Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
For those who think some great revolutionary victory was won
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 45
| visibility 1

For those who think some great revolutionary victory was won

Oct 8, 2018, 6:24 PM

And that somehow this has heralded in some sudden football team of judges that will force-feed a right wing agenda on America to your liking...

Well, it's happened before (see article below). And things can be done to keep an out-of-control court that goes against the will of the people in check. Those checks and balances, yo.

This country is moving more and more left. I know, I know. The right wing on this board doesn't want to believe it because they're surrounded mainly by conservative voices in their world, mainly in SC. They'll point to Congress and the election of Trump.

Congress turned red in the basic cycle of power changes that has happened every year. Trump didn't win the popular vote against a garbage Dem candidate. Don't let those details change the fact that America continues to trend left, especially as the Boomers fade and the millennials and Gen Z rise.

Personally, I don't think this court is going to do all the things all our resident Trumpies are celebrating. Abortion ain't going away. Sorry, folks.

But if our nation takes a hard left in Congress and the White House while a conservative court tries to legislate from the bench (remember how right wingers used to hate that idea?), well, we've seen drastic steps taken before.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/10/08/opinion/kavanaugh-supreme-court-conservative.html

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

You are the meme master. - RPMcMurphy®

Trump is not a phony. - RememberTheDanny

*that has happened every four years.***

Oct 8, 2018, 6:26 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

Keep talking to yourself, Cata

Oct 8, 2018, 6:30 PM

Most of us have moved on.....

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm sorry...

Oct 8, 2018, 6:32 PM

I forgot to add that this post was for advanced users. There are some Clemson88 posts below that will be more your speed.

Ok, I’ll bite and give you $0.02

Oct 8, 2018, 6:42 PM

The leftists are the ones who made a big deal about this, not conservatives. And they continue, just like your OP.
Kavanaugh was never a controversial nominee; his record on the bench proves that. Most reasonable conservatives, me included, have no expectation that abortion, LBGQT rights, etc will be reversed. Sure, some do, but not most.
Now get over yourself and don’t ever underestimate the intellect of people you have no knowledge of....

Meant to leave a ????***

Oct 8, 2018, 6:57 PM

Re: Ok, I’ll bite and give you $0.02

Oct 8, 2018, 7:12 PM [ in reply to Ok, I’ll bite and give you $0.02 ]

My post wasn't a discussion about Kavanaugh, his qualifications, or his character. It's about those who think they won some kind of magical prize this weekend. They didn't.

He was certainly controversial after Ford

Oct 8, 2018, 7:50 PM [ in reply to Ok, I’ll bite and give you $0.02 ]

came forward.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

as was planned

Oct 9, 2018, 9:21 AM

she didnt know when, where, what time.
She listed 4 people who could back her up, and none did.

She came off sympathetic but this had zero legs and shouldve been shut down 2 days later.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Exactly.***

Oct 8, 2018, 10:38 PM [ in reply to Ok, I’ll bite and give you $0.02 ]

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

McConnell thought him controversial before Trump picked him***

Oct 8, 2018, 11:43 PM [ in reply to Ok, I’ll bite and give you $0.02 ]

sure

Oct 8, 2018, 6:32 PM

abortion is not going away, but neither is Citizens United with this court now either.

and Kavanaugh is pretty predictable in his rulings. He always sides with corporate power.

this absolutely should have been the one single issue to galvanize the left in the last election, but dems dropped the ball in their messaging before the general election.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I agree Cept the corporate thing

Oct 8, 2018, 6:44 PM

Not sure where you get that...

his rulings as a circuit court judge are freely available

Oct 8, 2018, 7:19 PM

does your google have broke?

Re: his rulings as a circuit court judge are freely available

Oct 9, 2018, 5:34 AM

Why don’t you honor the will of the people and be gone from this place. That was supposed to take place two years ago. How about having some self respect and go back to the amphitheater with the other knuckle dragging water heads.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 9, 2018, 8:12 AM

because I enjoy your company far too much pawterski. I would miss you.

Oct 10, 2018, 11:12 PM [ in reply to Re: his rulings as a circuit court judge are freely available ]

You, sir, are not being nice. As well as being wrong.
The Trumpies are a small minority, that will soon shrink further, due to the failing economy that is on its way. (Later to be known as TheRump Worldwide Depression.) That idiot thinks he's playing poker and holding all of the aces; but he convinced himself he was the greatest and if he says jacks are aces, then (in his brain) jacks are aces.
The rest of the world and most americans realize he's an idiot. And most people can see the imperor has no clothes.
Last month, the US had the worst trade deficit in history. Brought to you by TheRump.
Be sure to thank him when unemployment is worse than 2008/2009.
Every GOP president in the last 20 years has ruined the economy by catering to the rich. But, it is sad how most people don't learn.

Here ya go. Pretty fascinating article. Read it.

Oct 8, 2018, 7:46 PM [ in reply to I agree Cept the corporate thing ]

Kavanaugh's ruling in Emily's List vs. FEC preceded Citizens United. Unlimited contributions to super PACs, which your own hero called dangerous and corrupt during the election. It won't be changing anytime soon. Democracy has always been for sale. We just gave up pretending anymore.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/brett-kavanaugh-the-man-who-created-the-super-pac/2018/08/20/e6c0763c-a241-11e8-b562-1db4209bd992_story.html?noredirect=on&utm_term=.430a984c2e5b

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: For those who think some great revolutionary victory was won

Oct 8, 2018, 7:24 PM

The Supreme Court isn't that partisan anyway. Not everything they issue opinions on is split down the middle. Kavanaugh is a middle of the road nominee,.

Oct 8, 2018, 7:25 PM

who just always happens to rule in favor of power

I could certainly see abortion going away in the

Oct 8, 2018, 7:49 PM

Deep South states, Texas, Indiana, and some of the Mountain States.

If a state outlaws it, the SC only has to uphold the ban, thus reversing Roe V. Wade. Poor women would then have to catch a greyhound or Amtrak to a state where abortion is legal.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Agree.

Oct 9, 2018, 8:16 AM

They could decide federal funding of abortion clinics, doctors and staff is unconstitutional on the basis of spending taxes paid by many people violates their freedom of religion.

I don't believe in legislating morality. Neither do I believe in legislating the empowerment of evil over my money. That's my religious view. It can be argued whether I'm right or wrong, stupid or moronically narrow minded but that argument should be taken up with the constitution which empowers me the freedom to believe in whatever God I wish and how ever I believe he directs me.

I really don't expect much from this SCOTUS.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Back to your original point....

Oct 8, 2018, 8:32 PM

No one in my group of conservative or liberal, of which there is a pretty even balance, family and friends thinks this is some "heralded in some sudden football team of judges that will force-feed a right wing agenda". NO ONE.

Maybe I'm just lucky to be surrounded with level-headed people...

No, that's typical of my family, friends, co-workers,

Oct 8, 2018, 10:38 PM

customers, etc., as well.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

This may come as a shock...

Oct 8, 2018, 11:35 PM

But I wasn't talking to them.

Not on this board, you ain't.***

Oct 8, 2018, 11:34 PM [ in reply to Re: Back to your original point.... ]

Re: I think you're assuming a vocal minority.....

Oct 9, 2018, 8:18 AM

is the board. Much like what you see at rallies and protests, they are but a small minority of the populace, quite vocal but also quite small. I suspect the same thing is true on this board, but I could be wrong. Based on number of logins/users vs. partisan posters I suspect not.

Re: I think you're assuming a vocal minority.....

Oct 9, 2018, 9:03 AM

I wasn't insinuating there was some majority that felt this way. My post was directed at those on here who think they've won some kind of prize. Like you, I do feel that is a minority.

This was just gonna be an ordinary confirmation until

Oct 8, 2018, 9:23 PM

Yall went batshit crazy. Thanks for energizing our base again

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So, when someone comes forward and claims attempted rape,

Oct 8, 2018, 9:41 PM

you just blow it off?

Re: No, you report IMMEDIATELY***

Oct 8, 2018, 9:49 PM

...and fully cooperate with investigators with openness...

Oct 11, 2018, 8:14 AM

so the facts can be gathered with expediency. You don't drag around as if you're covering something up.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No, y'all played politics and held it

Oct 8, 2018, 9:51 PM [ in reply to So, when someone comes forward and claims attempted rape, ]

Til the last second and then went against her wishes and leaked it. And then moved the goalposts every day. And then threw in vrazy allegations left and right. So ya, that is batshit crazy. Not to mention your insane protestors.

It would have been just as crazy if released immediately

Oct 8, 2018, 10:01 PM

and you’d still be posting about how crazy the confirmation process was.

It could have been investigated confidentially...

Oct 8, 2018, 10:56 PM

to see if it could be corroborated without exposing both parties.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ford knew how this would play out and it played out with...

Oct 11, 2018, 8:18 AM [ in reply to No, y'all played politics and held it ]

great coordination between her and the dems on the JOC. All that chit about doing Ford wrong by leaking her letter then leaking her name was total horsechit by the pubs who don't have the nuts to call it what it is.

I believe they are still investigating every possible angle of this and it wouldn't surprise me if they didn't go after some of the people who orchestrated this farce.

You're way off with your assumptions.***

Oct 8, 2018, 10:26 PM

- H. L. Mencken

Re: You're way off with your assumptions.***

Oct 8, 2018, 11:36 PM

Hate to burst your bubble

Oct 9, 2018, 7:15 AM

But the people elected Donald Trump. The people are very resilient in spotting BS. Much more than liberals and the media give them credit for.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Hate to burst your bubble

Oct 9, 2018, 7:55 AM

But the people elected Donald Trump.

Oh, Lawd, Tiggity, you're smarter than this. Only 58 percent of eligible voters voted in 2016, and of them, Trump didn't even win the majority. He won the election fair and square based on the rules, but don't pretend he was some great mandate of the American people. Many stayed home because they were disgusted by the horrible choice.

Only a fool thinks any inkling of a majority of our country wanted Trump or Clinton as president.

Most Americans do not like him and you'll see those results in the next few years.

Re: Hate to burst your bubble

Oct 9, 2018, 8:13 AM

well, the majority of voters did want Clinton.

Let us do this one thing at a time.

Oct 9, 2018, 8:05 AM

You know how simplistic my thought process is so take it easy on me.

The premise of the article is wrong. Just under the big bold headline is the qualifying statement, "If it (SCOTUS) swings too far to the right, expect a response."

Two issue standout to me. The right only wants the scotus out of the legislating business. We got exactly what we want. The scotus might fine tune the previous legislating done by the bench to protect religious freedoms but this court won't be usurping the power of congress to make law, it wil be searching the constitution and doing periodical adjustments to ensure equal rights.

The other issue I condense into one question for my simple brain. What an idiot it takes to compare the desperation of the great depression to a time of great economic growth, prosperity, historic low unemployment, positive consumer and business confidence. I know, that's not a question.

Re: Let us do this one thing at a time.

Oct 9, 2018, 9:02 AM

I stopped here:

The right only wants the scotus out of the legislating business.

Absolutely not true. Extremists on either side want an authoritative body to mandate their personal beliefs. They think this court has the power to overturn Roe v. Wade and possibly gay marriage rights, and they welcome the court to do so.

They want legislation from this court and will welcome it. That's why they're celebrating.

Then I'm not part of the far right.

Oct 9, 2018, 9:22 AM

I think, and have always said from the beginning of posting here forever, that the government should have no power over who marries whom. It's a man's or woman's religious right to deal with God anyway they please. Whether they choose to honor Him or deny He exist it is not given to the government by the constitution to govern the human relationship with God.

I do not believe in legislating morality though I know that in order to maintain a civilized population we must have laws which limit behavior which can harm our citizenry. I'm glad I don't have to make those laws. I might legalize pot, coke, heroin and about anything that might cause harm.

As I said, this court might decide it's my religious right to not contribute to abortions by paying taxes. I'd be happy if they solved that either way. Stop taxing those of us who believe we are violating the law of our God(s) by the government spending out tax money to fund abortions or stop funding abortions.

Imo, there's plenty of rich folks who will make sure abortions are free to those who need help. If they want to assist in murder that's their choice. I'm thinking hollywood.

Oct 11, 2018, 8:24 AM

If Hillbag had won Merrick Garland would have been picked for the SCOTUS and republicans would not have made a peep.

The Left better pray RBG stays healthy.***

Oct 11, 2018, 9:07 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 45
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic