Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Here is where this could really hurt
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 25
| visibility 1

Here is where this could really hurt

Mar 29, 2020, 10:13 AM

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/food-workers-getting-sick-latest-020020636.html

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Here is where this could really hurt

Mar 29, 2020, 10:47 AM

Mar 29, 2020, 10:59 AM

Sure thing , you keep putting your head in the sand Danny.

Well, the title is kinda fear-mongering wouldn’t you say?

Mar 29, 2020, 11:12 AM

Why not the title, “A few workers in food industry contracted the virus”?

Re: Well, the title is kinda fear-mongering wouldn’t you say?

Mar 29, 2020, 11:27 AM

Maybe but here is the thing, so far 1 proven tested infection actually means up to 10. Now factor in shutdowns for cleaning, other workers quarantined and sooner or later it will affect food supplies.

Mar 29, 2020, 11:25 AM

There will be 10 more behind them begging for a job.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 29, 2020, 11:31 AM

Ah you rascal, you remind me of the Saudi business owners I have met. I was watching 3 Indians dig a hole 20x20x20 using shovels, buckets and wheelbarrows. I asked the Saudi why not a piece of equipment, he said equipment costs money, costs to maintain and these little Indians were dirt cheap and when they broke could be replaced for next to nothing. Maybe you are just out of place or out of the proper time frame. Missed your calling as a Plantation overseerer possibly?

that was an impressive pivot. He rudely didn’t bite on the fear-mongering

Mar 29, 2020, 11:54 AM

of “no one will be healthy to make our food” so you quickly switched it up to “Don’t you care about the food workers who get sick?”

Well done.

null

Re: that was an impressive pivot. He rudely didn’t bite on the fear-mongering

Mar 29, 2020, 11:59 AM

Not actually Swarley, he posited that it does not really matter if they get sick as others would be groveling to take that job slot.

Re: that was an impressive pivot. He rudely didn’t bite on the fear-mongering

Mar 29, 2020, 12:31 PM

Tell me where I am wrong

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes...that’s exactly what I said.

Mar 29, 2020, 1:12 PM [ in reply to Re: that was an impressive pivot. He rudely didn’t bite on the fear-mongering ]

I’m not saying that he is or isn’t being callous with his comment, but your point was a lack of manpower to run food processing, and he said that that won’t be a concern. Instead of pointing out how it WILL be a concern, you shamed him for not caring about the workers.

null

Re: Yes...that’s exactly what I said.

Mar 29, 2020, 1:17 PM

Well I guess in my defense it should be very obvious to any thinking person it will cause food shortage concerns, his mind on all matter COVID are welded shut. No use wasting words . Could not resist the poke at any concenr for the workers though.

Mar 29, 2020, 11:58 AM [ in reply to Re: Here is where this could really hurt ]

My dad worked me to the bone on the farm. So I can see me being very qualified.

Mar 29, 2020, 12:02 PM

SO do onto others and you had done unto yourself? I am cool with that logic, I was always hard on myself when it came to work related stuff so when I became the Boss Hog I felt it gave me a bit of latitude to be hard on others.

go back in your hole, p###y***

Mar 29, 2020, 12:05 PM

If she's a hollerer, she'll be a screamer.
If she's a screamer, she'll get you arrested.

Re: go back in your hole, p###y***

Mar 29, 2020, 12:17 PM

Bahaahahahahahaa. Crash you are good for a mindless post, it is your forte I guess. As far as being in my hole I am still going to work to help provide air ambulance missions to the area community for those in need. Be they patient tranfers, scoop and dash off the highways or their own attempts to win a Darwin Award. So you have a great day, should we ever meet I would hope you would have the stones to say it to my face. 2 possible outcomes in doing so either me or you leave with a butt whipping because we would definatley go to rolling in the dirt to find out.

^^^battle of the internet tough guys^^^***

Mar 29, 2020, 12:26 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So what is your point?

Mar 29, 2020, 1:22 PM [ in reply to Re: Here is where this could really hurt ]

Looking for someone to blame?
Looking to scare everyone like those models?
Everyone to agree with you?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: So what is your point?

Mar 29, 2020, 1:51 PM

Nope , pointing out that if we end up with massive issues in processing plants for shortages will be become a problem.

Thanks to your globalism***

Mar 29, 2020, 7:32 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Your globalism"...? Dang 2Time, you must be the BigTime...***

Mar 29, 2020, 7:47 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: "Your globalism"...? Dang 2Time, you must be the BigTime...***

Mar 29, 2020, 7:59 PM

Never knew I swung the big hammer, now possibilities are endless. Just for the record we would be far better off if we made stuff here so I am not sure it fits.

COVID-19 is not a food-borne illness (as article mentions)

Mar 29, 2020, 12:24 PM

That means the danger is about manpower, not contamination.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: COVID-19 is not a food-borne illness (as article mentions)

Mar 29, 2020, 1:07 PM

Eggsactly! Closures of processing plants due to outbreaks would be felt pretty hard, even shutting down for cleanings will cause disruptions in meeting needs.

Meat gets cooked, veggies see sunshine.

Mar 29, 2020, 12:59 PM

The problem may be those picking the veggies and processing the meat not being able to do their jobs.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There are industries that are just going to have to find the

Mar 29, 2020, 1:03 PM

best way to keep going. Food processing and farming, and distribution is one of them. Electricity. Water/sewer utilities. Internet. Hopefully attrition to illness doesn't become too bad. If you're sick, stay home. But otherwise, you have to work as peoples lives depend on it. Just like doctors, etc. Can't shut the hospital if a doctor gets sick.

At the same time, industries need to figure out how to minimize attrition and the spread, while still working. Serious opportunities for youth employment I'd expect.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 25
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic