Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
how do you guys think Dabo will handle the RB situation?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 43
| visibility 1

how do you guys think Dabo will handle the RB situation?

Aug 4, 2016, 5:08 PM

I mean... with Feaster being Spiller x 2, and Gallman stepping in last year and being very serviceable...

how does Dabo handle the "experienced" player vs. the "young phenom"? Although he's reliable, Gallman didn't come in as a RB, where Feaster is a true RB...

is this a "kid gloves" situation? Will Dabo elect to go "serviceable upperclassmen" over talent?

should be interesting

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: how do you guys think Dabo will handle the RB situation?

Aug 4, 2016, 5:11 PM

Big XII style - ##### is a running back

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

For relaxing times, make it Suntory time

Aug 4, 2016, 5:14 PM

I think he will play the can't miss Freshman!!
....Just look at what he did with Cole Stoudt and Deshaun.......oh..... wait....

Aug 4, 2016, 7:22 PM

By that you mean he let Deshuan have the reigns early in the season as a TRUE FRESHMAN. Only going back to Stoudt when Watson was injured? Yeah, I know what you mean, Dabo is clueless. SMH.

My guess is he'll play the best rb for the situation.

Aug 4, 2016, 5:15 PM

But that's just a hunch. I don't have no link for that.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feaster has yet to put on pads

Aug 4, 2016, 5:20 PM

just saying.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

gallman is not just "serviceable"

Aug 4, 2016, 5:26 PM

gallman and the d propelled this team in 2014. and 2015 he was arguably one of the best backs in the nation. next question....

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

Re: gallman is not just "serviceable"

Aug 4, 2016, 5:28 PM

Whose to say Feaster wouldn't have been good or choice behind that oline

me***

Aug 4, 2016, 5:55 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

and to even suggest

Aug 4, 2016, 5:57 PM [ in reply to Re: gallman is not just "serviceable" ]

choice or feaster is ###### stupid at this time. you want to play the "what if" game over a proven back? that's why you don't coach. call dabo and ask him

Totally true. Gallman is a legitimate bad @$$ running

Aug 4, 2016, 7:02 PM [ in reply to gallman is not just "serviceable" ]

back, and he's only getting better. What an incredible asset to have also at the top leading the newbies and other RB's in the system. Every time Wayne Gallman touches the ball I'm expecting something good to happen and the other team to feel beaten.

Dude is the real deal.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Totally true. Gallman is a legitimate bad @$$ running

Aug 4, 2016, 7:14 PM

In the four or five games last year when teams tried to come back on us in the 4th quarter, Gallman went out there and put the game away. He's one of the top 5-10 RBs in the country.

Maybe he will bash them and throw them under a bus

oh wait that's Muscrap's thing

I'm pretty sure Gallman came in as a RB. and 2. serviceable???

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What?

Aug 4, 2016, 5:29 PM

Clemson recruited Gallman has a RB, he rushed for over 1,500 yards, had over 400 yards receiving and is an All-ACC running back. Gallman will start and Feaster will get lots of reps this year.

Aug 4, 2016, 5:58 PM

Gallman doesn't have much of a fifth gear. Aside from that, he's a heckuva lot more than "serviceable". He rushed 283 times for 1,527 yards (5.4 yards per carry) and 13 TD's - that 1,527 is a school record, granted it helped that he played 15 games - and added 21 catches for 213 yards and another score. He also did this against some absolutely elite defenses, like BC's and Alabama's. Clemson played 10 defenses this past year with defenses in the Top 50.

That's 1,740 total yards. He also did his work in between the tackles, getting Big Boy yards in must-have situations, many times against teams that knew we were intending to run him down their throats - Louisville, Notre Dame, Florida State, Oklahoma. He ran down their throats anyhow.

He's easily the best between-the-tackles power back we've had since James Davis. And the numbers say Gallman's a comparable talent.

Davis' best year, incidentally, was 2007. He rushed 203 times for 1187 yards and 17 TD's - 5.8 per carry - and added just 6 catches for zero TD's, though they were for an impressive 115 total yards.

Incidentally, CJ Spiller's best year was 2009. He rushed 216 times for 1212 yards and 12 TD's - 5.6 per carry. Spiller also added 36 catches for 503 yards and another 4 TD's...for 1715 total yards, or 15 less than Gallman got last year. What distorts Spiller's numbers was his returns - Spiller was an absolute menace on punt and kick returns, to the point that not only was his running stuff back left and right, teams ended up refusing to even kick to him, which gave Clemson still more "hidden" yardage. But Clemson ended up retiring Spiller's jersey.

You can say "O-line" when you're talking about these guys, but these guys were playing behind what was a pretty good OL themselves, the one featuring guys like Biggie and Roman Fry, Nathan Bennett, and Barry Richardson.

Gallman's also money as a blindside pass-protector. When Deshaun Watson is The Franchise, the last thing you're going to want to do is have a whiff-happy freshman protecting his back on blitz pickups. That gets QB's killed...and the last thing Clemson's coaches are going to do, in any way, shape, or form, is risk The Franchise.

I'd say Gallman is safely entrenched as our starter.

excellent analysis***

Aug 4, 2016, 5:59 PM

Point - RB must be great blocker to protect DW4.***

Aug 4, 2016, 7:22 PM [ in reply to Re: how do you guys think Dabo will handle the RB situation? ]

sounds legit to me.***

Aug 4, 2016, 7:24 PM [ in reply to Re: how do you guys think Dabo will handle the RB situation? ]

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

how bad will it be to put Feaster in on mop up duty...

Aug 4, 2016, 7:27 PM [ in reply to Re: how do you guys think Dabo will handle the RB situation? ]

with Cooper at QB and Powell, Overton, Chase at WR -

I think he'll favor the no-talent RS junior over the phenom

Aug 4, 2016, 6:13 PM

frosh,

just like Stoudt over Watson....

just to give you azz-wipes something to beatch about,

and because he's a good Christian man who cares nothing about X's and O's

much less W's and L's.

Re: I think he'll favor the no-talent RS junior over the phenom

Aug 4, 2016, 6:53 PM

> frosh,
>
> just like Stoudt over Watson....
>
>
>
> just to give you azz-wipes something to beatch
> about,
>
> and because he's a good Christian man who cares
> nothing about X's and O's
>
> much less W's and L's.

Is everyone in a bad mood today??? Geez...maybe I missed something? #gottheconfused

Aug 4, 2016, 6:47 PM

Serviceable? Did you you really mean that or is my sarcasm meter broke today? Asking for a friend. .??

Aug 4, 2016, 7:16 PM

I think ol' BrownTown got into the sauce a little early today!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Very, very simple.

Aug 4, 2016, 6:53 PM

The player(s) who give us the best chance to win will play. It's always been that way, and it always will be that way. It is that way regardless of position and regardless of experience. No conundrum, no unique strategy or special handling required.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

That train has left the station

Aug 4, 2016, 7:25 PM

Wayne has improved each season. I really believe he will breakout this year. Plus his experience with blocking

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 4, 2016, 7:46 PM

Gallman is not just "serviceable". He's a very talented back with the experience to "turn the lights off" on a team. That being said, Feaster will have his time to shine this year ! Get ready '17

Aug 4, 2016, 7:49 PM

Add in Choice, Dye, & Fuller and we have a awesome core !

Aug 4, 2016, 8:12 PM

This. We simply have too many RB's in the barn. I hope they're all allowed to go out and play. I would not be upset if one or two transferred. They need to be seen.

Man oh Man --what a problem to have ???

Aug 4, 2016, 8:14 PM [ in reply to Re: how do you guys think Dabo will handle the RB situation? ]

Coach has done fairly well on decision making so far __ what say ye ??? --- Honk^^ if you all think Dabo will make the right decision, with this problem of running backs, he has ??

Aug 4, 2016, 8:14 PM

I think Gallman is the starter because he is good and he earned it! I also think that Feaster, Choice, Dye, and Fuller will be rotated through to keep ALL fresh for the fourth and for. Late season playoff run! These guys are ALL a threat to catch passes out of the backfield and it is situational, down and distance, and field position, as to which one they go with!! It's a GREAT problem to have!!

Aug 4, 2016, 8:32 PM

No " kid gloves " in this program . Feaster knows Gallman is the man and he's trying to learn everything he can from him .

The coaches will use Feaster in situations that can help the team and give him the best chance to succeed .

Gallman came in as a RB.***

Aug 4, 2016, 9:15 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feaster is learning this year, it's Gallman then

Aug 4, 2016, 10:08 PM

Choice,fuller, dye/feaster

Cute... Now go soak your head. Maybe it'll be "serviceable".***

Aug 4, 2016, 10:11 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Gallman is the starter all year and our best.

Aug 4, 2016, 10:24 PM

Someone must be being sarcastic. There will be plenty of carroes to go around.

He's trolling, but I had to respond... Likes me some Train.***

Aug 4, 2016, 10:39 PM

I think we need to sit Gallman all year...

Aug 4, 2016, 10:12 PM

You know, so we can start preparing for life without him

Aug 5, 2016, 12:06 AM

TY DYE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Just saying.....again!!!

Aug 5, 2016, 1:04 AM

Dye? I Know the young man has had some injuries, but for production, have yet to see him being more than tied with Fuller. Which could mean WG, Choice, Feaster in spots, then everyone else. I woukd love to see Dye have a nice season on his way out, but it will be hard to see those carries I'm thinking.

Aug 5, 2016, 4:42 AM

When it comes to Gallman this season there are just 2 question marks. (1) How many grins is he going to put on Clemson Tiger faces and (2) how many frowns on our opponent's faces? Because if it is anything like last year, those are going to be some big, big numbers.

Guy was handing out Despair to opposing teams like some kind of nightmarish Santa Claus. Your team just needs to ball back and there is Gallman slashing through and to add insult to injury (and sometime injury to injury) he smashes through the last defender knocking him backwards to pickup a few more yards. Thank the Lord he's on our side.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Don't be a drama queen.

Aug 5, 2016, 8:13 AM

Don't try to make this about something that it has nothing to do with either, snowdevil. Dabo was here when Spiller and Davis shared touches. Spiller got plenty of touches his first year.

You whineazzes can say what you want, Dabo puts the best people in the best place to give Clemson the best chance to win.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think it's on Feaster to learn the playbook. If he knows

Aug 5, 2016, 9:56 AM

the plays and can execute them, he will see the field.

Aug 5, 2016, 10:29 AM

I don't know why Dabo would be worried. I would guess that Gallman sees the majority of meaningful snaps but there will be enough garbage time and needed rest time during games that Feaster/Choice/Dye will get a good shot to show what they can do.

Replies: 43
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic