Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
The nation has really turned on Dabo
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 48
| visibility 1

The nation has really turned on Dabo

Dec 27, 2019, 11:33 AM

I’m seeing nothing but negative comments from fans of many teams to everyone of his responses in the Fiesta Bowl press conference.

I guess we’ve lived long enough to see ourselves become a villain

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I just watched that, what on earth did anyone say?***

Dec 27, 2019, 11:33 AM

Clemson

he didn’t say anything

Dec 27, 2019, 11:35 AM

He just said he would prefer the semifinals to he on January 1 and that he’s not in favor of playoff expansion. I’ve seen people putting those quotes on twitter and it’s followed by people slamming Dabo for “whining”

Nothing like an out of context argument

Dec 27, 2019, 11:37 AM

Guess people are slamming Day since he agreed with Dabo?

Clemson

Re: Nothing like an out of context argument

Dec 27, 2019, 5:12 PM

Should be slamming Day for that Clown suit he wore. That jacket hurt my eyes!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: he didn’t say anything

Dec 27, 2019, 11:38 AM [ in reply to he didn’t say anything ]

Pretty sure Day said exactly the same thing...

And neither coach had like a rant-level comment

Dec 27, 2019, 11:40 AM

Just two coaches who want consistency and being home with their family for Christmas

Clemson

The real whiners are the ones pining for expansion...

Dec 27, 2019, 11:42 AM [ in reply to he didn’t say anything ]

Dabo is one of the few that can speak to how special (and how difficult) it is to get to the playoffs each season. The 4 best teams are there. It’s not that hard to see it.
It seems to me that the expanders want a path for multi-loss sec teams and big ten runner-ups to make money from an extra game.

Everone deserves a mulligan

Dec 27, 2019, 3:45 PM

it's only fair

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

ABSOLUTELY! An expanded playoff only means 1 thing

Dec 27, 2019, 4:36 PM [ in reply to The real whiners are the ones pining for expansion... ]

More money and airtime for the Big10 and SEC. No fan of a team from the ACC or Big12 should want an expanded playoff. The Pac12 might want one because they are struggling to make the 4 team playoff.

Re: The nation has really turned on Dabo

I can see how people who do not regularly hear "Dabo-isms" like we do could consider him smarmy and holier than thou... Guess they will be them and we will be us...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That is only because fans of other teams are morans***

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

consider The sources - SEC and Ohio State

Dec 27, 2019, 11:40 AM

Go Tigers!

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I mean I can see why. I absolutely still love him as our

Dec 27, 2019, 11:41 AM

coach and leader of our program. But fans of other schools don’t care about that, they only know what they see when he does an interview or press conference. And honestly, most of his comments lately have been whining and complaining about where we are ranked, that we get no respect, that everyone’s out to get us, etc. Which of course isn’t true. I can see why that would turn people off to him.

Frankly I don’t care what others think, as long he continues to do what he’s done with our program, I’ll be happy.

Re: I mean I can see why. I absolutely still love him as our

Dec 27, 2019, 11:57 AM

Is it really whining & complaining when it’s the truth?

Yes because it’s not true. We’ve been ranked appropriately IMO.

Dec 27, 2019, 5:11 PM

The first half of the season was not that impressive. Yes we’re undefeated, but we haven’t played anyone. Until we played UVA, the schedule was incredibly weak. However, where we were ranked all season, we were set up to make the playoff if we went undefeated. That’s fair. There are 3 undefeated teams, and I don’t think it’s out of line to put us at 3 based on who we played.

Dec 30, 2019, 10:16 AM [ in reply to Re: I mean I can see why. I absolutely still love him as our ]

Yes

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 27, 2019, 5:17 PM [ in reply to I mean I can see why. I absolutely still love him as our ]

He has not only the right but a duty to defend his program. He’s the face of it. Critics can call it what they want but he has done nothing but be truthful. Clips of analysts suggesting an unbeaten Clemson might not make the playoff weren’t fake news. Let that narrative go unchallenged and the critics with an anti Clemson bias just may have gotten their way.
As significant as the playoff games are, they should be given the primo date. Common sense doesn’t sell well but that’s all it is.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Those who ain't us aren't gonna like us...and will

Dec 27, 2019, 11:47 AM

nitpick anything and everything about us.

Typical when you're on the top of the mountain.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DaBO’s right..Dec 28th sucks & 4 best teams is best #!

Dec 27, 2019, 11:51 AM

Saying..get over it & play ball.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Those who ain't us aren't gonna like us...and will

Dec 27, 2019, 3:57 PM [ in reply to Those who ain't us aren't gonna like us...and will ]

Life is like a tree full of monkeys climbing to the top. The ones looking down see only smiling faces and the ones looking up see only ########.

LOL.....Dang, I'll have to remember that one!***

Dec 27, 2019, 4:07 PM

Better climb fast if they're smiling about your a-hole...***

Dec 27, 2019, 4:58 PM [ in reply to Re: Those who ain't us aren't gonna like us...and will ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 27, 2019, 11:54 AM

I see it all the time and I don’t really care what they thing of our coach. Cool thing is..... neither does he. Anyone who attacks his character obviously is blind. It ain’t about us drinking orange kool aid, but about facts. Dabo is a solid human being and practices what he preaches.

Dec 27, 2019, 11:54 AM

Does criticism from select people really equate to “the nation” turning against Dabo? Seems a bit dramatic.

Perspective.

it’s not just Gamecock fans like it used to be though***

Dec 27, 2019, 11:56 AM

Re: it’s not just Gamecock fans like it used to be though***

Dec 27, 2019, 3:58 PM

Well, we're not winning just state championships any more either.

Dec 27, 2019, 11:55 AM

If they don't want to hear the answer from Dabo, don't ask the question.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Bad Press!

Dec 27, 2019, 11:59 AM

The bad press Dabo got at the end of the regular season is just being extended is all. People like for you to be - what they want you to be.
Dabo says, "no"! He rejects that notion, thankfully for Clemson he has that mindset. He doesn't always listen to who the recruiting services say is the best player at a certain position for instance. Even skipping offering some 4 and 5 star guys entirely in place of a 3 star he believes in(Simmons, Orhorhoro).

People get to a point where they dislike you for something eventually. Especially if you are successful.

People also - do not like to get CALLED OUT FOR THEIR B.S. This is very important T.I.P in understanding why all the negative Dabo talk. The analyst and talking heads who are on TV "wanted a different Dabo" when asked about S.O.S. Instead they got called out and embarrassed. What did he say that was wrong? We have played the same schedule/teams! All true! Even Buckeye and Big 10 fans can go back and look that up. None of that is subjective.
Yet, when you play LSU in the chic fil A and beat them, Oklahoma in the Russell athletic and then semi and beat them. Ohio St in the Orange and Fiesta. Alabama a couple times(should have been 3). You beat them all. N. Dame too. Yet, all year long all the talk is about how Clemson isn't as good. They showing vulnerability. All based on TL16 throwing picks and the offense not looking as crisp against what is perceived to be H.S. competition. Yet, the ACC has the most bowl eligible teams - which means they all knew enough to win at least 6 football games! All of the 6 wins were not just in the ACC for those teams.
It all got over-blown - he called the national media out - they have the national platform and time to "spout" their stance - he doesn't nationally - many people including many on tnet are incapable it seems of knowing when someone has an agenda. Knowing when someone is painting a 1 sided picture because it helps perpetuate a narrative they seek. Story lines. Ratings. Marketing execs who want flavor and big market teams. Not little old Clemson.
He called them out. Good for him. Hopefully college football does not sell out to the highest bidder and is all about who gets their group of young men to perform better than anyone else.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dabo

Dec 27, 2019, 12:08 PM

Does what’s best for Clemson. Get over it

Re: Dabo

Dec 27, 2019, 12:10 PM

Does what’s best for Clemson. Get over it

That big long post I just made and this sums it up perfectly, LOL!

**Exactly what I was saying just the around the way version, haha!

Get ready, y'all, cause it's coming...get ready to

Dec 27, 2019, 12:23 PM

be the most hated team in the nation. Success breeds contempt from those looking up at the successful. There will be admiration and respect from some, but most will be Nancy Pelosi-type fabricators of hate filled tirades and fake accusations.

It's the price of being who we are. Make no mistake, if we win the NC this year, it's going to bring haters out of the woodwork.

Re: Get ready, y'all, cause it's coming...get ready to

Dec 27, 2019, 2:10 PM

be the most hated team in the nation. Success breeds contempt from those looking up at the successful. There will be admiration and respect from some, but most will be Nancy Pelosi-type fabricators of hate filled tirades and fake accusations.

It's the price of being who we are. Make no mistake, if we win the NC this year, it's going to bring haters out of the woodwork.

Correct! That last sentence is so true!

Dec 27, 2019, 3:42 PM

Not as far as future players are concerned! And that’s all that matters.

Dec 27, 2019, 4:00 PM [ in reply to Get ready, y'all, cause it's coming...get ready to ]

What's Nancy Pelosi have to do with football ??

He doesn't know even if he thinks he does...Parroting...***

Dec 27, 2019, 5:03 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Are you really that daft? Pelosi has nothing to do with

Dec 30, 2019, 8:55 AM [ in reply to Re: Get ready, y'all, cause it's coming...get ready to ]

football but everything to do with hate, which was the point of my post.

Right. She should be like Trump, who is the epitome of love***

Jan 1, 2020, 9:44 AM

Butt, will that hate translate to respect in the polls next

Dec 30, 2019, 8:58 AM [ in reply to Get ready, y'all, cause it's coming...get ready to ]

year? Coming off a second straight Natty (if that is the result), with the #1 recuiting class coming in, if we were Bama, we would be the runaway preseason #1 next year. Remains to be seen if that would be the case for us, with the full apparatus of ESPN working against it.

Dec 27, 2019, 4:13 PM

I bet Dabo could write a Whale of a Science Fiction novel...

Dec 27, 2019, 4:21 PM

Whatever. Last night I met KJ Henry’s family at the Phoenix airport. Incredibly nice and humble family - every single one of them. We were there for a good bit and had a chance to speak to them for a while. They were extremely complimentary of Dabo and our program - as long as we’re pulling in players/families of that caliber, I don’t care what anyone else thinks.

They hate us cause they ain’t us.

Dec 30, 2019, 10:05 AM

Fyi- For those who have forgotten. Henry’s Dad was a college coach who sent his a son to play for Clemson.

Yeah, maybe but I'd bet the farm that...

Dec 27, 2019, 4:33 PM

every single one of the Dabo haters would fire the coach of their favorite NCAA football team tonight if Dabo would agree to coach for them.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 27, 2019, 5:09 PM

I could care less about what other college programs think of Dabo and CLEMSON for playing the underdog disrespected cards as long as our players are ALL IN and take it out on OSU. Urban was one of college football’s greatest whiners.

Go Tigers!

He's made out to be a "villain" because the media

Dec 27, 2019, 5:13 PM

is chock full of villains.

Dec 30, 2019, 10:11 AM

It does stink for the semifinal losers to have to sit back and watch these other teams play in meaningless bowls now. Doesn't seem like much of an award for an outstanding season. They need to keep the NY6 bowls around New Years and everything else before them. Please no more playoff games either. Clearly CU,LSU and OSU the best teams this year. Did not need to see 4 other teams water it down this year. Seen enough with number 4 like OU during playoff era.

We are the new DEATH STAR....

Dec 30, 2019, 10:13 AM

It's good to be hated. It means we are winning "too much".

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 1, 2020, 9:39 AM

What the hell kinda poster is this...They don't like us because we don't have a million fan base and are a small school in the ACC! You must be a coot or dog or elephant lover! Would Nebraska lament Tom Osborne, Darrel Royal at Texas, Bear at Bama, Bud Wilkinson at Oklahoma, Shug Jordan at Auburn...Woody Hayes at Ohio State (maybe for his boxing lessons) or Joe Pat at Penn State (maybe shower management) Everyone is going to hate the winner...forget you 'fool'...Dabo is trying to do things the right way...those evil in our midst will not like him...kids love him and come to Clemson for his guidance and Clemsons nurturing environment! The gold in these hills is 'Dabo & Company' and if you don't like it or are ashamed the go back to Columbia or Columbus or Athens or Tuscaloosa! When the finest players in the country want to be Clemson 'Tiger' then we have an answer to that age old question...'Are you a fool'!

Jan 1, 2020, 10:23 AM

T_I_P said:

I’m seeing nothing but negative comments from fans of many teams to everyone of his responses in the Fiesta Bowl press conference.

I guess we’ve lived long enough to see ourselves become a villain

He’s the hottest coach in college football right now… When you’re the best, people either follow you or hate you. I actually like Dabo because I feel like he’s a very good man. Not just because he’s a really good coach but because he believes in Jesus Christ and he’s not afraid to admit it. Is a very admirable trait. Having said that I do think he whines a bit. but I would be completely 100% happy if my son went to play football for him.

Replies: 48
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic