Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I have a quick question for anyone who knows something about
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 22
| visibility 1

I have a quick question for anyone who knows something about

Feb 24, 2014, 7:07 PM

the human body. Today I shot a 12 gauge shotgun for the first time and now my shoulder is bruished, swollen, and has a big knot between my shoulder and collar bone and it hurts when I move it. Does anyone know or think they know what it is?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Deep muscle bruise. Ice it.

Feb 24, 2014, 7:08 PM

Nm

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Tiger/Terrier

Re: I have a quick question for anyone who knows something about

Feb 24, 2014, 7:11 PM

If you shot magnum turkey loads more than a couple of times, I would say that is pretty normal. Those things will bring tears to your eyes when you are practicing.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 24, 2014, 7:17 PM

I don't think it was that type of bullet but I shot it twice and it kicked my butt

You didn't have it held solidly to your shoulder...

Feb 24, 2014, 10:28 PM

...and it probably "slammed" you. Hold it more tightly to you next time.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 25, 2014, 7:58 AM [ in reply to Re: I have a quick question for anyone who knows something about ]

Bullet?

Sounds a little something like what happened to me

Feb 24, 2014, 7:17 PM

during a backyard football game, I thought for sure it was dislocated or something more than a bruise, I had it X-Rayed and they just said it was a "severe bruise"

I'd say you have a case of sell me your shotgun cheap before you hurt yourself!

Feb 24, 2014, 7:20 PM

J/k I agree with those above and add that the bruise may appear to spread. On another serious note there are some techniques you can employ next time to prevent this. Proper stock placement, cheek weld, isometric tension, and ensuringvthat the butt fits tight against the shoulder...not collar-bone.

Re: I'd say you have a case of sell me your shotgun cheap before you hurt yourself!

Feb 24, 2014, 7:32 PM

I had the stock thing placed against my shoulder in the right place. My cousin showed me how to hold it because he knows his guns but do you think that when I pulled the trigger and it fired, it slid a bit over because of the recoil and possibly hurt my shoulder?

Feb 24, 2014, 7:34 PM

Sounds like a serious case of vagititis to me.

unless you get it xrayed and/or mri you won't know if it really is hurt for a few days.

Feb 24, 2014, 7:48 PM

I wouldn't waste time with all that unless it hurts now as much as it did right when you shot it.

Re: unless you get it xrayed and/or mri you won't know if it really is hurt for a few days.

Feb 24, 2014, 8:39 PM

Remember to always, when possible, hold the stock of the gun tight against your shoulder. Not on a bone but on the fleshy part.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

hold the stock firm to your shoulder to prevent it

Feb 24, 2014, 8:54 PM

from happening again, It probably is bruised.give it a couple of days

Re: hold the stock firm to your shoulder to prevent it

Feb 24, 2014, 9:55 PM

Next time hold it in your crotch.

Feb 24, 2014, 10:03 PM

sounds like a hematoma.you may have caused a small blood vessel to rupture,and blood has leaked out into the surrounding tissue.they are sore and annoying,but generally not serious,though getting it looked at is not a bad idea.i had a similar experience with my first 12 gauge.after that i got a vest with padding where the stock fit into my shoulder.you can also get a cushion that fits against the end of the stock.both work pretty well.you might also want to seek the advice of our beloved vp,joe biden.he seems to be quite knowledgeable about the use of shotguns.check out his video about women and self protection with a 12 gauge.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Change your tampon

Feb 24, 2014, 10:04 PM

I kid...I kid. ;)

Joe Biden says it's nothing.***

Feb 24, 2014, 10:32 PM

Let me know if you need future instruction on how to shoot.***

Feb 24, 2014, 10:35 PM

Feb 25, 2014, 1:49 AM

Yes, its called you didn't hold the shot gun right and tight. And it mule kicked the living chit out of you. And who ever didn't teach you the proper way to hold and fire the shot gun, you should fire their A$S up with a mule kick in the mouth....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Most 12g shotguns kick like a mule....

Feb 25, 2014, 8:14 AM

The best advice is to keep the gun tighter into your shoulder and use a good quality recoil pad.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: Most 12g shotguns kick like a mule....

Feb 25, 2014, 8:29 AM

All of the 12 Gage or any Gage shot guns are designed not to cause that kind of harm if used properly. And all of them will give you some kick. But as many have already said here, if held properly, they don't cause that type of damage to the arm or shoulder. I know what happen with Grimm, and most commenting knows what happen. It was suppose to kick him like it did as a prank, and an uncool one at that. And all for the laugh!!!

Feb 25, 2014, 8:22 AM

I don`t think U had the gun stock properly placed and it was not tight against your shoulder. the stock should be tight against your shoulder before U fire the gun.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whoever shot it before you forgot to reset the shock absorb

Feb 25, 2014, 10:07 AM

mechanism. Shooters call it the shock. As for your shoulder, you've got the aids.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 22
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic