Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
2013-2014 Basketball starting line-up
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 28
| visibility 1

2013-2014 Basketball starting line-up

Mar 15, 2013, 11:20 AM

C. Landry Nnoko
F. K.J. McDanials
G. Rod Hall
PG. Jordan Roper
SF. Jaron Blossomgame

Anybody Object?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: 2013-2014 Basketball starting line-up

Mar 15, 2013, 11:21 AM

We're gonna get killed in the low post

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

c: Nnoko
F: KJ
SF: Blossomgame
G: Colemen
SG: Roper

and that lineup will win us maybe 12-14 games tops.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 15, 2013, 11:26 AM

c: Nnoko
F: KJ
SF: Blossomgame
G: Hall
SG: Rooks

Mar 15, 2013, 12:12 PM [ in reply to Re: 2013-2014 Basketball starting line-up ]

Filer-PG
Coleman,Roper or Rooks-SG
KJ-SF
Sullivan-F
Knoko-F

I believe we will bring in another forward or center. Watch out for Ajukwa. He will be a good one and he has better handle than KJ.

anybody care- would be a better question

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Don't see Hall starting.

his not being a shooting threat on the perimeter and inability to finish at the rim really hurts our offense.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

he's the player to phase out of the program

Mar 15, 2013, 11:28 AM

and open up a scholarship.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ouch!

Mar 15, 2013, 11:32 AM

you may be right, but I don't think Coach B will do it and he may have value from a defensive standpoint off the bench.

Course, those kinds of decisions will depend upon what RA tells him about his expectations for next year. He may feel a ton of pressure coming out of that meeting.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

not trying to be ugly to the guy...we're in a situation

Mar 15, 2013, 11:37 AM

where we don't have any seniors graduating so we need open rosters spots.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

then I guess the question becomes - can Coach Brownell

Mar 15, 2013, 11:58 AM

use that scholarship to make us better NEXT year? Given his recruiting to this point, and the lack of prospect interest/inability to close, not so sure he can.

Re: he's the player to phase out of the program

Mar 15, 2013, 11:39 AM [ in reply to he's the player to phase out of the program ]

Yea but Brownell started him all season so obviously Brownell sees something in him.

that may have more to do with what options he had.

Mar 15, 2013, 11:41 AM

He may feel he has more options next year than he had this year with the experience his freshmen gained and Rooks coming in.

exactly....he had to play what he had this year***

Mar 15, 2013, 11:43 AM

Re: that may have more to do with what options he had.

Mar 15, 2013, 11:44 AM [ in reply to that may have more to do with what options he had. ]

I sure hope so, but imo Filer is a better PG, finishes at the basket better than Hall and actually shoots the ball.

agree.***

Mar 15, 2013, 11:47 AM

Re: Don't see Hall starting.

Mar 15, 2013, 11:28 AM [ in reply to Don't see Hall starting. ]

I see him starting but wak to realize it is only a bad dream. How can you spend two years in college ball band never develop a jump shot

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Roper isn't a PG

He's an SG especially with his frame. Filer is going to have to be the PG.

Mar 15, 2013, 11:30 AM

Roper is not a PG he is a SG.

Filer is our future at PG and needs to start there.

Rod Hall on the bench.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Mar 15, 2013, 11:37 AM

C:Nnoko
PF: KJ/Blossomgame
SF: Coleman
SG: Roper
PG: Filer

We have no size at all other than Nnoko.
Hoping that Coleman picks up where he left off last season and that Blossomgame becomes good scorer.
Praying that KJ doesn't get injured.

Mar 15, 2013, 11:47 AM

Devin is a 6'2" SG not a SF.

Mar 15, 2013, 11:53 AM

He would have to beat out roper for that spot, which I don't see happening considering that roper is the best shot on the team. I would much rather have him on the court as a SF than on the bench.

Mar 15, 2013, 11:46 AM

C: Nnoko
PF: KJ McDaniels
SF: Jaron Blossomgame
SG: Devin Coleman
PG: Adonis Filer

There will be pressure to push Blossomgame into the starting lineup to add size and some semblance of rebounding ability.

You left off Tony Steward and Lateek Townsend.***

Mar 15, 2013, 11:49 AM

Mar 15, 2013, 11:50 AM

C: Landry Nnoko
PF: Bernard Sullivan
SF: KJ McDaniels
SG: Jordan Roper
PG: Adonis Filer

That's if you're going with a traditional lineup and I'm hopeful Bernard will begin to live up to his billing.

I wouldn't mind seeing a 3 guard lineup of Filer, Roper, Coleman/Rooks or a smaller lineup with McDaniels and Blossomgame at the forward positions.

Hall.

Mar 15, 2013, 1:43 PM

Sorry, but he has to go. I love his work ethic and common sense and control, but he's no shooter or scorer by ANY stretch of the imagination, just a ball distributor for a slow tempo team. And that' not going to do it for us.

Here is what I see....***

Mar 15, 2013, 1:52 PM

Here is what I see.....

Mar 15, 2013, 2:03 PM

PG- Filer and Hall splitting duties, unless Roper gets further training here.
SG- Roper and Coleman, with Rooks getting a look. Coleman would also play in 3 guard sets.
SF- KJ...with Coleman coming in for 3 guard sets and Blossomgame splitting time at 3 and 4. The other freshman also gets time here.
PF- Sullivan and Blossomgame splitting duties....basically we'll be playing with 2 SF.
C- Nnoko...with Smith coming in to get the obligatory fouls and rebounds.

Harrison goes on mission, I assume. I think we have plenty of decent players and with Coleman and Blossomgame contributing, that will help. I assume all the guards will improve. But we need one more post player who can play immediately that is taller than 6'8. FSU killed us down low last night.
I do think they will put us either next to last or last in the preseason next year. Nowhere to go but up.

Pretty close to how I see it

Mar 15, 2013, 2:44 PM

PG-Filer is the guy we really need to take the kind of steps KJ did from his freshman to sophomore year. I see Roper getting a lot of work here in the off season, but he's still more of a combo guard. Hall is just so limited offensively he has to be a bench player

2G-I think Coleman wins this spot if he's fully recovered. Rooks plays a lot from day 1 because he's an elite shooter. Roper gets time here in 3 guard sets

SF-KJ is the leader net year. Blossomgame I feel will have to play more 4 than 3, but will get some time here. Ajukwa has offensive skills but is raw

PF-Sullivan is the logical choice but he's shown very little his first 2 years. he has skills, but he sure doesn't play big. Blossomgame I think starts here. He'll be undersized but we'll have an extremely athletic guy who can create mis-matches on the offensive end. Also allow us to press and trap more. Need a signee here as you stated

C-Nnoko is the default option. Will be really interesting to see how much progress he can make skill and knowledge wise this off season. He's clearly raw but his athleticsim and size are intriguing. We don't need him to be a big scorer, but he'll have to play good D and rebound. Smith is your basic bench banger as you stated

I'm not as pessimistic as many, but that's just my nature. If Filer can take over the PG position and mature in his decisions, I think we'll surprise some folks. We have to have solid PG play as we'll be far more perimeter oriented

Replies: 28
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic