Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
from the andthevalleyshook.com
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 1

from the andthevalleyshook.com

Jan 10, 2020, 10:49 PM

By Sunday? Hoo boy, by Sunday, I’m going to be walking through the French Quarter with a beverage in my hand, dancing like I’m an extra in the Get the Gat video and acting like payday is tomorrow.

The rent is due, Dabo Swinney, no matter how much you complain about it.

Tigahs by 40, explained:

1. Joe Burrow, man. Come on.

5,208 yards, 55 touchdowns, six interceptions, one Heisman trophy, balls of steel and a swag that can’t be contained by the Milky Way Galaxy. Next.

2. This team is so far gone from 2011. There’s zero correlation.

Even the seniors on this team, if they were paying attention at 11 or 12, won’t have the horror show of January 9, 2012 in their brains on Monday. We all might in the stands, but we’re old, and old people hold onto things for too long. There’s no voodoo left.

3. How many times do we have to worry and then see them execute?

It’s that ritual. We’ve been conditioned by both LSU and the Saints over the last decade to be crushed at the end of the season. When Kyle Rudolph pulled down the game-winning touchdown last Sunday, we simply walked to the bar, closed out our tab, said, “Well, that’ll happen,” and went home to sulk.

We’ve been waiting on that day all season with these Tigers. They haven’t shown it. Not once. They even talk #### in interviews. Bulletin board material? Doesn’t exist. Or it doesn’t matter. Nothing is stopping them.

4. Clyde does Clyde things.

Clyde is 100% back, meaning the LSU Death Star is fully charged and ready to shatter the aw-shucks facade Dabo Swinney has constructed into harmless nanoparticles.

LSU will need him. Clyde is arguably the most talented and versatile running back in the country and he is a seamless fit into what the two Joes—Brady and Burrow—want to do. He’s going to turn some poor safety’s ankles to mincemeat with a spin move. I will laugh hysterically with zero sympathy.

5. LSU wins the red-zone battle.

Brent Venables? Y’all scared of Brent Venables? Remember when the best coach who has ever lived—Nick Saban—had his defensive brains bashed in by LSU? 46 points!

We don’t care if Bama’s defense had a down year. Saban had two weeks to scheme up our offense and couldn’t do ####. N O T H I N G.

Venables is going to be another scalp on Joe’s mantle before the night is over. Touchdown, touchdown, touchdown. Take the night off, Cade York.

6. The defense continues to be slighted. They have their best game Monday.

For some reason, the Ole Miss game was the last one any pundit saw LSU’s defense play. Just the second half, really. Every week, it’s “Oh man, this defense could be had! Watch out! LSU’s only weakness!”

Oklahoma, for all its flaws, came in with the second-best offense in the country and the nation’s hottest offensive mind outside of Joe Brady at the helm. They didn’t score anything valuable until it was too late.

LSU was consistently on Jalen Hurts, a Heisman finalist, and stuffing Oklahoma’s potent running attack. That’s the LSU defense we last saw, and that’s the LSU defense we expect to show up Monday.

The pundits are bored.

7. Coach O never has a problem with motivation, or having his team prepared for the limelight. Why would he fail now?

This game has all the components of a team getting over-excited. National championship game. In our backyard. At stake? Becoming arguably the best team that’s every played college football.

If anything, Coach O has shown himself to be a master motivator above all. Both in the locker room and on the recruiting trail. Even during LSU’s losses under Orgeron, motivation and mindset have never, ever been the issue.

This is his most important game. He won’t let us down.

8. This is a team of destiny. Shut up with your worries. It’s our time.

As we’ve reflected on this season, this team’s chemistry and resolve is what we think of first.

Joe Burrow’s calm comments before the season that they would average 40 and 50 points per game. The calm confidence they showed in Tuscaloosa, and how clearly they weren’t satisfied that night when most teams would be. The ease in which they dismantled Georgia and Oklahoma after frankly being over-feted in the national media. None of it fazed them.

They were built for this. So are we. Accept your fate and your secondhand glory.

Geaux Tigers.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

what is the purpose of posting this?***

Jan 10, 2020, 10:53 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: from the andthevalleyshook.com

Jan 10, 2020, 10:54 PM

Did you edit, copy, and paste from last years Bama fan? We’ve heard this all before. Greatest team on earth, yada, yada, yada...Keep talking. Enjoy your moment in the sun. See you Monday night.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Your Crap Post made the King of Corruption (Huey Long)

Jan 10, 2020, 11:00 PM

Turn over in his corrupt grave! Get off this Board Peter sux Ponies.

70+% X 14

Jan 10, 2020, 11:02 PM [ in reply to Re: from the andthevalleyshook.com ]

Jeaux has completed 70% or better in EVERY game this year.

Not a misprint.

He has never had a completion % as low as TL's avg in any game this year.

Your type of posting...the alternating between...

Jan 10, 2020, 11:12 PM

the holier-than-thou lectures about message boards, wall-of-text stats, and basic trolling posts...do you have a diagnosable syndrome?

I for one, will be really glad when you are gone. You are a strange dude - no offense.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 10, 2020, 11:22 PM [ in reply to Re: from the andthevalleyshook.com ]

Yeah...Burro....ride him...just like teams rode Jalen Hurts, Tuo Tagovailova, Mayfield, Fields...all the best quarterbacks each year, and they all lost to Clemson in the playoffs!

Yeah, your defense is underrated...look at the football outsiders rankings, some of which take out the trash time scores...Clemson is number one in more categories than anybody. Some of them have LSU #38, 47 , 26 etc, while Clemson is #1. Clemson is #1 in overall defense, and LSU is an overrated 14. By the way, Oklahoma is #70!!! Right, good tune up for the final! I dare you to go look at the info: https://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/feidef/2019

LSU and Clemson both beat 8 power 5 teams that had 6 or more wins. That is very high...by comparison, your mighty Bama only beat three power 5 teams with 6 wins or more...so much for that great win of yours! And you great win over Texas? Also three of those wins! And Oklahoma? 5, two against overrated Baylor that only had 4!

You can believe all the hype that you are fed, just like Alabama (greatest team of all time!!!) and Notre Dame last year, Alabama and Ohio St two years ago, and Ohio St this year...look what happened to them.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 10, 2020, 11:28 PM

Thank you for a reasonable response.

I will bet my entire retirement pension

Jan 11, 2020, 8:13 AM [ in reply to Re: from the andthevalleyshook.com ]

that, one way or another, you’re going down.

Don’t forget numb nuts, Southern LA is sinking at a rate of 2.2 inches per year.

Deaf Valley isn’t in an actual valley, and before long, it will will be buried in swamp muck under the newly enlarged Gulf of Mexico.

Somebody please, SPOT THE #### BALL!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 10, 2020, 10:59 PM

Self affirmations with Stuart Smalley comes to mind.

https://www.gettyimages.com/detail/news-photo/pictured-al-franken-as-stuart-smalley-during-daily-news-photo/141932467

"I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and doggone it, people like me."

Wait, you aren’t really a Clemson fan??***

Jan 10, 2020, 11:07 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Re: Wait, you aren’t really a Clemson fan??***

Jan 10, 2020, 11:23 PM

You guys are really, really ignorant. What is you firetruck problem? You can't find humor in what others post about LSU ? I find it funny. I personally love to read info form other sites, I thought you did too?

it would help if you would give a little context...

Jan 10, 2020, 11:36 PM

in the OP.

If you are going to post straight crap from an ignorant source, whether you think it is funny or not, if you do not preface it with anything, it appears as if what you are posting either represents your point of view or is just an attempt to agitate.

Re: Wait, you aren’t really a Clemson fan??***

Jan 10, 2020, 11:29 PM [ in reply to Wait, you aren’t really a Clemson fan??*** ]

I graduated in 1981 . .when did you ?

Jan 11, 2020, 7:07 AM

Maybe no one ever told you....

But overconfidence is the worst flaw a team can have.

You'll see Monday night "Coonarse"

Replies: 14
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic