Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
found our next o.c.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 2,241

found our next o.c.

Aug 26, 2013, 9:38 PM

this dawg fan really knows his football

"Posted: Today 4:27 PM
RE: My conversation with some Clemson fans
Now, I'm a little more objective in my analysis of teams (including UGA) and I have to say that Les Miles and/or the offensive coordinator is just as responsible for Clemson winning the bowl game as Clemson is. If you watch the last few minutes, Les tries to out smart Clemson by throwing the ball on 2nd and short and 3rd and short when they had BIG success running the ball. Not only did they (LSU) not get a first down but they didn't force Clemson to use any time-outs either, it was not a dominating win by Clemson. They do deserve credit for making some plays to be in position to win but lets not go over-board.

In contrast, UGA was a deflected pass away from beating Alabama despite getting plowed over by Alabama's running game. If UGA's run defense improves this year it could lead to a very good defensive unit. We shall see!!

I'm torn between a Georgia comfortable win (35-20) or a closer win (28-24) .... I don't see both teams reaching the 40s, I don't even think the winner hits the 40s. Just my 2 cents"

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ignore the fact Sammy was out and we basically lent them 7

Aug 26, 2013, 9:43 PM

Between Sammy's fumble and a huge run after a long kickoff.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clemson

Don't you mean next c.o.

Aug 26, 2013, 9:44 PM

crack overdose!

Executive summary ...

Aug 26, 2013, 10:02 PM

Clemson was lucky when they made plays.

UGA was unlucky when they didn't make plays.

the fact is that We had a defensive formation that was

Aug 26, 2013, 10:21 PM

Stopping the LSU runners for almost the whole second half
Miles admitted the pass at that time was their only option.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Uga

Aug 26, 2013, 10:27 PM

Was also a blown call away from the game being out of reach. Ref rules pass deflected at line when pass interference was called on uga. That forces Bama fg try, blocked and returned for 6. Easy 10+ point swing.

Not to mention they ran you over all game, look at stats. And in the case of Clemson vs LSU, look at stats, LSU did good to keep it close, just as uga did good to keep it close vs Bama.

The difference is our offense will decide if/when your d can sub and how long you can suck air between plays.

I still find it funny how its Les Miles' fault

Aug 26, 2013, 10:32 PM

people saying its his fault because he tried to outsmart us, or slip one by us by passing in a normal running situation.

The fact is, he pretty much did outsmart our defense, we were obviously playing the run when Mettenburger dropped back to make the throw (to a wide open receiver headed towards the sideline) Les Miles had called a play that would have gotten them a first down if only his QB could complete a wide open pass

Re: I still find it funny how its Les Miles' fault

Aug 26, 2013, 10:37 PM

Metandgropeher couldnt hit the broad side of a barn with a football.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Go back and check our DEs on the last two plays.

Aug 26, 2013, 10:53 PM [ in reply to I still find it funny how its Les Miles' fault ]

The second down play Mettenburger had to throw over our DE the second time he tried to throw it through one of them.

Now tell me that wasn't good defense that stopped the pass Mettenburger had against everybody they played including us in the first half.

Venables ordered the adjustments and our guys executed it!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: found our next o.c.

Aug 26, 2013, 10:34 PM

lets see LSU had 99 yards rushing the entire game. 57 came off 1 run. that leaves like less than 2 yards a carry after that. So how does the show that LSU had BIG success running the ball. Les realized that he wasn't going to get a first down running the ball. As evident with the amount of 3 and outs the entire 4th quarter. Even if we had used our all our timeouts stopping the clock after their runs. We only really needed one timeout to call the 4th and 16. With the exception of 1 fluke play and 2 of our turnovers they score 7 points on our defense.

Excellent analysis of our improved D - expect it to be even

Aug 26, 2013, 10:48 PM

this year, and if it is here we come Pasadena - ROSE BOWL, National Champs! Tigers will go down in history as one of the greatest! CALIFORNIA DREAMING!

"...they had BIG success running the ball..."

Aug 26, 2013, 10:47 PM

One stink yard of offense in the fourth quarter is "BIG success running the ball?"

You're right, we really need his genius.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Clemson dominated LSU in the stats column

Aug 26, 2013, 10:52 PM

Clemson should have scored more TDs

Re: found our next o.c.

Aug 26, 2013, 10:56 PM

Everyone questioned Les Miles' play calling at the end of that game. LSU shouldn't have even been in position to win at the end of that game according to these stats. We should have won up by a minimum of 10 points. I'd say Clemson nearly gave Les Miles a gift by allowing him to be in position to win that late.

LSU----------CLEM

1st Downs 9----------32
Total Yards 219----------445
Passing 120----------346
Rushing 99----------99
Penalties 7-66----------6-47
3rd Down Conversions 3-13----------8-18
4th Down Conversions 0-0----------1-3
Turnovers 1----------2
Possession 23:39----------36:21

Re: Exactly right***

Aug 26, 2013, 11:41 PM

BUT BUT BUT those were LAST year's teams.

Aug 26, 2013, 11:09 PM

How dumb to compare last year's teams to this year's teams.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"dumb" ??? what other comparison? before season?***

Aug 26, 2013, 11:35 PM

he should have just used the party line : lsu didn't want

Aug 27, 2013, 4:59 AM

to be there!

Wow! That's his, " more objective" view? I'm

Aug 27, 2013, 5:53 AM

glad he has a much better understanding now. My goodness! Talk about drinking the kool-aid.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 18
| visibility 2,241
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic