Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
how are we ever going to fill a stadium
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 25
| visibility 1

how are we ever going to fill a stadium

May 25, 2012, 1:00 AM

For a b12 title game in Texas? It will always be an way game for us, charlotte is a perfect location and even Tampa was more convenient then any possible b12 spot. Same goes for bball tourney, lots of clem folks drove to greensboro or Charlotte. That's out.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

2 points

May 25, 2012, 1:17 AM

1. The acc title game wont always be in charlotte. Syracuse, pitt both want northern games
2. The B12 title game wont always be in Texas. Especially if they expand east

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

1. what indoor stadium would you hold a title game?

May 25, 2012, 1:25 AM

you going to have the acccg in the meadowlands in december? philly? buffalo?

2. maybe a "central" location[? atlanta if gt comes], but charlotte would be a central location for the acc and dallas is easy for flights, hotels, etc.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

1. I'm not sure, but at this point the ACC expects it to

May 25, 2012, 1:34 AM

rotate every several years.

2. I would love Atlanta, but I think what is more likely for us to see A distribution similar to the school following.

it won't rotate, not sure where you're getting that, not

May 25, 2012, 1:40 AM

the football game; you are not holding the acccg in a northern outdoor stadium.

i could see the acc tournament in a "madison square garden" for exposure.

honestly don't know what the big12ish might do.

Thats for Basketball.

May 25, 2012, 8:12 AM [ in reply to 1. I'm not sure, but at this point the ACC expects it to ]

And it has been rotating for at least the last 10 years (DC, Charlotte, Gboro, Atlanta, Tampa, etc.)

we MAYBE coule get it in atl or fl

May 25, 2012, 1:34 AM [ in reply to 2 points ]

Like once every five yrs. And I guarantee if the acc title game rotates north the farthest it goes is dc, but they really like charlotte.

And bball?

Here is another problem. Most Clemson alumni are very concentrated in ga sc nc, the meat of the acc. I live in va, a lot of clem games I catch are raycom or ss. When our games are not the big national games but the lower level games, will most alumni and fans even see it? It would be roughly half the schedule in question.

Re: we MAYBE coule get it in atl or fl

May 25, 2012, 8:42 AM

Tier 3 rights would be perfect for this situation. Good thing the big 12 lets us keep them.

null

Re: we MAYBE coule get it in atl or fl

May 25, 2012, 9:01 AM

Championship games are Tier 1 (broadcast) or Tier 2 (ESPN) and it will always be that way.

Yeah, ok, Syracuse and Pitt are going to get what they want.

May 25, 2012, 8:26 AM [ in reply to 2 points ]

ACC golf is in NC, basketball was in NC, football was in NC, soccer was in NC, baseball was in NC. Syracuse and Pitt are the new kids on the block. My guess, that will get a say in something that counts 2025-2027 range.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

St. Louis would be a great location. Indoors, mid-way, big

May 25, 2012, 2:03 AM

city with lots of BBQ and lots of fun. The gateway to the west on the Mississippi River. We wouldn't be competing with any other conferences for that location for any big games either. Considering the Rams, it would be the best football they'd see all year.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

would be a good spot and go easy on my rams

May 25, 2012, 2:43 AM

i hope fisher is the answer. been a long time since warner, marshall and the greatest show on turf.

seems to me like it has actually been there before***

May 25, 2012, 8:06 AM [ in reply to St. Louis would be a great location. Indoors, mid-way, big ]

It used to be in Kansas City***

May 25, 2012, 8:14 AM

guess I was close, thought Tex beat Neb in St Louis

May 25, 2012, 8:30 AM

when it first started but KC is what caused me to think that

Re: how are we ever going to fill a stadium

May 25, 2012, 7:17 AM

probably one of the big reasons we aren't anxious to go anywhere - reduced attendance for all sports.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 25, 2012, 7:33 AM

Look kinda funny on TV, wouldn't it? Home side completely packed for whatever home team and visitor's side with maybe a few hundred fans at most. Bet someone would want to renegotiate a TV contract pretty quick.

May 25, 2012, 8:28 AM

If we run thru a Big XII schedule, I promise we would fill a stadium.

May 25, 2012, 8:30 AM

We will probably fill it the same way we have filled bowl game locations. Flights are not that expensive.

Charleston to Dallas is about 300 dollars right now round trip.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

May 25, 2012, 8:35 AM

Throw in food, hotel and game ticket gets you near 600 bucks. I don't see many blue collar fans drumming up that dough IMO. Many/most will not be involved ever.

UT/OU would be the only trips I'd ever consider living here in Atl.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You build it and they will come.***

May 25, 2012, 8:34 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The upper deck vs. GT in Tampa was empty in the ACCCG

May 25, 2012, 8:44 AM

Another reason to leave the ACC.....half full ACCCG stadiums although they finally got in right & moved the game to Charlotte.

However, unless Clemson or UNC is playing it'll be half empty in Charlotte.

It will go back and forth between midwest and southeast...

May 25, 2012, 10:28 AM

locagtions such as ATL or maybe even New Orleans.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

An ACC Title game will NEVER be filled when the ACC

May 25, 2012, 10:33 AM

is relegated to D-1AA status.

I'd rather Clemson play in front of a half filled stadium in Texas for the rights to win a conferrence that can compete for a NC rather than a full stadim in Charlotte where the stakes are nothing more than ACC bragging rights.

^ Point!***

May 25, 2012, 11:08 AM

May 25, 2012, 11:15 AM

You don't have to worry about facing Texas in the championship game very often. More often than not, its Oklahoma you have to worry about. They do have 7 Big 12 titles far more than Texas who has 2.

As for where it is, there has been discussion about rotating it again. THe only reason it was moved to Dallas permanently was because Dallas made the most money for the conference. It made more than Arrowhead in KC did. Likewise, the basketball tournament in KC made more than it did in OKC or Dallas (due to the close proximity of KU, KSU, ISU and MU to KC).

The conference will look at any option that will bring in a lot of revenue to the conference.

Replies: 25
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic