Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Football Player Update: C.J. Spiller remains a non-factor for Bills
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 1

Football Player Update: C.J. Spiller remains a non-factor for Bills

Nov 15, 2011, 11:19 AM

C.J. Spiller remains a non-factor for Bills

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

for the love of god, please trade him at the end of the yr***

Nov 15, 2011, 11:21 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: for the love of god, please trade him at the end of the yr***

Nov 15, 2011, 11:30 AM

Why you draft a great RB only to waste his most productive years is beyond me.

dumb...

Re: for the love of god, please trade him at the end of the yr***

Nov 15, 2011, 11:32 AM

I hope they trade one of them at the end of the year...

SEND HIM TO ATLANTA LORD KNOWS THEY NEED HIM.***

Nov 15, 2011, 11:58 AM [ in reply to for the love of god, please trade him at the end of the yr*** ]

How so?***

Nov 15, 2011, 11:59 AM

It should say

Nov 15, 2011, 11:35 AM

Bills remain a non-factor for CJ. They have done nothing for him and really have not given him a chance. Trade him.

1-2-3-4 1-2-3-4 C-L-E-M-S-O-N T-I-G-E-R-S fight tigers fight tigers fight fight fight!! Goo Tigers!

Didn't think that it was anything CJ was doing wrong

Nov 15, 2011, 11:45 AM

but after reading Gailey's comments he confirmed that it isn't. A classic example of an NFL coordinator and HC not scheming talent but making talent play a scheme that they don't fit into. The bad thing about is that Buffalo's "O" is being slowed down lately and CJ could provide a spark if they'd Wes Welker him in the slot or something similar on swing passes or wheel routes instead of that conservative I that they play. Jackson is a beast but CJ is a weapon that they keep in the closet as they take they latest loss now that the NFL has figured out that base offense they run. I hope they trade him somewhere that he can thrive because he's still fresh, obviously.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I am a Cowboys fan and watched the Bills-Cowboys game

Nov 15, 2011, 12:16 PM

Was very interested to see how the Bills used Spiller. I didn't really see him line up much at the RB position; most of the time they had him split wide. He didn't really receive that many targets; its almost as if they have him out there as a decoy. They actually threw him a long pass that Spiller had a chance to make a play on, but Spiller dropped it. He had the DB beat pretty badly, but the ball went through his hands. I had heard that they weren't using him in the return game, but he was back there as both the kickoff returner and the punt returner on most of the returns I saw. He didn't get a ton of opportunities to actually make a return though because of touchbacks and non-returnable punts.

All in all though, I thought Spiller should have been used more, and more importantly, used in a way that would have had him isolated one on one against the Cowboys linebackers. The Cowboys linebackers are slow outside of Sean Lee (and he is playing with a cast on his hand) and they should have tried to have him matched up against those guys. Instead, they had him lined up out wide where the mismatch is not as great.

Re: I am a Cowboys fan and watched the Bills-Cowboys game

Nov 15, 2011, 12:34 PM

Solid copy on that man....totally agree. He's got good hands but if they don't get the ball to him he can't get in a receiving rhythm....there's isn't an LB in the NFL who can run with him and i think that you're right in that they need to get him in the seam with LB's trying to cover him and just move the chains with dump offs to him. The thing is that if you get it to him about 4 or 5 times a game there is a chance that he'll break one to the house. Same thing with KO's too. I just don't think that the Bills have any packages for him because Jackson is such a beast at TB. I'd love to see him with my Panthers as a check down for Newton.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Football Player Update: C.J. Spiller remains a non-factor for Bills

Nov 15, 2011, 11:59 AM

My Update

Nov 15, 2011, 12:01 PM

This past week, Spiller had 1 carry for 1 yard in a 44-7 drubbing to the Cowboys. He is becoming EVEN LESS of a factor for the fading Bills.
After the game, Coach Chan Gailey confirmed there has been some interest in the little-used 1st rounder. "Yes, our divisional rival, the New England Patriots have expressed some interest in him. I would imagine they would probably be able to find a much more useful role for him. But we will explore that possibility at the conclusion of the season..."

Hey, a guy can dream, can't he?

just 17 carries.... come on Chan! Dabo knew: you have

Nov 15, 2011, 12:17 PM

to get the ball in CJ's hands!!!!!!!!

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Photobucket

Almost got in a bar fight Sunday over Spiller..lol

Nov 15, 2011, 12:25 PM

Since Spiller went to the Bills, I became a fan to follow him. Hang out in a Bills bar in Virginia to watch games. Grumpy old Buffalo man next to me starts cussing CJ when he didn't catch that long pass. I got in his face and told him not to talk like that about my player. I realized a southern lady shouldn't go off like that so I settled back down. A trade would be in Spiller's best interest.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Can we start a fund to buy out his contract and make him

Nov 15, 2011, 12:41 PM

a free agent? It's infuriating how he's being absolutely wasted right now...

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

we only need about 15 million i think***

Nov 15, 2011, 12:43 PM

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Can we start a fund to buy out his contract and make him

Nov 15, 2011, 4:13 PM [ in reply to Can we start a fund to buy out his contract and make him ]

hilarious!

Gailey's not smart enough to put him in the slot and

Nov 15, 2011, 9:46 PM

throw it to him. Spiller has great hands and speed.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We do Chicken right...it's not just for frying anymore!

that's why Gailey got fired from his 2 previous jobs***

Nov 15, 2011, 9:51 PM

the chan gailey effect is setting in on the bills***

Nov 15, 2011, 9:49 PM

Replies: 19
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic