? Just sayin... doesn't sound supportive to me --- or nice.

But who am I to judge?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

well that guy/gal is an idiot

Oct 30, 2014, 12:32 PM

and there are always going to be those posts on a bored with tens of thousands of registered users...

There was a ton of good football discussion yesterday, from playoffs, rankings, stats, etc... When someone posts something like that, it's a small minority

I don't think it's worth the posts that call them out in an attempt to "clean up" the boreds

Depends...

Oct 30, 2014, 12:35 PM

You looking to score some quick TUs?

Then just post a severe overreaction to a non-existent or at least fairly minor "problem."

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Because at the end of the game, everyone knew that they weren’t that much better than us or better than us at all."

My bad. My sarcasm meter was dialed down too low.

Oct 30, 2014, 12:50 PM [ in reply to well that guy/gal is an idiot ]

I was trying to point out that that was about the worst thing I saw - and I read a lot of Tnet yesterday - and that comment wasn't even that bad. In the context of the post the guy/gal wasn't bashing Cole. Although I did find it silly in a funny ha ha kind of way considering the kid was recruited and given a spot on a CFB D1 team.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

i get what you're saying... and there's

Oct 30, 2014, 12:55 PM

a lot of posts referencing Cole's poor play, one way or another. Most of it is either pointing out how he's played poorly, or it's just in fun as a joke.

I haven't seen much true "bashing and degrading" going on. Some? Sure.

But the posts that pop up ridiculing the whole bored for talking about Cole, whether it's his poor play, fun jokes, etc... are a little ridiculous. Do they think people are gonna read them and say "wow, i shouldn't have asked that. This guy has made me see the light". No.

The posters know that.

Calling out a specific post, in that thread, where degrading had occurred is one thing. Playing bored police in an issue that is really a non issue is something else.

Re: i get what you're saying... and there's

Oct 30, 2014, 1:00 PM

The belly-achers are mistaking criticism for bashing. There's a difference but some refuse to see it.

yes... the true "bashing" is few and far between

Oct 30, 2014, 1:05 PM

sure there are some idjits who post personal nonsense... The worst is during games. It's honestly laughable.

I've been on this board to long to take any of that seriously... just like I've been on here too long to take any of the "I'm gonna make a post and be a martyr for __________" seriously either.

Re: i get what you're saying... and there's

Oct 30, 2014, 1:01 PM [ in reply to i get what you're saying... and there's ]

Cole stoudt, the second coming of Cullen harper.

Cullen Harper at least had one beast year.***

Oct 30, 2014, 1:20 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09

Considering B-Meist & Crump are deleting all posts that

Oct 30, 2014, 1:10 PM [ in reply to i completely agree.... quick question ]

are negative towards him, it's harder to prove.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

Re: Considering B-Meist & Crump are deleting all posts that

Oct 30, 2014, 1:11 PM

good for crump.

looks like it***

Oct 30, 2014, 1:19 PM [ in reply to Considering B-Meist & Crump are deleting all posts that ]

Re: Considering B-Meist & Crump are deleting all posts that

Oct 30, 2014, 2:27 PM [ in reply to Considering B-Meist & Crump are deleting all posts that ]

You're kidding there, right?

I agree.

Oct 30, 2014, 12:03 PM

Stoudt has been good enough. The offense as a whole needs to play better.

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

Good Lowered People

Oct 30, 2014, 12:04 PM

Who are all these folks not supporting Cole?

And don't say in-game moran posters.

"Because at the end of the game, everyone knew that they weren’t that much better than us or better than us at all."

LeadCoot seems to think he's not that good***

Oct 30, 2014, 12:06 PM

Re: LeadCoot seems to think he's not that good***

I saw LeadCoot having a SuperCole tattoo done.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Heard it was a tramp stamp***

Oct 30, 2014, 12:28 PM

There were posts here saying Schuessler should start

Oct 30, 2014, 12:08 PM [ in reply to Good Lowered People ]

And not just a few, either. One poster even said he'd rather lose with Schuessler than to keep struggling with Stoudt.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

well he's an idiot***

Oct 30, 2014, 12:09 PM

During game?

Oct 30, 2014, 12:09 PM [ in reply to There were posts here saying Schuessler should start ]

It's important.

No***

Oct 30, 2014, 12:16 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well, safe to say

Oct 30, 2014, 12:18 PM

idgit.

Who the heck is on Tnet

Oct 30, 2014, 12:20 PM

during a game? Get a life.

I will pay somejuan good Tnet points

Oct 30, 2014, 12:21 PM

if they will find me some Psycho in game posts.

Bob?

Anyjuan?

;)

I've been at Crump's tailgate every week

Oct 30, 2014, 12:26 PM

Getting HAMMERED DRUNK.

Re: I've been at Crump's tailgate every week***

Oct 30, 2014, 12:30 PM

HAHAHAHA That never gets old.***

Oct 30, 2014, 12:32 PM

Re: Who the heck is on Tnet

Oct 30, 2014, 12:22 PM [ in reply to Who the heck is on Tnet ]

There are those who would be on TNet as the antichrist pounded on the front door and the Johnny Carson's undead body did a monologue in their living room.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Pigs

Oct 30, 2014, 12:05 PM

Or it didn't happen.

If not for our Defense, he'd literally be 2-1.

Oct 30, 2014, 12:07 PM

Our offense has not looked good with him at the helm and it excelled with Watson.

I know he's played against 2 very good defenses but still.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

I think we'd have lost all 3 with no defense

Just my opinion.

I agree completely. If this was lets say our 2011 D

Oct 30, 2014, 12:09 PM

he'd be 0-3.

For what it is worth, was not Watson

Oct 30, 2014, 1:41 PM [ in reply to If not for our Defense, he'd literally be 2-1. ]

2-6 with an interception for -5 yards against Louisville??

WE have won the last 3 games! No IF'S about it

The End

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The point is....we didn't win that game because of his good

Oct 30, 2014, 2:12 PM

play....if anything we barely won it because of his poor play.

He/we got lucky that our defense and special teams put up a td a piece.

THE END

I support him and pull for him while recognizing his

Oct 30, 2014, 12:19 PM

shortcomings.
The two are not mutually exclusive.

But it was good at BC that when Cole pulled another stupid and ran the ball at the end of the half with no time outs (3 straight games of that) he got the 1st down which allowed us to kick the fg.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

good post...

Oct 30, 2014, 12:26 PM

fact are facts

three straight times losing your head at the half

Cole is a four year backup and should know better.

Oct 30, 2014, 12:29 PM [ in reply to I support him and pull for him while recognizing his ]

He's also like a freshman starter and has those moments.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'll support Cole until Watson is healthy, but W-L record

Oct 30, 2014, 12:37 PM

is not a good measure of QB play.

Good second half vs. Scuse too! May he have best game vs.

Oct 30, 2014, 12:42 PM

Wake Forest!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How is Pumping massive amounts of sunshine helping?

Oct 30, 2014, 12:45 PM

Just because people think he isn't a good quarterback doesn't mean they don't understand he is our only option...

Numbers do NOT lie...he is an awful QB. Has he played well enough to win the last 3 games?? I don't think he has done that either. What I do think, however, is that My opinion is as valid as anyone else's on this bored.

Sorry if I seem like a downer (I am not), but i am not gonna come on these boards shoving rainbows and butterflies in everyone's faces neither.

That being said...

We defer.

TIGER BALLS.

Re: How is Pumping massive amounts of sunshine helping?

Oct 30, 2014, 1:13 PM

I respect your opinion. (I think.) But I do have a question. How does such an awful QB get a spot on a D1 football team as a second stringer?

do you remember Jon Richt?***

Oct 30, 2014, 1:34 PM

Re: do you remember Jon Richt?***

Oct 30, 2014, 1:42 PM

Did he ever play a down?

i don't think so...

Oct 30, 2014, 1:45 PM

he wasn't ready for this level

Re: i don't think so...

Oct 30, 2014, 1:48 PM

I knew a divorce was on the horizon when she told me "Cullen harper is pretty".

Re: i don't think so...

Oct 30, 2014, 1:55 PM [ in reply to i don't think so... ]

Never played did he? But was he a bad OB? I'm asking - I don't know. All I know is that he left because he wasn't going to beat Korn or Parker for the starting job... I think.

he was a case of someone who we took...

Oct 30, 2014, 2:04 PM

that would probably never play here... and he was ok with that. He wanted the experience of being in a big time program, probably for coaching purposes...

eventually transferred when TB left...

but that kind of thing does happen

Re: he was a case of someone who we took...

Oct 30, 2014, 2:10 PM

I'm a little concerned about lack of depth at qb hurting our recruiting class.

Re: he was a case of someone who we took...

Oct 30, 2014, 2:11 PM [ in reply to he was a case of someone who we took... ]

Got it. Still I think it's a stretch to say that CS is an awful QB. That being said, he isn't great at this level. Looking back, it's a wonder to me that he wasn't better developed after being on a team at this level for 3 years. I know he wasn't the starter, but don't they still practice and improve. Makes me wonder what last season would have been like had TB decided to leave early.

Tell 'em coot

Oct 30, 2014, 1:17 PM [ in reply to How is Pumping massive amounts of sunshine helping? ]

fno 4-4

Re: Go back and watch Stoudt in the BC Game.

Oct 30, 2014, 1:16 PM

I support him when hes in there and hope he does well. I can't,however punish myself by watching him on film. It is painful enough doing it live.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Reminds me of an ole song by Tammy...

Oct 30, 2014, 1:43 PM

Whynot:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0AMMJF5-gMY

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 30, 2014, 1:45 PM

Oct 30, 2014, 1:56 PM

The only problem I have is if Cole is all we have? Cole has played decent except the first half of the Cuse game. He played so bad in fact that no way Nick could have been worse. I think NS should have seen the field last Sat. If Nick is that bad why is he on the team.

He's really 2-0. Watson started the Louisville game

Oct 30, 2014, 2:15 PM

Cole's 3-2 as a starter. Watson's 3-0 as a starter.

Replies: 59
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic