Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
ESPN Respect
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 2,127

ESPN Respect

Aug 30, 2015, 9:57 PM

They just picked VT. GT, and Florida State as possible winners of the ACC....NO mention of Clemson......Go Tigers.....

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I was told one time by a ESPNU employee that they HATE

Aug 30, 2015, 10:05 PM

going to Clemson for games because ESPN makes the announcers drive from Charlotte, that they find it so difficult to get out of the stadium and on the road due to the traffic, and the broadcast facilities are subpar compared to other stadiums.

He said that Clemson was a preferred stop during the summer months though because of the campus and the proximity to Charlotte.

Guy is an ESPNU cameraman/producer.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

"I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."

Re: I was told one time by a ESPNU employee that they HATE

Aug 31, 2015, 8:10 AM

That may have been the case at one time but last year, Kelly Stauffer referred to going out to dinner the night before at Calhoun Corners and somebody slipped him a napkin with the proper way to pronounce Clemson. As far as the substandard broadcast facilities, they've been redone. While I never got a clear understanding how nice from David Hood's article, I guess anything is an improvement. I'm thinking that with eSECpn no longer being a cash cow and having to fire employees, the "circle the wagons" mentality prevails. It is in their best interest to promote their product and they do. The PAC 12 owns their network, the BIG10 owns a larger percentage of their network. So, despite all of the denials from all of those eSECpn "experts" the SEC bias is alive and growing stronger. One last thought.....Just because I am paranoid doesn't mean they ARENT out to get me.??

Good post and good to know.

Aug 31, 2015, 8:35 AM

Thanks for the insight.

i do not want the p.c. sports networks respect

Aug 31, 2015, 7:41 AM

there take on social issues and love for the sec have given me reason NOT to watch them even if clemson is on. i will listen to the radio broadcat of the game.

Re: i do not want the p.c. sports networks respect

Aug 31, 2015, 8:02 AM

IngNot watching Clemson is like cutting off your nose to spite your face imo. I DO agree that not watching ESPN the rest of the time-I haven't watched their other programming in years-makes a very notable statement.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: ESPN Respect

Aug 31, 2015, 7:50 AM

eh...whatever...just win the games, don't give um away like fsu and gt 2014

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 6
| visibility 2,127
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic