Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
HERE'S why we lost to the Coots...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 44
| visibility 1

HERE'S why we lost to the Coots...

Dec 29, 2012, 5:10 PM

Watch this video. Flame me all you want, but this is the true story behind their 4 consecutive wins against us.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pEpn77u8CZU

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

a five minute workout video clip proves nothing….

Dec 29, 2012, 5:17 PM

you have zero insight into S&C, and you have zero insight of either Clemson's or SCU's S&C programs.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: a five minute workout video clip proves nothing….

Dec 29, 2012, 5:23 PM

Wrong. I've had the luxury of touring both facilities. I was on field level before the game, and if you don't think there's a difference between the two programs S&C wise, then you're fooling yourself. Keep drinking the Kool-Aid while they rack up wins against us.

Dec 29, 2012, 6:11 PM

Make some points then, what did you see scar do in their work outs that clemson didn't do? Be specific, don't look up a YouTube video and think you solved a problem. Since you take tours of the facilities, which anyone can do that shows up, tell me what you see in this video that clemson doesn't do. What's the difference that you see since I'm fooling myself

Lol you've toured the facilities and was field level before

Jan 1, 2013, 5:23 AM [ in reply to Re: a five minute workout video clip proves nothing…. ]

the game. What great credentials on being a S&C expert. Do you mind if I refer you to one of my lawyer friends who mind need such an expert at a trial? Your stellar insight would be invaluable!

Dec 29, 2012, 5:23 PM [ in reply to a five minute workout video clip proves nothing…. ]

The past 4 yrs of their lines pushing ours around tells me everything I need to know about our S&C program compared to theirs. Us being pushed around by Wofford b/c their Dline "slants and stunts" every play tells me we aren't where we need to be.

Dec 29, 2012, 7:20 PM [ in reply to a five minute workout video clip proves nothing…. ]

Clemson's S&C program sucks and I do have some insight from former video guys who are around the program a lot under his tenure.

Its been over a decade and we are still charmin soft.

here's the true story…..

Dec 29, 2012, 5:20 PM

- in 2009 we overlooked them, because we finally made it to the acc championship game
- in 2010 they were better than us
- in 2011 terrible defense from Kevin Steele, Chad Morris abandoned the running game in the 2nd half
- in 2012 Chad Morris abandoned the running game after the 1st qtr, even though we ran all over SCU in the 1st qtr

That's the true story right there.

Re: here's the true story…..

Dec 29, 2012, 5:25 PM

Sure, that is the true story. Haha, keep telling yourself that. We have lost b/c their Oline and Dline is light years ahead of ours. That is the true story.

gratz to them managing 3yds/carry. that's scary.***

Dec 29, 2012, 5:30 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: gratz to them managing 3yds/carry. that's scary.***

Dec 29, 2012, 7:51 PM

And they still won in Death Valley by 10.

Dec 29, 2012, 11:31 PM [ in reply to here's the true story….. ]

Y'all did not abandon the running game this time. Not in the first quarter, not in the second, not in the third, and not in the fourth.

Dec 30, 2012, 10:29 AM

I think maybe they did but its not as if there was no reason to. We started creeping holloman up into the box. In the chess match between coordinators if you see that then you try to take advantage of the loaded box by passing. Especially when you have clemsons passing game. I think in this case though, morris outsmarted himself. Just because we load the box doesnt mean you cant run. The run game was working so well that I think they should have made us stop it. Even after we loaded the box. Offensive coordinators are just so used to looking at formations and matchups that when morris saw the spur creep up his gut instinct is to adjust. Think he played too much chess with that one.

Re: HERE'S why we lost to the Coots...

Dec 29, 2012, 5:22 PM

And compare it to this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cXzE-XTESFk.

No competition with us, no big dueling or aggression. Just backs coming off the bench on bench press and slow, controlled workouts. No explosion or fire or meanness. That is why we are considered soft and play soft. You can't practice for two weeks to be tough, it comes in the off season. Batson needs to go. Now everyone proceed to bashing me and calling me a coot.

Did USuCK not physically dominate us? Geuss I was at the

Dec 29, 2012, 5:25 PM

wrong game.

Re: Did USuCK not physically dominate us? Geuss I was at the

Dec 29, 2012, 5:27 PM

They have the last 4 years and will continue to do so at this rate. The bad thing is I don't see an end in sight at the rate we are going compared to them. Everyone thinks it is extremely sexy that we win 10 games against crap teams and then lose to the only top 10 programs we play. The next best team outside of these, Ball State, really?

Dec 30, 2012, 10:53 AM [ in reply to Re: HERE'S why we lost to the Coots... ]

You are exaclty right. There is no comparison between the two video clips. I hope we do more than what I saw on our video. That was lame as it comes. We did at least that when I was in high school in a single A school back in the 80's.

I don't need to watch a video to see what has been painfully

Dec 29, 2012, 5:28 PM

obvious the last four meetings.

Dec 29, 2012, 5:55 PM

So I guess they didn't work out as long,or as hard the week before they played LSU,and Florida.Or maybe FSU worked out longer and harder against us than they did against N.C.State.
I just loves you people who pull these videos off YouTube.

Dec 29, 2012, 6:05 PM

WE LOST CAUSE WE DROPPED THREE INT AND OUR LINE DIDNT GET PUSHED AROUND ONLY JADAVEON CLOWNEY MAKES IT LOOK THAT WAY BUT NO ONE HAS BEEN ABLE TO STOP HIM SINCE 8TH GRADE I MEAN NO ONE SO NO WE ARE NOT GOING TO BE ABLE TO STOP HIM AND HE HAS ALWAYS BEEN STRONGER THAN ANYONE AND WORKS OUT THE LEAST OF ANYONE GOD GIVEN STREANGTH IN HIGH SCHOOL DURING WORK OUTS HE TYPICALLY JUST HUNG OUT WITH EVERYONE TO CUT UP AND HAVE FUN AND WHEN EVERYONE WAS FINISHED HE WOULD GET ON BENCH AND DO MORE THAN EVERONE SO FOR HIM HE HAS HAD IT WAY BEFORE USC TRUST ME

Dec 29, 2012, 7:53 PM

Periods and caps lock dude, or are you just really mad?

Dec 29, 2012, 8:18 PM [ in reply to Re: HERE'S why we lost to the Coots... ]

STOP YELLING FOR GOSH SAKE!!!!

hit "caps lock" button on left pls***

Dec 30, 2012, 7:22 AM [ in reply to Re: HERE'S why we lost to the Coots... ]

I completely agree.***

Dec 29, 2012, 6:08 PM

Re: I completely agree.***

Dec 29, 2012, 6:55 PM

I think Clemson has lost to South Carolina (in football) because of recruiting.

And that has been a result of South Carolina being willing to partake
in illegal activity and Clemson has had too much turnover in their coaching staff and athletic department. (since the departure of
Tommy Bowden and hiring of Dabo Swinney) This effectively made Clemson it's own worst enemy and South Carolina it's own best friend.

There may be some other issues (as well) but those are the main reasons that I think Clemson has lost 4 in a row to South Carolina in football. That, and purple, the Woo Hoo & the excessive
use/mis-use of orange & the paw.

Re: I completely agree.***

Dec 29, 2012, 7:55 PM

Evidence of illegal recruiting activity? Please share. Whitney? Nope, involved current players. Byrd? Try again, his dad (booster due to contributing to USC many years ago) was in management of the organization and sent players to many different schools.

We are soft from the top down

Dec 29, 2012, 7:18 PM

Dabo has changed things so I have been told and he has done what Bowden couldn't do twice get to the ACCCG and win won BUT this team ,next years team last years team are all SOFT and we have been a soft program for a while

Re: We are soft from the top down

Dec 29, 2012, 8:04 PM

Sc was just better and stronger.

Dec 29, 2012, 8:22 PM

The whole truth right there. Good post. Our defense still sucks though.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dang, I thought I was going to see a video of Clowney eating

Dec 29, 2012, 10:25 PM

#63 BT for lunch!!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Email the video to Dabo***

Dec 30, 2012, 12:03 AM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Who cares

Dec 30, 2012, 12:06 AM

Why do people keep reliving this game? It's just one game. Our d sucks and Morris had an off night play calling. As Forest Gump once said "it happens". Move on people.

I agree especially with Morris being way off. I don't know

Dec 30, 2012, 7:44 AM

what he was thinking that night but we should have had better ball control and much higher scoring. Short screens, runs and then the long passes

what I know

Dec 30, 2012, 9:48 AM

is that three major programs made changes in the past year. Notre Dame , Penn State and Ohio State all exceeded expectations. Clemson has remained in the same rut for all the years that Batson has been strength and conditioning coordinator. The man released at Notre Dame used the same principals as Batson , he was replaced with a man using what is currently the new standard for strength and conditioning.Penn State hired Craig Fitzgerald from South Carolina and Penn State players claimed it was the most physical program they had ever been a part of.Ohio State made a change immediately after Urban Meyer arrived , the new system is once again the new standard for strength and conditioning . These were all sucessfull programs that still made changes because in strength and conditioning new practices are required every year due to technology , research , diet and stagnation with in the program . Joey is a moldy oldy and should have been replaced 8 years ago.

Re: what I know

Dec 30, 2012, 10:15 AM

Our offensive and defensive lines have not been dominant in many years. To get there, they need strength, endurance, technique, and a dominating physical mind-set. We are, and have been, lacking in all areas for too long.

Dec 30, 2012, 10:54 AM

We lost because we didn't run the ball, simple as that.

Dabo and chad wanted quick scores and often and it ended up costing us the game. I would love to RUTS on them as much as anyone but not running the ball lost us the game.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 30, 2012, 11:56 AM

what got us blown out by WV ? why are we losing leads to FSU ? why has Carolina blown us out the last 4 years? Why is this a 10 year trend ? Why do we have the same strength coach for 15 years when everybody else has moved on from his philosophies? Why are we called soft by everyone including our own fans? Why do our guys not lose weight? Why do our guys not gain weight? Why do top recruits never produce? Why are top recruits destroyed in the gym and never see the field? Joey needs to be shown the door and if Dabo isnt willing to do it Dabo needs to be right behind him .

Did ANYONE actually sit.....

Dec 30, 2012, 12:14 PM

all the way through that terrible video?

geez.

So palmettoson, u take strength insight from a guy who

Dec 30, 2012, 2:43 PM

Holds a camera? Bet ur in good shape. I also had some insight on the program in the past year, but not from a friend. I had the opportunity to intern with Clemson football and was able to go to the weight room almost every day. I can tell you, morning lifts and evening, that I saw people with cameras in there twice. And one time it was Don Munson, and I know it's not him bashing the program. Much of the stuff u watched in that video is also done at clemson, but coach Batson is not really the kind of guy to go ask that someone record it. Coach Batson would much rather keep to himself and just go about business. Alot of the agility drills done in that scar video were done in an indoor facility, which helps tremendously. Don't have to worry about tearing up the field that is used for practice every day, which was clemsons case until a few weeks ago when the indoor was finally finished. Coach Batson has forgot more ab strength and conditioning than your friend with the camera will ever know. Coach Batson has adapted to the changes in S&C, but none of you would know that bc Batson doesn't ask a camera to come video every work out they do. Clemson does olympic lifts, power lifts, speed and agility, flexibility, and conditioning on a daily basis. They also have a team nutritionist for whoever said we don't keep up in the new trends of all that BS. Tiger net sucks, all you people do is hide behind a computer and talk smack about stuff you really know nothing about but want to seem smart and sport-savvy.

Nutrisionists wasnt hired until this year , Aramark was and

Dec 30, 2012, 5:31 PM

maybe still be providing all meals . Thats according to Dabo and CUAD so thats probably wrong also . Bottom line Batsons not cutting it regardless of who has seen what Im simply going on results.

Re: Nutrisionists wasnt hired until this year , Aramark was and

Jan 1, 2013, 4:59 AM

Holy crap, so Aramark is responsible for it now? Nutritionist tells them what to eat to reach certain weight goals, they don't personally cook. Bottom line, Batson is cutting it, which is why he was given a pay raise after the orange bowl, courtesy of Dabo and cuad. They hired him and have kept him, which is probably wrong and if they see your opinion I'm sure they will let him go

Dec 30, 2012, 3:21 PM

Call me what you want but I just see a different attitude. Clemson needs more guys who are just mean on the field. I see USC's team and I see guys who want to literally rip someone's head off on the field and I just don't see it on our team.

Some of the guys on our team are just big teddy bears and we will never know if that's how they are on the field or not but I just don't see that "bad dude" as some would say. I'm not saying we need a bunch of Ohio State thugs on our team but our team has looked soft at times and I want to go back to when we would just hit you square in the mouth.

So if that's why we lost and LSU physically dominated

Jan 1, 2013, 5:18 AM

The Coots on both sides of the ball, that must mean we're in big trouble in our bowl game, right? Or maybe you just have zero idea what you're talking about?

I would gladly pay someone to delete this post

Jan 1, 2013, 5:20 AM

so tired of seeing it, what is the point ?

No I have not read the threads, tittle is enough

Re: I would gladly pay someone to delete this post

Jan 1, 2013, 5:50 AM

You should read it, the you tube experts have identified the problem with Clemson football. They watched a video of the coots playing tug of war and lifting weights and ASSumed that's why scar beat clemson. They all go in the weight room, or have friends with video cameras, and have watched Batson work out the team and apparently it didn't meet their expectations of the scar YouTube video

Replies: 44
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic