Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Bad Intentions: Gallman sits in no one's shadow
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 1

New Story: Bad Intentions: Gallman sits in no one's shadow

Jan 7, 2016, 3:20 PM

Bad Intentions: Gallman sits in no one's shadow

Wayne Gallman doesn’t exactly think he runs angry or with bad intentions. But Clemson teammate Ben Boulware might disagree. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

heck, The Wayne Train was recruited in the shadow of

Jan 7, 2016, 3:26 PM

Robert Nkimdeche......and, jmo, all things considered, Clemson far and away got the better of those two signings........

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: heck, The Wayne Train was recruited in the shadow of

Jan 7, 2016, 4:19 PM

We also got Ryan Carter in the shadow of KIM DEE CHEE...WIN, WIN I say

Re: heck, The Wayne Train was recruited in the shadow of

Jan 7, 2016, 7:10 PM [ in reply to heck, The Wayne Train was recruited in the shadow of ]

Absolutely. Not ONLY a better individual performer, but also a more substantial contributor to a better program and national title-caliber team..

We offered Gallman to get Kim Dee She

Jan 7, 2016, 3:32 PM

and we didn't even get her ;)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

in the end - we won.***

Jan 7, 2016, 4:01 PM

Re: in the end - we won.***

Jan 7, 2016, 11:10 PM

And ole miss lost huge!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Maulman ... angry, violent, malicious.***

Jan 7, 2016, 4:04 PM

Re: New Story: Bad Intentions: Gallman sits in no one's shadow

Jan 7, 2016, 4:11 PM

I would love to know THE TRAIN'S yards after contact. Dude is a BEAST. I loved to watch Spiller but when Gallman gets the ball I can not wait to see him lay the lumber on a defender.

I have been trying to think of a player that he runs like and can not really think of one. He runs upright with a high pad level similar to Eric Dickerson did but does not move laterally as well as he did. Also he runs with the determination of Marshawn Lynch without the quick lateral movement. And that spin move he has is one of the best I have seen.

Go Tigers!!!!

Kenny Flowers...

Jan 7, 2016, 4:39 PM

Very similar running style, but Gallman is a more punishing runner.

I hope he has a chip on his shoulder MOnday night because DH is getting all the press.

I don't think anyone can shut down Henry, but if we can limit him like MICHST did (<100 yards) and the front 4 can get some pressure on Coker without having to blitz a lot, I like our chances.

Go Tigers! Roll the Tide.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 7, 2016, 4:57 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Bad Intentions: Gallman sits in no one's shadow ]

Dabo said Eddie George

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 7, 2016, 7:23 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Bad Intentions: Gallman sits in no one's shadow ]

A lighter, less bulky version of Leveon Bell from Pittsburgh. The running doesn't even look effortless, much less does it materialize that way on the field.

It's violent and sometimes erratic and gasp...sometimes even ungraceful. If I didn't hate cliche's, I'd tell that "he's a real bring your lunchpail to work every day kind of guy."

He takes off to the edge one minute and deceives you there with long strides and vision. The next minute he's doing a Barry Sanders impression with spin moves INTO the teeth of the front 7. Lots of stops, cuts, bounces & jumps (and every combination in between) in heavy traffic. The next minute he's laying the thunder on a safety.

Sometimes, there's the multi-pronged approach to getting the job done (run down the right hashmarks against FSU was outstanding).

It's the kind of thing that makes you want to name your kid Wayne.

Jan 8, 2016, 1:55 AM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Bad Intentions: Gallman sits in no one's shadow ]

I too would love to see / have been looking for Gallman's yards-after-contact but to no avail so far.

I did read in an article last week that against Oklahoma he averaged almost 6 yards-per-carry with 112 of his yards AFTER contact (that's an average of 4.3 yards after contact, more than 3 yards per carry better than last year). He was also personally responsible for 10 of Oklahoma's mistackles and 2 of our touchdowns. Love this kid.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2016/01/01/college-oklahoma-clemson-grades/

Gallman is going to clean up and punish Alabama

Jan 7, 2016, 4:18 PM

The perceived giant is going to get bullied. Our offensive coordinators are going to gas them and expose Bama on the big stage. It's going to be great. Brent is going to keep his guys fresh and takeover in the 3rd quarter.

I can't wait to see how they work on the Bama defense.

Go Tigers!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Re: Gallman is going to clean up and punish Alabama

Jan 7, 2016, 4:42 PM

I agree. After watching Clemson in 13 games this year (I missed the game against App. State) I noticed that many of the opposing teams kept it close for 30 minutes, but then the Tigers would blow them out in the second half. I would not be surprised to see the pattern continue Monday night.

I'll say it now...

Jan 7, 2016, 7:46 PM

Most underrated RB in college football.

Re: I'll say it now...

Jan 7, 2016, 11:13 PM

Totally agree, Ziggy!

Anybody that saw him play high school ball knew that he

Jan 7, 2016, 11:24 PM [ in reply to I'll say it now... ]

would be a great college talent. Bull in a china shop.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My best comparison for the Wayne Train would be Eddie

Jan 8, 2016, 7:24 AM

George. He had that upright running style as well, but I think he did ok in that after college league called the NFL. If someone gives him a legitimate shot, Wayne will make it as well. (Just hope he doesn't get stuck in Purgatory like CJ has been.

Jan 8, 2016, 8:49 AM

Where would he rank in your minds about him with the best in Clemson history? I contend if he stays four years, he will be the best.

Jan 8, 2016, 7:48 PM

At Grayson he wasn't even the #1 rb, kamara was and his college career has been a joke!!!

Replies: 20
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic