Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Which game are you "ok" with losing this year?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 63
| visibility 1

Which game are you "ok" with losing this year?

Aug 25, 2014, 8:46 AM

uga, fsu, or usuc?

Obviously, I hope we don't lose any.....but if you had to choose, which one hurts the least?

I know nobody will say usuc but it is one of our biggest games as far as playoff notoriety is concerned.(as long as they don't choke this year, which I really hope happens.)

For me it's uga, because that would leave all goals on the table outside of an undefeated season. Could still win the ACC, beat our rival, and make the playoffs if we lose to uga and then win out.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09

Re: Which game are you "ok" with losing this year?

Aug 25, 2014, 9:01 AM

Any Tiger who is "OK" with a loss to anybody is doing their fan thing wrong.
A loss is a disappointment , not an "ok".

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

A loss is a disappointment.

Aug 25, 2014, 9:19 AM

I usually don't die when we loose but for the life of me I don't understand why, or why not, however you're suppose to say it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 25, 2014, 9:01 AM

smfh

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

UGA, for all the reasons you stated***

Aug 25, 2014, 9:02 AM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

i can't play this game because coot

Aug 25, 2014, 9:03 AM

not ok with saying a loss is "ok", but i understand some losses might have differing impacts on the season.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: i can't play this game because coot

Aug 25, 2014, 9:06 AM

Georgia and FSU are away from home. Tough wins away

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This is a coot type game...***

Aug 25, 2014, 9:15 AM [ in reply to i can't play this game because coot ]

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

None

Aug 25, 2014, 9:07 AM

BEST IS THE STANDARD!! GO TIGER MENS FOOTBALL TEAM, AND STAFF!

None of them

Aug 25, 2014, 9:08 AM

Winners aren't ok with losing

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We do Chicken right...it's not just for frying anymore!

Ya'll seem to be pretty happy with the last couple of years

Aug 25, 2014, 9:18 AM

And Clemson has not gone undefeated in those years.

*Y'all***

Aug 25, 2014, 9:18 AM

Why you gotta be like that?***

Aug 25, 2014, 9:21 AM [ in reply to Ya'll seem to be pretty happy with the last couple of years ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Just sayin...this whole "NEVER OK WITH LOSING"

Aug 25, 2014, 9:22 AM

Is just fan preening, and not reality. All fan bases are OK with losing a little bit, else there would be even more coaching turnover, as coaches who don't go undefeated are forced out.

understanding that something happens is far from planning

Aug 25, 2014, 9:24 AM

ahead to be "OK" with something.

do you even air quotes bro?***

Aug 25, 2014, 9:26 AM

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

no.***

Aug 25, 2014, 9:27 AM

well there's the problem....***

Aug 25, 2014, 9:28 AM

yours.***

Aug 25, 2014, 9:28 AM

nope....HTH***

Aug 25, 2014, 9:30 AM

helps you, i don't need it.***

Aug 25, 2014, 9:46 AM

Just posturing...admit it...

Aug 25, 2014, 9:29 AM [ in reply to understanding that something happens is far from planning ]

If Clemson lost to Georgia on Saturday, you would be OK. What you hoped the team would accomplish this season would still be in play. You would chalk it up to a good opponent, and a tough atmosphere, and a relatively inexperience QB that will only improve as the season goes on, putting Clemson in a position for a championship.

Admit it.

no. .I would cry up and down the internet

Aug 25, 2014, 9:34 AM

That out is not acceptable to lose. I would complain so much on the internet that the athletic department would be forced to do whatever I want.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

LOL...nice***

Aug 25, 2014, 9:35 AM

i'm not posturing, that's ridiculous and i take offense to

Aug 25, 2014, 9:46 AM [ in reply to Just posturing...admit it... ]

your supposition.

if anyone goes into a situation with losing as an "OK" then they've already begun the path to losing.

you deal with those things after the fact and there may be very good reasons they happen. you use those reasons as teaching opportunities.

in the greater scheme of things[as i said], some losses have greater impact than others, but don't ask me to buy into a loss or be "OK" with it before hand.

that's a losers mentality and posturing people such as yourself seem to wear it well.

I think you're taking a message board post too seriously.

Aug 25, 2014, 9:50 AM

It's just the internet. This thread will not affect the final score of the game Saturday. Neither will the fact that fans are OK with losing it, whether they admit it or not. Cole Stoudt will not be shaken to the point of making mistakes because he read on the internet that a fan was OK with losing the game.

i don't think you're wrong, i know it. you're the one

Aug 25, 2014, 9:56 AM

calling out my value/belief system, not the other way around.

perhaps you need to take it less seriously? i didn't begin this by accusing anyone of posturing, that's all on you bravocock.

I'm calling out your value/belief system?

Aug 25, 2014, 9:59 AM

????????????????????

Again, it's just the internet. And saying you are "posturing" is not some kind of grand insult. That's all us internet people do, including me. For example, I'm posturing right now as the guy who has transcended above the silly fans who take football so seriously, when, in reality, it all still does affect me, whether I admit it or not.

i completely agree that you should take your own "advice".

Aug 25, 2014, 10:07 AM

you're offering something not needed, maybe it's for public consumption[not mine] and your admitted posturing doesn't make it "ok" to suggest i was doing something i wasn't.

so, when you start to take it less seriously, let me know, but you and this are taking away from my fun.

you seem to have that effect on a number of people, perhaps you should save your "tongue" for calling out espn's acc bias or whatever horse you're riding that particular day.

Re: i completely agree that you should take your own "advice".

Aug 25, 2014, 10:21 AM

I honestly didn't mean to offend you...

Aug 25, 2014, 10:26 AM [ in reply to i'm not posturing, that's ridiculous and i take offense to ]

Or take away your fun, or anything. I think you took things as an insult that I didn't mean as an insult. Saying you are OK with losing was not an insult. That's more of a compliment. I would be concerned if you were in fact not OK with losing one of those games. And posturing was not meant as an insult, either. We all do that, all the time.

None. However, UGA is clearly the least important game.

Aug 25, 2014, 9:08 AM

FSU is also the most important to win, but it's becoming difficult to even convince myself of this, much less many others on this board. Emotion is really starting to overcome logic in regards to beating the coots.

Beating FSU would like mean knocking off the #1 team in the country, would probably make us the favorites to win the conference, and would even give us a shot at making the first CFB playoff even if we lost another game. Now obviously it would be better if that one loss was to UGA and not USC for many reasons, but if we lose to FSU our ceiling is 2nd place in the division and a consolation BCS bowl.

There's really only one important game this year.

It's the next one.

Being ok with losing anything must be a

Aug 25, 2014, 9:14 AM

millennial type of thing.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Do we get a participation trophy?

Aug 25, 2014, 9:41 AM

Maybe a fifth place ring? Lol.... I'm with you. Point

Ok, it's Monday morning early and I'm still half asleep.

Aug 25, 2014, 9:16 AM

I expect trick questions but really, this time of day?

Obviously, I'm not OK with losing any hence the quotations

Aug 25, 2014, 9:19 AM

So let me rephrase for you simple minded folks who just wish to jump on people for suggesting our beloved tigers not go undefeated....JFC

which loss would hurt our season the least??

The phrasing of your question elicited

Aug 25, 2014, 9:44 AM

That response. As an educated person you should know this. To call people simple minded is short sighted on your part.

Re: The phrasing of your question elicited

Aug 25, 2014, 10:00 AM

I don't know about that...if people weren't acting simple minded, they would have easily understood what he was trying to say. Instead, he was barraged with "LOSING IS ACCEPTABLE" posts which really seemed to miss the point.

Re: The phrasing of your question elicited

Aug 25, 2014, 10:01 AM

losing is UNacceptable***

whoops

So you're asking us to assume what someone means?***

Aug 25, 2014, 11:31 AM [ in reply to Re: The phrasing of your question elicited ]

Re: So you're asking us to assume what someone means?***

Aug 25, 2014, 11:46 AM

At times, yes. It's not as much assuming as much as it is connectin the dots.

Only give enough information to suffice the question asked

Aug 26, 2014, 5:56 PM

NO

I REFUSE TO EVEN CONTEMPLATE THIS QUESTION!***

Aug 25, 2014, 9:20 AM

Not "okay" with it, but if we had to lose one, it would be

Aug 25, 2014, 9:20 AM

UGA, without question.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Its never "ok" to talk about losing a game until after it's over.

Thank you guy that hasn't posted on the boreds in 8 months..***

Aug 25, 2014, 9:23 AM

I'm thinking Clemson scores about 6 fewer points

Aug 25, 2014, 9:23 AM [ in reply to Re: Which game are you "ok" with losing this year? ]

on Saturday, just because this thread exists on TigerNet. THANKS A LOT ANONYMOUS!!!

yep, should we lose it's all my fault. god forbid I

suggest the likely possibility that my Tigers lose one of the 3 big games this year....

Aug 25, 2014, 9:23 AM

Any of them - EXCEPT THE LAST ONE WITH THE DAYUM CHICKENS. I am tired of losing forever to them.

I'm never ok with losing. Play to win or don't play at all !***

Aug 25, 2014, 9:25 AM

The spring game.***

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

OK fine, I'll give up SC State or Georgia State

Aug 25, 2014, 9:34 AM

for a win against Georgia, Louisville, FSU and South Carolina.

I'm NEVER OK with a loss!!!!!!!!

Aug 25, 2014, 9:45 AM

Ever!

The really demented fans you have to worry about

Aug 25, 2014, 10:04 AM

Are the ones who really wouldn't be OK with losing one of those games. (I doubt there are very many like that.) Those are the ones that call into the radio show wanting heads to roll after every loss, swearing they will never come back to the stadium, will stop donating, etc. Those fans need help.

Losing 5 times in a row to our former prison b****

Aug 26, 2014, 6:04 PM

has demented me.

Aug 25, 2014, 10:05 AM

Choose to lose ... interesting idea

I would choose a road game against an ACC opponent and NOT Florida State. With that 11-1 record we would win the division and (Surely) be favored to win the ACCCG.

So-o-o-o-o I would CHOOSE this being in the win column of

BOSTON COLLEGE

The Eagles played us tough last year, taking the lead into the 4th quarter and displaying the nation's best runner. I respect that squad and would CHOOSE TO LOSE to them in an 11-1 season.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 25, 2014, 10:13 AM

Personally, I'd say Florida State. Two reasons for that being:

1. I like beating the SEC. Yes, it's the best conference and it's nice to have the feather in our cap to say we beat the best conference but it's mainly because their fans are such low-lifes. Many genuinely believe that the playoff should just be the top 4 teams from the SEC, and that no other teams in the country can stack up to even their mid-lower level teams. I like being able to shut them up.

2. Florida State is a road game and they're ranked #1 in the country for a reason. Of course if we lose that game, I'll be devastated...but if we're able to go into Doak Campbell and give them a good game, then it's nothing to be ashamed about. It's a game we'd look back at at the end of the year and not feel too bad about.

I am never ok with a loss as many have stated.

Aug 25, 2014, 10:31 AM

At this point in time, though, it goes beyond that. My heart is NEVER ok with a loss. But right now, even being as logical and objective as I can manage to be, I believe Clemson has the talent and coaching in place to beat anybody on a given Saturday. Go Tigers!!!

Aug 25, 2014, 10:37 AM

For me it's uga, because that would leave all goals on the table outside of an undefeated season. Could still win the ACC, beat our rival, and make the playoffs if we lose to uga and then win out.

Devils advocate card:

We could feasibly lose to you though painful misery would follow short term, but then losing the next game @ South Carolina would be devastating and would pretty much get the fire CMR crowd marching down Finley street with pitch forks and torches.

We could lose one, but not both and save seasonal goals intact.

The playoffs are a different creature and I'm glad somebody else can see that.

We want this game for two reasons you kicked our ### last year and revenge is a sweet dish. The schools aren't that far apart and we won't get another game with you all for probably 10 years out.

This is a big deal at least from our end.

It's a key game in the modern series between us too.

Aug 26, 2014, 6:08 PM

If we win then we would have split the last 10 games with you dating back to 1896. 5-5. That's a nice little nugget that I want to bring up to enhance the effect of 2 in a row.

If we lose, then we would have lost 5 out of the last 6 and 6 out of the last 10. That would suck.

I will cry like a little girl if we lose to UGA or SCAR.

Aug 26, 2014, 5:57 PM

I can take losing to FSU or even a couple of upsets before I could stomach a loss to either UGA or SCAR.

Never, I repeat never, okay with losing a game!

Aug 26, 2014, 6:05 PM

May not win them all, but I sure expect to win going into the game.

I thought about this a long time and conclude that...

Aug 26, 2014, 6:28 PM

it should be a girls tennis match with Furman.

Replies: 63
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic