Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
free throws.22 of 26 and 10 of 12.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 27
| visibility 1

free throws.22 of 26 and 10 of 12.

Feb 18, 2018, 11:25 PM

guess which stat is ours.you can discuss all the other happenings,but this speaks volumes to the legitimacy of games like this.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Re: free throws.22 of 26 and 10 of 12.

Feb 18, 2018, 11:33 PM

Just looking at the picture of Sims on Tigernet Home page, I see two Duke players over his back. One has his elbow in Sim's temple.
I'm sure this was a no call.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes, it's illegitimate,

Feb 18, 2018, 11:37 PM

but it's also par for the course.

Year in and year out. Decade after decade.

Feb 18, 2018, 11:53 PM

We sat on the perimeter all game and shot. Hard to get to the line that way.

Feb 19, 2018, 12:04 AM

Thomas was inside getting bodied and hacked all game and only got 4 FTs, while Puke lived on the line for touchfouls that weren't touches.
Go back and look a the non-foul called on Scara in the corner on the Puke Prima Donna. Even BB cursed that call (right in front of him).
Then replay the call on Devoe on the breakaway lay-up.
Then replay the Thomas turn and lay-in w the hard body foul (no-call).
The Puke fouls were there, but the ACC told the stripes to swallow their whistles. Puke needs better seeding in March.

Blame the refs all you want

Feb 19, 2018, 12:49 AM

We settled for the perimeter shots and didn't figure out a way to attack the basket.

News flash: Our future opponents, especially in the NCAA tournament, will probably use some type of press and some type of zone.

We better figure it out or else we'll be going home early and complaining about how unfair the refs were.

If you want to see a back-breaker, that foul on the duke 3-point shooter would qualify as one.

Did you see that one? I did and so did the referee.

Re: Blame the refs all you want

Feb 19, 2018, 7:04 AM

the way we inbound the ball is often a problem for us.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Blame the refs all you want

Feb 19, 2018, 4:23 PM [ in reply to Blame the refs all you want ]

We finally started going in to Skara at the key. Gotta remember that against Cuse.

You need to figure it out. You would think we didn’t get

Feb 19, 2018, 6:21 PM [ in reply to Blame the refs all you want ]

close enough to a Duke defender to get fouled??? Every game against the duckies and heels the same???

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's a good attempt, but the numbers don't fully back that

Feb 20, 2018, 10:28 AM [ in reply to Blame the refs all you want ]

up.

Duke shot 49 times, 13 of those being 3's for 36 non-3 point shots.

We shot 61 times, 20 of those being 3's for 41 non-3 point shots.

Now, that of course doesn't count mid-range jumpers, etc., but it does show that we didn't just settle for perimeter shots. It also doesn't account for the numerous trips that led to wide open 3's for Duke, and of course the numerous no-calls.

if Mitchell is back at 100%, I'm

Feb 20, 2018, 11:23 AM [ in reply to Blame the refs all you want ]

not so worried about the press. If not, it could be a problem. Inbounds plays have been more of a problem without Grantham. His length and experience was a plus.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 19, 2018, 7:09 AM

So what else is new? This is the way the ACC has kept Clemson Basketball down for over 50 years!

Feb 19, 2018, 2:13 PM

exactly my point.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

No, our administration and overall lack of support for basketball

Feb 19, 2018, 5:51 PM [ in reply to Re: free throws.22 of 26 and 10 of 12. ]

over the last 100+ years is the reason for our sad basketball history.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Feb 19, 2018, 7:25 AM

5 to 7 of those were in last minutes or so when we were fouling on purpose. That makes it 19 or 21 totally attempts for Duke

As one poster commented we sat on perimeter vs driving inside

Refs did cost Clemson the game

Feb 19, 2018, 7:45 AM

Maybe a few bad calls but I don't recall being that upset about more than a few. A lot of the disparity was due to duke sat back in a zone that we hardly attacked all game...until the very end. So no...no conspiracy by the ACC...just poor excecution against the zone. our seniors needed to step up and they did not. Bottom line.

While the refs made some questionable calls...

Feb 19, 2018, 8:04 AM

fouling Duke's three point shooters, boneheaded turnovers because of an inability to inbound the ball and bring the ball across mid-court against Duke's press, and pi$$ poor shooting is why Clemson lost that game.

Clemson spotted Duke at least 16 points as the result of sheer stupidity. Duke is a good team and didn't need any help.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Absolutely pizzed away the last two.

Feb 19, 2018, 2:28 PM

Inbounding and unforced errors. Even with poor shooting, both losses should have been wins.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

Feb 19, 2018, 8:23 AM

Probably 12 of those made were from fouling behind 3 point line. Spencer foul was the dumbest. Game was tied when that happen. Things like that will let the air out of your team.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Work Hard, Do Your Best, Keep Your Word, Never Get Too Big For Your Britches, Trust In God, Have no fear and Never Forget a Friend ~ Harry S. Truman

I agree ... fouling the three-point shooter is always bad.

Feb 20, 2018, 11:52 AM

Especially when the shooter is a great FT shooter as well.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

look a little closer

Feb 19, 2018, 1:22 PM

4 of the FT's were the 'intentional' fouls at the end
6 were when 3-point shooters were fouled, one on Allen in the first half, and the one on Trent with 1:31 left

total fouls: CU 19, DU 14

given the style of play, with the dookies in zone the whole time, and subtracting the 2 at the end, 17-14 difference isn't much

You overlooked the fouls Duke got away with though...Much

Feb 19, 2018, 1:32 PM

like when we play unCHEAT...It's not what they called, it's the fact that the Blue Blood only gets called for 2/3 of the fouls they actually commit while we get called for 19 fouls while we only committed 13

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

meanwhile back in reality

Feb 20, 2018, 9:33 AM

the refs did not cost the Tigers the game

Gabe D going 1-10 and dumb turnovers lost the dook game

and check the box scores for the two UNC games. the Heels got called for more fouls in both games

in CH 19-21 NC only shot 3 more FTs but made 6 more
at LJ 18-20 Tigers took 13 more FTs, made 7 more than the Heels

blaming the refs every time is laughable and tiresome, much like many of your posts

Re: look a little closer

Feb 20, 2018, 10:31 AM [ in reply to look a little closer ]

So we committed 5 more fouls, which resulted in 14 more FT attempts. That sounds an awful lot like selective calling to me.

And glad you brought up the 3 point fouls when the shooter is falling before anyone is near him. I really wish the refs could give technicals for the floppers.

Feb 20, 2018, 10:49 AM

i accounted for 10 of the 14 with the two 3-fers and the late fouls

but i totally agree about the 3-pt shooters... shouldn't be a foul if a player barely grazes the shooter well after he releases the ball

there was one a couple weeks ago and the shooter stuck his leg out as the defender ran in front of him - there was still very little contact but the guy flopped to the floor....couldn't believe the ref fell for it

Feb 20, 2018, 11:14 AM

Well you can't take away the two 3-fers and act like they didn't happen, or if you want to then you also have to reduce the foul totals.

Whichever way you want to, when it comes down to it the dookies received more foul shots/foul than Clemson did.

It's easy to make the box score look better with a couple reach in fouls that result in no free throws and on the other end call a ticky-tack shooting foul because a player is breathed on.

Passing the ball across court like a high school girls team

Feb 19, 2018, 5:55 PM

doesn't help. Sloppy ball handling will give the other team a run every time... See FSU, see Duke..etc.

More concerned when our hottest shooter goes 1 for 10

Feb 20, 2018, 11:46 AM

... while our best ball handler is on the sidelines under concussion protocol.

And I'm pretty sure the two are probably related.

We took way too long just to get the ball over mid-court before we started trying to work for a good shot. And we didn't have the smoothness of ball distribution necessary to find Devoe wide open.

We're just a very thin squad right now and the results on the court are showing it.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 27
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic