Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I’ve bought my last Nike product and I wish Clemson
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 87
| visibility 1

I’ve bought my last Nike product and I wish Clemson

Jul 2, 2019, 12:36 PM

Would cancel their apparel contract Witt Nike. The Anti-American activist on the left are being unchallenged by those of us who love this country.

Nike dropped Betsy Ross-themed Fourth of July sneaker after Colin Kaepernick complained, report says

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/nike-colin-kaepernick-sneaker-betsy-ross

Explore the Fox News apps that are right for you at http://www.foxnews.com/apps-products/index.html

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I can think of way better reasons to not buy Nike.***

Jul 2, 2019, 12:39 PM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I can think of way better reasons to not buy Nike.***

Jul 2, 2019, 2:53 PM

I've always worn Nike . Will always wear it .
Whatever others chiose to do with their money and products doesn't affect my decisions .

Go Tigers !

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Jul 2, 2019, 3:35 PM

I was talking more price point. Most days I have wear plastic bags and some string.

Jul 2, 2019, 4:04 PM

Have you seen the new re-usable bags that Lowe's are sporting ?

High fashion if you like greys and blues .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Jul 2, 2019, 7:17 PM [ in reply to Re: I can think of way better reasons to not buy Nike.*** ]

Hopefully not clear plastic

are you calling my

Jul 2, 2019, 9:54 PM

feet ugly, looser?

I "avoid" Nike when possible.

Jul 2, 2019, 12:42 PM

But have to admit I bought a their National Championship t-shirts and have bought a jersey for my kid.

There is no denying their support of Kaepernick is devisive, but they know their market and which customers they prefer.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

"I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."

Re: I "avoid" Nike when possible.

Jul 2, 2019, 12:58 PM

I am a father of 3 and have told them I will no longer pay for a bike product until they've changed their position on social issues.

the loss of 5 people as customers will not be noticed but when combined with others of like mind, perhaps Nike will get the message.

a well thought out protest, I like it...

Jul 2, 2019, 1:11 PM

which social issue positions does Nike have that you believe should be changed? and to what position should they change them to?

I am agnostic on the kneeling thing. A tempest in a teapot.

Jul 2, 2019, 2:59 PM

And Colin can say and do what he likes, and employers can employ him or not. Everybody needs to chill, imo.

You ask a fair question. Part one: I agree with Ithaca that a company is adopting a position on a social issue when it decides to not display an American flag - an American flag! - just because one person says he "and others" don't like it. That is not a marketing decision but a social position. They may have considered the marketing impact, and I hope they are greatly surprised, but it is a social position.

Part two: I think they should place overriding principles above the personal feelings of some of their associates. The US was not formed to promote slavery, and the principles on which it was formed override his own personal emotions. The flag in question was a direct symbol of our founding.

Colin's feelings might be rational, but his assigning them to that symbol is not. Nike is adopting a social position by agreeing with Colin that the founding of the US is tainted by that or any bad decision subsequently made. Both are dead wrong, and Nike needs to back off that one.

We are too consumer oriented now for any impact to come to Nike. People will buy sneakers from Hitler if the culture thinks they look cool. But I would like to see them pay a price for this.

Thank you for your response... I appreciate the insight

Jul 2, 2019, 6:12 PM

But also in fairness to Nike, maybe their overriding principle is to stand on a social issue that is important to them.

For me, I have come to abhor the phrase, "reports say"... I know that confidential sources are critical to a free press, but so many "sources" and the "free press" have agendas that I am jaded by vague references that get circulated so quickly and a headline that is written as a question but the subsequent write up is pointed as fact...

Also, I give Nike no quarters in regards to child labor allegations and therefore wouldn't think that slavery is an issue for them, but that the flag in question has been co-oped by white supremecist group(s) today... I believe that is the bigger concern for Nike without regard to slavery being a taint on American history.

But whatever the reason that Nike has taken any position, it most certainly is most influenced by profit and loss, with 99.99999999999% risk in favor of profit...

As a retailer who has worked with Nike....

Jul 2, 2019, 1:15 PM [ in reply to Re: I "avoid" Nike when possible. ]

I’ll say this....

There are plenty like yourself who will not buy from Nike because of this. Having said that, we’d all be foolish not to think that Nike hasn’t already weighed the pros and cons of this scenario. I don’t care how “progressive”, “liberal”, or anything else Nike claims to be, if they thought that for a second this would be a net loss, they wouldn’t have bagged this shoe.

You said that there are now 5 customers that won’t buy Nike, but who’s to say that a family of 6 that otherwise wouldn’t have purchased Nike sees this story and decides they now will buy from them? That’s a net gain. That’s how Nike views this situation.

In the much, much bigger scheme of things, Colin Kaepernick is a small blip on the radar of both Nike and the larger issues of race, socioeconomics, etc. Think about it...we have one major sport taking place in the US right now (baseball) and yet here we are talking about an athletic apparel provider. Do we really think Nike is going to get hurt by recalling a few thousand pair of shoes? For all we know, this may have been the plan from the beginning.

Having sat through marketing presentations from Nike, Adidas, Under Armour, Puma, and others, I can tell you Nike is MILES ahead of any other brand when it comes to marketing and telling a story. Like it or not, they are marketing geniuses. Hey, they even got me to post for the first time in ages!

Re: As a retailer who has worked with Nike....

Jul 2, 2019, 1:56 PM

"From the Wall Street Journal Report:"Kaepernick, the former quarterback who famously kneeled during the National Anthem starting in 2016, was named as the face of Nike’s latest “Just Do It” campaign last year. After the announcement, Nike’s stock initially fell more than 3 percent, before online sales increased.

A report from Edison Trends said the company’s online sales grew 31 percent the week the campaign was launched. The surge was stronger than the 17 percent increase recorded last year during the same period, the report stated.

“There was speculation that the Nike/Kaepernick campaign would lead to a drop in sales but the data does not support that theory,” the company said in a statement."

They understand marketing.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 2, 2019, 10:02 PM

Nike understands marketing, but it doesn't mean that they don't make mistakes. Kapernick was not a mistake like many thought that he would be, but I am not sure that they might not have made a misstep on this one. Kapernick, though divisive, has an awful lot of supporters. I think Nike will find that many more people see this as an unpatriotic move, than will view this flag as a racist symbol. Maybe they are assuming that they have already lost many of those, or maybe they think that they could appear racist which would have catastrophic effects, and are picking the less dangerous position at this time. I don't expect it to be any crushing blow, and they may even have a temporary uptick because of all of the coverage in the short term. However, I believe that they have alienated a chunk of people that they will not get back for a while this time.

Jul 2, 2019, 9:25 PM [ in reply to As a retailer who has worked with Nike.... ]

Add my family of 4 to the count. Use to buy everything Nike, haven’t purchased a single piece of apparel since CK endorsement. He has his right and I have mine not to give one penny of my money to a company that believes in him.

Jul 2, 2019, 9:44 PM

I No longer buy anything Nike either.

Re: I’ve bought my last Nike product and I wish Clemson

Jul 2, 2019, 12:46 PM

Maybe they were pulled because they’re ugly shoes and nobody was going to buy them and if they blamed it on Kaepernick they knew it would make news.

Balm is right though. When it comes to reasons to hate Nike the exploitation of child labor seems a bigger deal than this.

The state of Arizona pulled all of their tax incentives

Jul 2, 2019, 12:59 PM

The state of Arizona pulled all of their tax incentives for a new manufacturing plant in Arizona over the issue.

To be clear

Jul 2, 2019, 1:05 PM

I don’t agree with their stance or their association with Kaepernick. The issues he is raising awareness to are real and important but the guy himself is an opportunist capitalizing on a dwindling football career.

All that being said, the actual production of Nike materials is infinitely more troublesome. But Nike will basically write Clemson a blank check to keep their contract at this point and I’m okay with that. I’d like to see us switch to Under Armour because I like their gear better than Nike but then we’d be accused of copying the coots and frankly recruits would rather play in Nike and that has a bigger impact than them possibly pulling a shoe because one guy didn’t like them which I find hard to believe.

Re: To be clear

Jul 2, 2019, 1:19 PM

The Monet Nike pays Clemson isn’t even close to what they pay UNC, Texas, Michigan, and Dukes

Because they sell more gear than us...pretty simple really***

Jul 2, 2019, 1:20 PM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I was responding to his comment that they would write

Jul 2, 2019, 1:29 PM

Clemson a blank check

My point still stands...If you want NIKE to write us a

Jul 2, 2019, 1:35 PM

bigger check, buy more NIKE gear, if you want a smaller check, continue with your boycott...But don't whine about other schools getting bigger checks

I got your point and I wasn’t whining, I was

Jul 2, 2019, 3:05 PM

Informing the other poster who assumes Nike views Clemson has a large partner because we won 2 natty, but the truth is they pay UNC more in one year than Clemson in 10 years. And yes I’m continuing my boycott and I wish Clemson would cancel their contract.

So Nike pays UNCheat 10x what they pay Clemson?

Jul 3, 2019, 12:55 AM

Well, I damm sure won't be buying any more of their stuff!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: To be clear

Jul 2, 2019, 7:03 PM [ in reply to To be clear ]

The issues he is raising awareness to are real and important but the guy himself is an opportunist capitalizing on a dwindling football career.
************************************************** --
Do you truly believe that there is a systemic intent by American law enforcement officers to seek opportunities for inflicting violence on black people? You really believe there is a purposeful conspiracy by the police who are charged with enforcing laws AGAINST violent crime to perpetrate crime because they are racists?

That’s idiotic. It’s an offensive LIE. And if you believe it, in my opinion you’re a gullible sucker. When some meth head tries to break into your house to steal stuff to support his habit, call Colin Kaepernick to investigate and get your stuff back.

Message was edited by: Flying Tiger®

that was a little confusing

Jul 2, 2019, 9:15 PM

in that you concede that the issues raised are real and important, but then lament and discredit that there is a purposeful systemic intent nationwide by LE to purport violence against black and brown people...

to that, I say that no, there is not a nationwide conspiracy. however, there is documented evidence of the disproportionate use of force against black and brown people; particularly when they are unarmed. this fact does not have to be a conspiracy to exist, just like there was not a conspiracy of corruption that enveloped a disproportionate number of NYPD officers in the 70's. Many would have chosen not to be involved except for the personal safety of themselves and their families; they participated in corrupt activities to remain employed, healthy and alive...

some officers very simply have an implicit bias towards black and brown people that results in a use of force beyond necessity. the issue is very real, and I commend your acknowledgement.

but as for Nike, it's ALL about the dollar bill y'all...

Knew a response like that was coming

Jul 2, 2019, 9:22 PM [ in reply to Re: To be clear ]

If you really think the laws are applied evenly in this country, I’m not sure what kind of fairytale you’ve decided to live in but it certainly isn’t this timeline.

I never said I agreed with him wholeheartedly and bought everything he says. And I’ve voted red in every election I’ve participated in. All of that doesn’t mean I can’t choose to use my eyes and brain and clearly see that the laws aren’t always enforced equally. I don’t think it’s a majority of law enforcement or a calculated enforcement crackdown coordinated throughout the country but there certainly is a problem. I know several law enforcement members that I respect deeply and I’d say 99% of the police I’ve ever interacted with have been pleasant, but I’m also white and generally non-threatening.

The thing (one of the things) that’s wrong with modern political debate is that there are only 2 opposite viewpoints allowed and there’s no room for deviation to somewhere in the middle. I basically said “I don’t like Kaepernick but there’s some merit to some of the things he says” and you immediately went to me being a gullible idiot whose house is apparently going to get burgled by a meth head.

I pretty sure there is FBI data that shows there isn't

Jul 3, 2019, 1:03 AM

a major statistical difference in the percentage of blacks shot by law enforcement officers, vs the percentage of whites shot by law enforcement officers.

Shootings are only one part of it

Jul 3, 2019, 6:29 AM

But I can also count on one hand the number of times I’ve seen videos of white people being held up at gunpoint by police. I said that the laws are applied differently. Stops, probable cause, arrests, convictions, sentencing, etc. are all areas where justice and authority are misused.

I don’t think every cop hates black people or even a large portion of them. But to blindly support all law enforcement regardless of their transgressions is ignoring a problem and causing more tension. There are d!ckhead cops just like there are d!ckhead lawyers, d!ckhead engineers, and d!ckhead garbagemen.

Re: The state of Arizona pulled all of their tax incentives

Jul 2, 2019, 1:09 PM [ in reply to The state of Arizona pulled all of their tax incentives ]

Sounds like something AOC would do. Nike will just have to do business elsewhere.

It's difficult to compare the Amazon deal with the Nike deal

Jul 2, 2019, 1:17 PM

but the comparison isn't that far off I guess.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Meh, if Nike decided to stick with their facility in AZ

Jul 2, 2019, 1:11 PM [ in reply to The state of Arizona pulled all of their tax incentives ]

the incentives will just pass through the county and city anyway. It was a dumb move by Gov Ducey to pull this publicity stunt.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

yea, doing the honorable thing is really bad form

Jul 2, 2019, 1:54 PM

Wish more politicians would just trash our country while giving away taxpayers money ......

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgtbn_110.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yeah, I wouldn't expect you to understand but I will try

Jul 2, 2019, 2:52 PM

to explain it anyway.

Nike was going to invest $184.5M in a manufacturing plant and hire 500+ people in Goodyear. Governor Ducey gave them the equivalent of a middle finger through the Arizona Commerce Authority because Nike exercised their right as a company to not produce a shoe that some people would find offensive. The middle finger is hollow because the bulk of the incentive money would come from the local level anyway and the state incentives would be post-performance (ie, the ACA isn't giving away "taxpayers money" as you so eloquently put it). Arizona is the exact opposite of South Carolina when it comes to pre-performance vs post-performance incentives.

So basically, all he did was do his part in denying skills training and jobs to his constituents as well as tax revenues to the city, county and state because Nike decided not to produce a shoe that they felt would be offensive.

It was a political stunt, that's it.

Re: Yeah, I wouldn't expect you to understand but I will try

Jul 2, 2019, 3:28 PM

So, since the price of American freedom is higher than anything Nike had to offer, Arizona did the right thing in giving Nike the finger. Kudos to AZ. A win-win for AMERICA. Hey Nike, go eff yourself. LOL at the Dims and their willingness to give OUR country away.

Ok, then why did Ducey let it get this far to begin with?

Jul 2, 2019, 3:35 PM

Nike doing something extremely liberal and wussified like this isn't a surprise. They made CK their spokesman last year in an incredibly successful ad campaign. The Gov knew where they stood before this happened, so why not give them the finger when they initially started looking at sites in AZ?

there's something strangely amiss here....

Jul 2, 2019, 12:52 PM

if these shoes were created to celebrate July 4th, wouldn't they have been in the stores weeks ago, so people could buy and wear them on the 4th of July?

It's like selling Christmas trees on December 26th. It's not adding up.

I think we're all being duped. Anybody have evidence that these were made in mass quantities, or are all the pics of that ONE pair of shoes?

The winner here is the one capable of ignoring the BS.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They were already on the way to Distributors when Nike pull

Jul 2, 2019, 1:02 PM

Them from the market you can buy some of those shoes online from people who’ve already bought them they’re selling for as much is $2000 a pair

well, well, this plays into the public scam even better

Jul 2, 2019, 1:12 PM

1. Make shoe in small quantities.
2. Contrive some pretend PC offense to make shoe controversial.
3. "Recall" shoe (but let all of them still slip out).
3. Make shoe blackmarket price skyrocket.
4. Profit. Hook. Line. Sinker.

Only flaw I see in your plot

Is that Nike would have to be the ones selling them on the black market to lock in the huge profits you’re speaking of. Plausible but would think even the slightest bit of research would be able to expose that.

It seems simpler to me that it’s an artificial story to drive up demand and they’ll put some out on a limited release after a bunch of people call in outraged and they’ll be triple the price and sell exponentially more than if they would’ve just released the shoe to begin with

Re: there's something strangely amiss here....

Jul 2, 2019, 1:35 PM [ in reply to there's something strangely amiss here.... ]
NikeSux.jpg(51.9 K)

I use to work retail in a Hibbett Sports that was considered

Jul 2, 2019, 2:18 PM [ in reply to there's something strangely amiss here.... ]

"urban." Back then when a new Jordan and Air Force 1 came out, "launched", they had set release dates. The 4th of July AF1 was always like this. Come out a few days before the 4th and completely sell out. Nike would call them limited edition.

These were already in stores waiting for the release date. Nike recalled them. If a store/company doesn't send all of their supply back they risk losing the ability to sell any Nike products. Nike has most of its retailers over a barrel. This is how some of the really horrible looking product gets out there. If you don't buy this we aren't going to let you buy this either.

Jul 2, 2019, 12:54 PM

I stopped buying Nike a long time ago. I do agree with the fact that the current shoe is not attractive for sale and Nike used the opportunity for publicity.

Jul 2, 2019, 1:04 PM

if you stop buying "Nike" .... do you start buying Under Armour?

Jul 2, 2019, 2:16 PM

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

I wish they'd go bankrupt.***

Jul 2, 2019, 1:14 PM

Why, so all of their suppliers won't get paid what they are

due? Because that is how going bankrupt works.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 2, 2019, 1:17 PM

Me too. But I will accept as a gift and I have a birthday coming up, so...

Principled and practical...

Jul 2, 2019, 1:24 PM

rgby83® has a lesson here. ;)

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You can make some custom red white and blue ones on their website. It's kind of cool. On the upper tab on the back of the shoe where it usually says Nike, you can write whatever you want. One shoe can say "Go" the other could say "USA". I made some on a few occasions with my name on the back. I made an orange pair with Go Tigers a few years back.

NIKE makes the best shoes/gear, why would you want us to

Jul 2, 2019, 1:21 PM

wear anything less than the best?

Re: NIKE makes the best shoes/gear, why would you want us to

Jul 2, 2019, 11:23 AM

If he is so disgusted with the USA, then he should move to Iran or North Korea. They like dictatorship. I spent 10 plus years defending the USA and to have an idiot like him dictating to a company what they should or should not sell doesn't sit very well with me, especially when he hasn't served not 1 minute in the military. I say to he77 with him. Nike can close as fae as I'm concerned.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thank you for your service, but what does this have to do

Jul 2, 2019, 1:37 PM

with Clemson?

it doesn’t, unless you are an American

Jul 2, 2019, 1:48 PM

If you are, it is blatantly apparent.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgtbn_110.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: NIKE makes the best shoes/gear, why would you want us to

Jul 2, 2019, 1:49 PM [ in reply to Re: NIKE makes the best shoes/gear, why would you want us to ]

Gasp, you object to an American citizen expressing his rights to the first amendment? There is a difference in objecting to the policies and decision of the Government and being anti-American "move to Iran". What he is doing, advocating is hyper-American. Nike is free to listen or not listen. I mean, if you are going to take issues with Nike there is a whole host of other items (child labor, off-shore employment, tax subsidies, etc)

Sic semper tyrannis - but don't ask me I am hyper isolationist libertarian save for items covered under the police power.

What proof do you have that Nike makes the best shoes?

Jul 3, 2019, 1:12 AM [ in reply to NIKE makes the best shoes/gear, why would you want us to ]

They just have the best marketing dept! McDonalds sells the most burgers, but they damm sure don't make the BEST burger!

Please, anyone out there named Betsy Ross, please complain

Jul 2, 2019, 1:43 PM

to Nike so that they will drop Kaeperdick.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Amen. We should be outfitted by Salt Life.

Jul 2, 2019, 1:57 PM

That'd be dope!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't buy NIKE because...

Jul 2, 2019, 2:22 PM

Their products are crap.

Jul 2, 2019, 2:37 PM

Anyone that would td this post is as big of fool as upchucknick. He protest America but supports a company that uses slave labor to make it's products in china and other countries. America love it or leave it.

Jul 2, 2019, 2:48 PM

Some good comments but I'll add 2 cents.

If you are 30+ year old white, male....you aren't NIKE's core target audience. They make their money on a younger demographic. This is likely 1) to have zero impact on their sales, 2) improve their imagine with their core demographic and 3) You just drove the price of those shoes through the roof as they will hit the market through the back channels.

I don't like Nike either. Their shoes have gotten ugly and are soooo cheaply made. But the "Just do it' brand is powerful.

Nike makes a lot of money off of....

Jul 2, 2019, 2:55 PM

Nike makes a lot of money off the people that would rather have 20 pairs of shoes, nike clothes, multiple team jerseys, and a nice car instead of a nice home.

Clemson doesn't care about basketball....as evidenced by Brown-L getting 14 years.

Re: Nike makes a lot of money off of....

Jul 2, 2019, 3:03 PM

Exactly. They also know that the trend setters like hip hop stars, various other entertainers and artists, and athletes, set the trends for people under 30 or 35 here and around the world. Those trend setters love Nike. Thats all that matters. Nike's stock is up something like 30% since they sided with Kaepernick many months ago. Their sales are way up too.

Re: Nike makes a lot of money off of....

Jul 2, 2019, 3:42 PM

"Nike's stock is up something like 30% since they sided with Kaepernick many months ago. Their sales are way up too. " - good grief man, you have no freaking clue as to what you speak. 30%??????? Geez dude. Try to do some research before you rant about stuff you know nothing about.

Here's some research for ya' dude.

traded at 89.20 on 4/19
if my memory serves, Nike was trading around $82 and change when they announced Kap
trading today at $84.74, but was trading at $82 and change prior to Trump's meeting with Xi last weekend

Some quick math says that the stock has basically stagnated, even though the market itself has gained significantly during the same time, so the stock is sucking wind. Also, sales were down - NOT UP as you seem to think.

You didn't win anything, but thanks for playing.

Nike running gear is cheap crap

Jul 2, 2019, 3:07 PM

kind of like Kaperdick

Jul 2, 2019, 5:24 PM

Amen!!!!!!!!!!! Never again!!!

!

how can you be so anti American and collect millions of US

Jul 2, 2019, 5:47 PM

Dollars from an American company.

What a piece of human garbage. If he hates America so much he should stop profiting off the backs of Americans who buy Nike and move to another country.

You’d think he would have learned from his first loss of job. This guy needs to get out if he hates our country so much. What a hypocrite.

Re: how can you be so anti American and collect millions of US

Jul 2, 2019, 6:53 PM

Kapernick started sucking as a QB so he started his fake BS to get attention. It was supposed to be about police injustice and now he is just being Anti American. Maybe this is where Smollet got his idea to be more famous and make more money.

Re: how can you be so anti American and collect millions of US

Jul 2, 2019, 10:52 PM [ in reply to how can you be so anti American and collect millions of US ]

I think he's a scum bag too. Me as a veteran I can't stand his ###. He'll make a lifelong living just like Jesse Jackson pimping his agenda to no good cause but dividing.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 2, 2019, 6:39 PM

I like my sports, music, and movies without political opinions. Once stars open their mouths for any other purpose than to discuss their craft, I almost always think less of them at the conclusion. Political statements ruin the whole reason for entertainment, which is to escape real life and forget about your problems for a little while.

Just don’t feel strongly either way. Typically...

Jul 2, 2019, 7:26 PM

buy other brands but have one real nice Nike Clemson cap.

It’s funny to see the snowflakes on here

Jul 2, 2019, 7:34 PM

get all their feathers ruffled from one guy. Conservatives love to call liberals snowflakes but with one Nike ad they all swore off buying anything Nike.

I don’t agree with the decision to pull the shoes, but it’s funny watching the snowflakes get their panties in a wad over shoes or an ad.

Re: It’s funny to see the snowflakes on here

Jul 2, 2019, 11:21 PM

You're confusing 'snowflake' with "AMERICAN". SOME of us actually love OUR country. Maybe find a country you like better and take kapercrap with you.

I do love America. And am not a Kap fan.

Jul 3, 2019, 6:35 AM

I said I didn’t agree with the decision. But it’s funny to see how triggered y’all get over one commercial, or one shoe decision.

Yep... especially the ones that have an exclusive on what it

Jul 3, 2019, 8:14 AM

is to be an American.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Maybe Nike will go bankrupt and beg The USA Government to bail them out....

Jul 2, 2019, 9:09 PM

Like the Car Companies & others did.
As Tony Soprano would say, Nike "is dead to me!" I've never liked the Silly Joke ? check mark logo and I've always thought the product didn't hold up long term against other competitors. In my experiences with Nike, I've paid "Gucci" prices & I've received "faded Glory" results. On top of all that we're getting U.S.A., Law Enforcement & American Flag Hate from this supposedly American Dream company. What a bunch of sellouts....

I also don't like;

Ex Tarheel MJ, "Just do it, Swoosh, Phil Knight, Oregon, Chip Kelly, etc.

WHAT I LOVE & HOLD WITH HIGH REGARD;

GOD
FAMILY
COUNTY
MILITARY
PRETTY LADIES (Especially Blondes size 4-6)
CLEMSON FOOTBALL
MY JOB & MY HOUSE

Go Tigers, Beat the Yellow Jackets & GOD Bless Clemson!!!

Jul 2, 2019, 9:13 PM

rhettm said:

Would cancel their apparel contract Witt Nike. The Anti-American activist on the left are being unchallenged by those of us who love this country.

Nike dropped Betsy Ross-themed Fourth of July sneaker after Colin Kaepernick complained, report says

Explore the Fox News apps that are right for you at http://www.foxnews.com/apps-products/index.html

#Triggered

Jul 2, 2019, 9:28 PM

I stopped buying anything Nike when they endorsed that no talent bum.

Jul 2, 2019, 9:28 PM

I stopped buying anything Nike when they endorsed that no talent bum.

Jul 2, 2019, 10:47 PM

So because I'm Liberal..... I don't love our Country? Wow, I got nothing. (Not worth the effort) ???

Jul 2, 2019, 11:24 PM

By calling yourself a liberal, then we can assume that you agree with what they represent and promote for the direction of our country??? If so, then it's good that you have nothing.

We do NOT plan to become a Socialist country, so deal with it.

#MAGAR***

Jul 2, 2019, 10:59 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 3, 2019, 12:31 AM

rhettm said:

I won't buy Nike either because of the Kapernick crap. I hate it because I like their products. I'm buying Asics running shoes this week. I also try to avoid China made products every time I can. Hard to do, but I do try since they steal our technology, the bastids.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Isn't New Balance the only shoe company with a US plant?

Jul 3, 2019, 1:51 AM

And with several manufacturing plants in England.

Jul 3, 2019, 7:03 AM

The bigger story is the decision from Nike to remove a pro Hong Kong shoe at the behest of the Chinese government. It’s just another instance in a long pattern of big American companies kowtowing to the authoritarian left, at home and abroad.

Haven't bought anything Nike since they hired the guy

Jul 3, 2019, 7:20 AM

who disrespected my flag. Never will either.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Replies: 87
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic