Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
for everyone who wants to hear Spur throw shaw under bus
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 2,166

for everyone who wants to hear Spur throw shaw under bus

Oct 14, 2012, 12:48 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vEdPx6GwgHc

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Call me crazy (or a Coot)

Oct 14, 2012, 1:03 PM

But what did he say that was so bad? I've certainly heard worse from Spurrier...

well,just that shaw might got hit on head, but it's got

Oct 14, 2012, 1:08 PM

everyone all a titter about it

null

Re: Call me crazy (or a Coot)

Oct 14, 2012, 1:28 PM [ in reply to Call me crazy (or a Coot) ]

Have you watched the video? I think the phrase "It's not what you say, but how you say it" applies here.

Spurrier has a holier than Thou, condescending type of tone when he is talking about Shaw in this presser.

It definitely came across to me as him throwing Shaw under the bus, and considering that Shaw is 13-2 as a starter, it is pretty ridiculous.

Stephen Garcia was 1 thing, but Shaw has been nothing but a class act and model player for him. Just because the dude makes 1 bad play doesn't mean his head coach should accuse him of being "hit in the head."

Re: Call me crazy (or a Coot)

Oct 14, 2012, 1:30 PM [ in reply to Call me crazy (or a Coot) ]

Whether you've heard worse or not, that's pretty bad. He told the national media that he asked Mangus in the middle of the game if Shaw had been hit in the head because he was making such bad decisions. You can't throw a player under the bus much worse than that.

how'd you like him to say that about your son?

Oct 14, 2012, 1:31 PM [ in reply to Call me crazy (or a Coot) ]

plus, if he was serious about Shaw getting hit in the head, and actually asked his coaches about it, there could be legal/medical ramifications (in today's litigious world).

Note: I sincerely doubt he was serious; that's just his way of deflecting blame away from himself, the all-knowing god of football.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yeh he put all the blame on the shaw and didnt mention the

Oct 14, 2012, 1:33 PM

d getting shredded by a beat up lsu o line

Did he hit his head?

Oct 14, 2012, 1:48 PM [ in reply to Call me crazy (or a Coot) ]

You might as well have called him a dumb@ss

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: for everyone who wants to hear Spur throw shaw under bus

Oct 14, 2012, 1:20 PM

I never liked Spurrier when he was at Fla.(90% coots didn't either) and I like him even less at USUC. This game really seems to be stressing him out awful bad. I would hope that he will retire at the end of the season mostly for his own good. As much as I dislike him, I surely wouldn't want to see nothing bad to happen to him. In his post game presser, he looked to be knocking on Stroke or Heart attack door. Get out Steve, you are a fierce competitor and a winner. Now is the time to walk away and enjoy the rest of your life without the pressure of the Game. It's just a game Stevie. And your life and health isn't, it's for real.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 14, 2012, 1:38 PM

spurrier pretty much always speaks his mind and says what he thinks. at halftime last night he said he had called some terrible plays. after alot of games he says he didnt coach very well. maybe he should have bit his tongue this time but shaw did make some uncharacteristically bad decisions. everyone knew it, spurrier said it out loud. its what he does. he and shaw will be fine. shaw got rattled last night for the first time since his first start ever. hopefully, he uses that fact to get mentally prepared for the swamp.

Oct 14, 2012, 1:45 PM

when they took away his running that's when he got rattled.. he isnt a thrower.. lets be real. If they are wide open then that's a different story he isnt throwing anyone open. he is a runner first.. they needed to pound the ball more.. its what LSU did.. you keep pounding the ball it will break open later in the game

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 14, 2012, 2:55 PM

agreed. i wasnt thrilled with our abandoning the run.

latty was avg. what 1.9 ypc? shaw had negative yardage,

Oct 14, 2012, 3:04 PM

the o-line for usuc couldn't open the holes for a running game. sos did try enough to keep lsu somewhat honest, but when you CAN'T run, you can only do so much. way to geaux(?sp),tigers!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 14, 2012, 4:21 PM

He has done this before. When Spur was hired I figured he would take SC up toward the top, but it has taken longer than expected. I think one of the reasons is his condescending comments about his team and or players. What does he expect; Tom Brady at his best. One more Death Valley loss this year works for me.

Replies: 13
| visibility 2,166
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic