Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Can someone post the picture from '82 Orange Bowl of the
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1,779

Can someone post the picture from '82 Orange Bowl of the

Apr 29, 2013, 5:06 PM

the dudes with long hair, beards, orange overalls, smokes...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Can someone post the picture from '82 Orange Bowl of the

Apr 29, 2013, 5:21 PM

we didn't have a camera but it sounds like it could be us, boy those were the days

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 29, 2013, 5:29 PM
oldskool.jpg(108.4 K)

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How could those guys stand wearing overalls with long

Apr 29, 2013, 5:52 PM

sleeved shirts?? It was like 102 degrees that day. Even that night was incredibly hot. I was 10. When we left Gastonia NC, it was 34 degrees. Dad drove to Jax, where we spent the night. When we pulled into Miami the next day it was 102. Quite a shock, even to a kid like I was.

Never will forget it, though I didn't really realize how much I appreciated it at the time.

As a side note, first time I ever payed a buck for a Coke. The hotel in Miami had the OUTRAGEOUS price of $1.00 for 16 ounces in their vending machines. Dad was fuming that we wasted our money buying a soda.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

"I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."

Apr 29, 2013, 5:58 PM [ in reply to Re: Can someone post the picture from '82 Orange Bowl of the ]

Thanks.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I wish these guys could be the "Face of Clemson Athletics".

Apr 29, 2013, 6:06 PM [ in reply to Re: Can someone post the picture from '82 Orange Bowl of the ]

Pawsome

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

glad it wasn't the "cow college cloggers" remember those

Apr 29, 2013, 7:59 PM

guys, Jimmy Howard (son of Frank) and smallish fb, Richard Cooper (a guard) and other big guys went to Mountain City Ga. almost every weekend not in Fb season and learned how to be good cloggers. Half dressed up like big busted gals and they performed getting rave reviews - even getting on tv once or twice. Funny, but kinda embarrasing to alot of Clemson fans! Oh, this was a long time ago - in the '60's so most of you would probably have never heard of them! Looks like some of these guys in the overalls could be carry overs?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: glad it wasn't the "cow college cloggers" remember those

Apr 30, 2013, 5:20 AM

I remember them. They were so good. I was just speaking about them to Tracy Swinney the other day. Hadn't thought about them for years. Wonder where they all are now.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 29, 2013, 9:01 PM

That guy was shown in a big picture on the cover sports page of the Miami herald the next day.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I had a set, then gave them to my son...when I sort of

Apr 30, 2013, 5:42 AM

outgrew them. He then gave them to my 21 year old grandson. The best feature was the suspender hooks, which you could unfasten for a little respite from heat. In fact it became somewhat faddish to wear them with the tops down with a white tee underneath...sort of a precursor to the droopy drawers now popular. lol

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 9
| visibility 1,779
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic