Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
how excited would you guys be to see a CFP without Bama?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 1

how excited would you guys be to see a CFP without Bama?

Oct 15, 2018, 11:35 AM

I'm going to be honest, I wasn't that scared of Saban's teams before we faced them the last 3 times. Saban taught me some things, I think he may be the best college coach in history. They are so hard to beat, they kill us on special teams. They manufacture huge plays on offense, even against our awesome defense. If it came out that all their players were on HGH, it would make a lot of sense. They are beasts and I'd rather play anyone else.

I would love to see some different CFP teams this year. Think of the possibilities.

Clemson
Michigan
LSU
Kentucky (seriously, they could win the east and the SEC against LSU)
Florida
OSU
Notre Dame
Texas
Oklahoma (big 12 might be a long shot)

How satisfying would it be to wax Michigan 31-0 and knock off LSU or Florida for the Natty. It would be so refreshing.

What do you guys think? Did I miss any contenders?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

To be the best, you have to beat the best.

Oct 15, 2018, 11:44 AM

Thus, bring on Bama or any of them.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

oh, I agree. I would rather beat Bama

Oct 15, 2018, 12:02 PM

to get that extra prestige. There's just so much that can go wrong when you play those guys.

I really just want to see Dabo win his 2nd this year with a freshman QB. If TL was a junior I'd say bring 'em on.

I think it would make things easier

but I have kinda liked playing them. I just would rather play in championship than the first playoff game. I definitely do not want to play a Saban team with a month to prepare and get guys rested up and game plan. Winning over Bama/Saban in the championship just gives a little exclamation point perception wise to your accomplishment. Now I would take a championship not beating them, but it almost "means more" (borrowing a line from the SEC) when you beat Bama.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This much...

Re: how excited would you guys be to see a CFP without Bama?

Oct 15, 2018, 11:46 AM

I think Alabama is the only team against which, in my mind, the Tigers will not be favorites. I feel that if we play well, and TL keeps improving and gaining confidence, we will beat the likes of Notre Dame, Georgia, LSU etc.

So for that reason, I would not mind if they missed the playoffs.

:)

Oct 15, 2018, 11:46 AM

I would be ecstatic. For that to happen Bama would have to seriously implode...and their next 3 games are the best opportunities for that to happen. Don't rule out UT, Pruitt is extremely familiar with Saban and Bama's tendencies. They are coming off a big win at Auburn and are playing at home. LSU and Mississippi State are the other 2 games to watch out for. I don't think anyone in the SEC East can beat them if they make it to Atlanta.

Just curious about your reasoning.

Oct 15, 2018, 11:48 AM

Why do you state that Tennessee could possibly beat them but the east champion could not?

I think whoever wins the east will be better than Tennessee. I think Bama will win both of those games easily but just curious about your thought process.

Unfortunately

Oct 15, 2018, 11:47 AM

because there is only one team that you would not want to play, then you can count on that one team being in the playoff.

The reason you don't want to play them if because they are different than all of the other options.

I think it was the same way last year. I wanted anybody except Bama to be put in as the 4 seed to play us. I tried to make up reasons why they didn't deserve it, but as we saw after our game and the championship game they did deserve to be there.

Looking back I know that the reason I really didn't want to play them was not because we had already been there and done that but because I knew they were really good and could challenge us.

It's the same every year. Sure I would love to play somebody else, but Bama will be there at the end. It just depends on if we are or not.

Oct 15, 2018, 11:56 AM

Good post, but I strongly disagree with two teams you have.

1. Kentucky will not sniff the playoff. They are grossly overrated, and if you take Snell out of the offense, they fall apart. They are the epitome of one-dimensional, save for a nice little play or two through the air. That's it. They're currently 123rd in passing offense, and 34th in rushing.

2. Florida can get to the SECCG if they knock of UGA. Depending on who they face in Atlanta will determine if they make the playoff. If it's Bama, forget it. If it's LSU, maybe. After that, you really can't trust Felipe Franks in a playoff game.

I'd personally like to see a Clemson-LSU rematch. That'd make a great semi-final.

Oct 15, 2018, 12:05 PM

a lot of these teams on my list are long shots. I'm just thinking if Bama implodes, the SEC CG could be

LSU vs Kentucky
LSU vs Florida

I could see Florida or Kentucky squeak one out against LSU. (at this point) You may be right about Kentucky.

Oct 15, 2018, 12:07 PM

Don't know about anyone else, but I want 'Bama and I want REVENGE!

Oct 15, 2018, 12:09 PM

Bama is going all of the way this year undefeated to the CFPNCG. I hope we are there to challenge them. Beat NC State!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 15, 2018, 12:11 PM

No, you didn't miss any contenders but I would rather face Bama again than Notre Dame. I want the "Irish' to be "irrelevant".Period.
I could care less how many times Bama is in the CFP's as long as Clemson is in the mix.
Besides Dabo will be around a lot longer than Nick!

If Clemson is IN, I don't care who is NOT***

Oct 15, 2018, 1:45 PM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Water the Point Tree

Replies: 14
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic