Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
horrific news, prayers needed for the family my coworker.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 47
| visibility 1

horrific news, prayers needed for the family my coworker.

Feb 16, 2017, 1:37 PM

please give your prayers to my coworker, Renee Johnson and her family.

Since Saturday, her niece, 9 years old, committed suicide by hanging because of bullying at her school. Then, when the child's father, Renee's brother, found out he had a heart attack and passed on to the Lord as well (literally dying of a broken heart). If that wasn't enough, Renee's mother, the child's grandmother, also took her own life out of grief just today.

Thumbs are not need for this post, please everyone say a prayer and talk to your kids about bullying and encourage them to come forward with any issues they are dealing with. Bless all of you and be sure to tell the people that you love that you love them.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: horrific news, prayers needed for the family my coworker.

Feb 16, 2017, 1:42 PM

I am deeply saddened to hear that. I will be praying for your family and Reneé. I'm dealing with tragedy in my family as well as my uncle fell off of a roof and broke his top three vertebrae in his neck, dying in ICU yesterday.

Feb 16, 2017, 1:43 PM

Bullying is a real issue in schools today and something that our government needs to address.

Re: prayers sent

Feb 16, 2017, 2:26 PM [ in reply to Re: horrific news, prayers needed for the family my coworker. ]

Nm

Feb 16, 2017, 1:46 PM

this is all very tragic - both posts. sorry to hear this news and thoughts with both families.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

Feb 16, 2017, 1:48 PM

That is just horrible news. The bullies need to be held accountable.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 16, 2017, 1:49 PM

they absolutely do

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

Feb 16, 2017, 3:11 PM [ in reply to Re: horrific news, prayers needed for the family my coworker. ]

hopefully bullying will cease to exist as it is today.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 16, 2017, 1:51 PM

That is gut-wrenching and sad to hear something like that happen...Thoughts and Prayers go out to the entire family

Prayers for this family and may God hold them close in this

Feb 16, 2017, 1:54 PM

trying time.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Feb 16, 2017, 1:54 PM

I lost my brother in January to suicide my prayers will be with you this is a hard time for all involved

Feb 16, 2017, 2:06 PM

Prayers for all.

Feb 16, 2017, 2:24 PM

So sorry to hear that tragic news. My daughter works for the South Carolina Children's Theatre in Greenville. They have been visiting elementary and middle schools in the upstate and teaching the children about "bullying", how to recognize it, report it and to not allow it to happen to their classmates. Still a lot of work to be done but at least an effort is being made and has been received well so far!

Deepest sympathies to all concerned.

Feb 16, 2017, 2:19 PM

Absolutely heartbreaking. Makes you wonder what is wrong with this world when people would treat other human beings so badly that it could drive them to this point.

Prayers for all.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Feb 16, 2017, 2:24 PM

That's extremely sad to hear and upsetting because it stems from bullying, which I've always hated. Parents please talk to your kids and find out what goes on at school. Mine know that if they have a problem, I'm getting involved. If you're a parent of a bully then you should be ashamed of yourself and know that I have a bone to pick with you...

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 16, 2017, 2:26 PM

Prayers sent to the family and all involved

Feb 16, 2017, 2:29 PM

So sorry to hear, how tragic that it spiraled like that. I'm mad and sad and confused. Some days, I just don't understand how humanity got to this point. What a shame. Condolences sent.

people dismiss bullying like this too often

Feb 16, 2017, 2:33 PM

Like "oh cmon who remembers bullying from when they were 9 when they get older. They will grow out of it". But they fail to put themselves into the 9 year olds shoes. That's their reality, all they know is bullying. They are not an adult and can't have a big perspective about it. People need to realize how serious it can be.

Maybe this girl never said anything about it so it was impossible to know, but if you ever hear anything like this from a child, never take it lightly or dismiss it

Feb 16, 2017, 2:38 PM

One cannot imagine the grief and pain that friends and family are suffering.
I have sent prayers and will continue to. I will also thank The Lord for my many blessings.
Words nor thoughts can express what these folks must be going through at this time.
Bless them Father for there can be no understanding at this point.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Horrifying.

Feb 16, 2017, 2:39 PM

All I can do is pray.

"Stalwart universities—Harvard, Princeton, Yale—most certainly offer status. The Citadel offers character. "

Feb 16, 2017, 2:43 PM

I'm so sorry. Such a tragedy.

Great googly moogly...Major Condolences to that family***

Feb 16, 2017, 2:47 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Prayers sent***

Feb 16, 2017, 2:48 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Done***

Feb 16, 2017, 3:10 PM

Feb 16, 2017, 3:11 PM

Done!! :(

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Done***

Feb 16, 2017, 3:12 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Feb 16, 2017, 3:22 PM

Prayers for all. So sad.

Speechless ...

Feb 16, 2017, 3:32 PM

When. 9 year old child takes their own life because of bullying, society is in big trouble. And when the dominos fall as they often do in a tragedy it compounds the problem. It tears at your soul and it's so hard to place blame or see an answer. Where has kindness and human compassion gone? And before any knee-jerk answers, this did NOT begin last November.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wow. Done.***

Feb 16, 2017, 3:39 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

'I Cannot Sanction Your Buffoonery'

Thank you for all of your support and kind words.

Feb 16, 2017, 3:42 PM

I will make sure Renee knows that ya'll offered up your support for her and her family. This has shaken our company up and reminds us of how important we are to each other.

As painful as this is for Renee's family, I'm sure the kids and families on the other side of this are also suffering greatly.

I should have also asked for prayers for the kids who bullied her, and their families. We can all be mean to each other throughout our lives but it really never manifests itself right in our faces; that our words and our actions had such an effect on another person as to make them take their own life. I'm sure these children did not understand what they were doing and did not intend for this to happen.

I hope that somehow, some form of good can come out of this ######, ####### mess.

Prayers sent!**

Feb 16, 2017, 5:12 PM

nm

Feb 16, 2017, 5:19 PM

Prayers for this family

Done***

Feb 16, 2017, 5:22 PM

Prayers for all of the family, and peace as well.***

Feb 16, 2017, 6:07 PM

Feb 16, 2017, 6:26 PM

Prayers going up for this family in this tragic turn of events. My daughter also attempted to take her life also due to bullying. She took 24 zquill tablets. We found her just in time. The Lord blessed us. May his hands be on this family also.

Feb 16, 2017, 6:38 PM

That is sobering. Will be praying for them. Are there any siblings or family left behind that will need help?

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Done.***

Feb 16, 2017, 6:56 PM

Prayers sent.***

Feb 16, 2017, 7:09 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 16, 2017, 7:15 PM

Wry tragic I'll pray for everyone involved

Feb 16, 2017, 7:29 PM

This whole set of outcomes are so tragic! Bullying is never something which can be ignored. Please convey to Renee my deepest sympathy.

Feb 16, 2017, 8:18 PM

This is so tragic. Who is the family? I'd like to help them out. TIA

It's ashamed that something like this isn't covered by the national media.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Good grief! Prayers for sure***

Feb 16, 2017, 8:32 PM

Re: Good grief! Prayers for sure***

Feb 16, 2017, 9:30 PM

As a father of a 9 year old, I can only imagine their grief. I have thought about this story all day and can only hope that the lord is holding the family here and in heaven close to his side. Prayer sent.

Feb 16, 2017, 9:40 PM

This situation is extremely tragic. I have dealt with multiple suicides in my own family. Will pray for all involved.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 16, 2017, 10:28 PM

Praying for Renee and her family. So sad.

Feb 17, 2017, 12:20 AM

This is probably going to fall under one of the times I just should have said nothing and just shut up. Prayers have been sent for this family but I feel like this is a good time to remind people that suicide is never the answer. Bullies range from abused kids,kids not understanding how to express affection yet (I've teased many a girl I've had crushes on, sometimes relentlessly, even married one) to total pyschos. However it is still not fair to blame someone for a mistake someone else made. We can't kill people because they bullied us and we can't kill ourselves because we are bullied. I now this isn't helpful for this family so please don't pass it on but we must watch for signs of bullying, be proactive and helpful, don't make it someone else's job to help a child if you can, and then final line is that we must remind people that suicide is not the answer. Again prayers to this family during their tragedy.

Feb 17, 2017, 1:32 AM

Nothing wrong with anything you said imo. In fact i think well spoken and clearly you are trying to be helpful.

Again, if anyone can let me know who it is I would like to help the immediate family. Mom, other kids etc. if preferred, we can set it up offline. tia

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Done. How horrible.***

Feb 17, 2017, 10:03 AM

Replies: 47
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic