Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Hogan's Heroes
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 2,312

Hogan's Heroes

May 28, 2020, 1:07 PM

I like to watch re-runs of some of those old comedy shows from long ago, Hogan's Heroes being one of them. But I can't understand how those guys survived when I've never seen them having a meal together. There were times when LeBeau prepared a special dish, but not for all of the men. Have any of you ever seen them eating in a mess hall?

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I had lunch, dinner & too many bottles of wine...

May 28, 2020, 1:37 PM

with Sgt. Carter - does that count?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

i didnt know Stalag 13 had a mess hall? They both cooked &

May 28, 2020, 2:00 PM

ate on the tables in their barracks. SS Stadartenführer Hochstetter wouldn't allow it ;)

ps- he was referred to a Major (Sturmbannführer in the SS) Hochstetter in most of the HH Show, yet his collar patches with the 1 oak leaf represents the rank of Colonel (Stadartenführer) in the SS. I dont know if that bothered anyone else but me lol

deadsolidperfect® Tigersense® any thoughts on this?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best Is The Standard

Re: i didnt know Stalag 13 had a mess hall? They both cooked &

May 28, 2020, 4:03 PM

I wasn't up on SS rank insignia, (still not, really) but when they tried to pass off a US M7 Priest 105mm self-propelled artillery gun as a "secret" Tiger tank, I was seriously annoyed. IDK, maybe it was supposed to be funny, but it wasn't.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hollywood's a magical place. Don't have to eat or

May 28, 2020, 2:07 PM

crap and you still survive.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I know nothing! Nothing!***

May 28, 2020, 2:17 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Re: Hogan's Heroes

May 28, 2020, 3:06 PM

I've always wondered, if you lived in a big City like London or Paris before plumbing, where did people defecate? On the neighbor's lawn?

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 28, 2020, 3:14 PM

Apparently they ate as frequently as they "recced".

Hogan frequently refers to the Rec Hall, Klink repeatedly removes recreation privileges as punishment, but you never see the prisoners recreating.

In fact, it seems the only purpose the Rec Hall had was as the temporary garage for stolen vehicles. ??

Hogan frequently refers to the Rec Hall, Klink repeatedly removes recreation privileges as punishment, but you never see the prisoners recreating.

In fact, it seems the only purpose the Rec Hall had was as the temporary garage for stolen vehicles. ??

Well, you can infer that the food must have been pretty good

May 28, 2020, 5:21 PM

because we all know there was never a successful escape from Stalag 13. :)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 28, 2020, 6:10 PM

And they were there for 6 years but the war lasted 4. Hmmm? Too busy with the fraulines I guess or blowing up some bridge.

May 28, 2020, 7:16 PM

I love me some Hogan's Heroes but my wife hates it. She just doesn't get it. We visited the concentration camp in Dachau a few years ago in late December with 6 inches of snow on the ground and it wasn't nearly as funny as the Stalag XIII prisoner of war camp. Quite sobering in fact, and even moreso with snow on the ground.

May 29, 2020, 8:07 AM

A lot of CU students watched HH,because right after it ended, there was a big rush to eat dinner. There were a lot of funny shows.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 13
| visibility 2,312
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic