Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
So Jeff Scott will be the next OC according to
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 2,606

So Jeff Scott will be the next OC according to

Dec 12, 2012, 3:41 PM

If Morris leaves TCI says Jeff will be the next OC

http://www.theclemsoninsider.com/2012/12/swinney-has-succession-plan-if-morris-leaves/

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

maybe as interim OC, not long-term replacement***

Dec 12, 2012, 3:43 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"You ask, what is our aim? I can answer in one word: Victory. Victory at all costs—Victory in spite of all terror—Victory, however long and hard the road may be..." - Winston Churchill

Trust in Dabo

Dec 12, 2012, 3:44 PM

The man has shown time and time again that he's a wizard!

Re: Trust in Dabo

Dec 12, 2012, 3:48 PM

yeah to coot fans at the end of November

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Get over it! We can't fix that until next November (sadly).***

Dec 12, 2012, 4:35 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Trust in Dabo

Dec 12, 2012, 3:49 PM [ in reply to Trust in Dabo ]

I'm glad there's been a plan since day 1, hope CM is around a couple of more years .

I'm sure CM has told Dabo whether he thinks Jeff is the man or if he should hire someone else.

Welp... #### me.***

Dec 12, 2012, 3:49 PM

^^^ wanted the job.

Dec 12, 2012, 3:50 PM

;)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

@1.2 million and hire my friends too.***

Dec 12, 2012, 4:37 PM

i don't think there would be much drop off

Dec 12, 2012, 4:06 PM

for 2 straight years i'm sure his assignment was to study this offense to a tee because Dabo knew CM wouldn't be here forever. The only problem with it is the fanbase going overboard if we have another loss to USuCk or if we play bad in a game. Things that could very easily happen with CM here but the leash on JS won't be as long, unfortunately for him. He won't have much room for error. Then along with that is DS is tied with JS in the end.

Whats bad now is we've had two 10 win seasons in a row and as fickle as Clemson fans are...anything short of that standard will be ridiculously scoffed at and over-dramaticised. Which, I can already see a premature firing and hiring of another guy that won't meet our impossible standards of winning the conference every year and competeing for a BCS championship every single year.....its the unfortunate way things are going collegiate sports, no loyalty, all instant gratification and psychotic standards that are almost impossible to achieve. Unless Dabo has 3 bad seasons in a row then i'd keep him here. Only other way i'd get rid of him is if you're going to spend the 6 million a year and go get one of the maybe 10 no doubter coaches.

Re: i don't think there would be much drop off

Dec 12, 2012, 4:09 PM

I agree about the no drop-off from an execution standpoint; JS probably has the Xs and Os of this offense memorized to the last detail. But the innovation each year, and the great playcalling (with some NOTABLE exceptions) are all Chad. That's what would worry me

he still has bad games though...the playcalling in that SCAR

Dec 12, 2012, 4:25 PM

game was not his best. I thought he was predictable for once and didn't feel like we even were trying to grab the momentum. I know their defense was good but he didn't call a game like that against FSU. No he lined it up was throwing WR passes and mixing it up and it kept us in the game. Our defense couldn't hold it together and we lost.

But the SCAR game I always was waiting to see when he was going to pick it up. But we never got there. The one play in particular was the INT over the middle to Humphries. They had just called that 3rd play a couple of possesions before on a big 3rd down and when I saw him lined up in the slot i knew he was going to throw that slant again b/c it was the only thing that worked the whole second half....unfortunately they knew it too and they had a robber pick it off. I knew that play before they even called it. Thats when i knew we were done. We didn't have any mojo in the tank and i couldn't figure out why.

Both Dabo & JS are in step with what CU Admin desires &

Dec 12, 2012, 4:41 PM [ in reply to i don't think there would be much drop off ]

that is a good thing. Academics, integrity, and winning in that order. Our degrees have to mean something.

yea, scott's qualified

Dec 12, 2012, 4:25 PM

last I heard he has his DD degree from Bob Jones University.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I didn't know that. Good for him!***

Dec 12, 2012, 4:43 PM

No, no and no ....

Dec 12, 2012, 4:29 PM

It won't be JS - Dabo learned his lesson with Napier. Jeff won't be ready for that role for another few years.

Replies: 15
| visibility 2,606
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic