Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
More trouble for Bama
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 3,824

More trouble for Bama

Mar 31, 2015, 5:29 PM

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/12594343/tyren-jones-alabama-crimson-tide-arrested-marijuana-possession

TUSCALOOSA, Ala. -- Alabama running back Tyren Jones has been arrested on a marijuana charge, the third arrest of a Crimson Tide football player in four days.

Jones was charged Tuesday with possession of marijuana 2nd degree and released on $1,000 bond, Tuscaloosa police said in a news release.

Crimson Tide coach Nick Saban had suspended Jones indefinitely on Feb. 10 "for conduct not to the standard of the Alabama football program." Safety Geno Smith and since-dismissed defensive lineman Jonathan Taylor were arrested on Saturday.

Smith was arrested on a charge of driving under the influence of alcohol for the second time in his Alabama career. Taylor, who had been dismissed from the Georgia team in July following a domestic violence arrest, now faces similar charges stemming from a separate incident in Tuscaloosa.

Saban steadfastly defended the January signing of Taylor, which had already drawn criticism, on Monday night.

"We've created many opportunities for players through the years and sometimes those things have worked out extremely well," he said. "We're sad to say in this case it didn't and we all take responsibility for that. We have a good program here at Alabama and we have a lot of good players who have done a lot of good things in this community on our team ."

Police say Jones and 25-year-old Brandon Lee Hansberry were arrested after an officer stopped a white Dodge Challenger for speeding at 11:27 a.m. Monday.

The officer smelled marijuana and found the drug and digital scales inside the vehicle, which belonged to Hansberry, according to the police news release. A small amount of marijuana was found in Jones's pocket. Jones ran for 224 yards and two touchdowns as a redshirt freshman last season.

Two other passengers in the vehicle were released without being charged.

Hansberry was charged with one count of marijuana 1st degree and one count of possession of drug paraphernalia. He had an outstanding charge from Tuscaloosa police and was sent to the Tuscaloosa County Jail on $20,000 bond.

Copyright 2015 by The Associated Press

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That is 3 arrests in the past 4 days

Mar 31, 2015, 5:36 PM

Am I the only one who gets a kick out of that?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Surely Everyone's Criminal

Mar 31, 2015, 6:58 PM

S E C

Bama is just as bad as FSU is right now with players committing

Mar 31, 2015, 7:20 PM

crimes.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

future coots???

Mar 31, 2015, 7:45 PM

Sounds like opportunities in the midlands...

Re: future coots???

Mar 31, 2015, 8:07 PM

Opportunities? More like pre-requisites for ACCEPTANCE down in that A.I.D.S infested parking lot of single mothers! Just sayin, lol...the SINGLE good thing that EVER came out of that cross-eyed landfill of filth, is ME! Thankfully I was adopted into a CLEMSON family, and raised in the upstate...smh...and eve I was docked at LEAST 40 I.Q. points from my intelligence, simply for being CONCEIVED there! MIDlands, or WASTElands? Let's be REAL here! Lol...

GO TIGERS!

Mar 31, 2015, 8:08 PM

See how DUMB I am? I left the N off of EVEN!

GO TIGERS!

Mar 31, 2015, 8:11 PM

Several tu's from ME in this thread so far lmao...tall tiger two, if I could give more points for that post, I certainly would have haha

GO TIGERS!

What's a 19 years old doing

Mar 31, 2015, 8:04 PM

Hanging out with a 25 year old? Oh, wait, the dude is a drug dealer, never mind, now I get it.

Ha, I'm so tired...

Mar 31, 2015, 8:06 PM

I read, "A small amount of marijuana was found in Jones's pocket. Jones ran for 224 yards..." and thought he ran 224 after they found the pot...but only for a sec LOL

If he had run for 224 yards

Mar 31, 2015, 8:07 PM

It would have been the USCe defense attempting to stop him, and not the police.

LOL. Right on!***

Apr 1, 2015, 12:53 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: More trouble for Bama

Mar 31, 2015, 10:18 PM

Saban is shocked!! these guys were angels during the football season

SEC SEC SEC SEC***

Apr 1, 2015, 12:26 AM

SEC: South Eastern Correctional***

Apr 1, 2015, 12:57 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 14
| visibility 3,824
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic