Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
flood DR ad's email account...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 25
| visibility 1

flood DR ad's email account...

Mar 10, 2016, 1:34 PM

With emails. He won't respond but he will get the message...

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Rational but assertive demands from the fan base is what it will take.

Mar 10, 2016, 1:36 PM

The administration needs to know that fans expect more.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

If you're not gonnas donate to the severance fund,

Mar 10, 2016, 1:39 PM

keep your chit to yourself. With a $5 mil buyout, BB's not going anywhere. Sure, he probably should be gone, but with a buyout that big, he's most likely staying put.

Where is the $5M number coming from?

Mar 10, 2016, 1:42 PM

I thought it was $3.5M?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: Where is the $5M number coming from?

Mar 10, 2016, 1:45 PM

The Shakin the Southland breakdown and the Tigernet News breakdown of the buyout seem to have a one year discrepancy. If Tigernet is right though, he has a $3 million buyout for his final season for which he is only slotted to receive $2 million in salary. That doesn't make sense and I think they're off.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This article seems to indicate it's $5 Mil til May of next

Mar 10, 2016, 1:52 PM [ in reply to Where is the $5M number coming from? ]

year when it falls to $3.5 Million.

http://www.tigernet.com/update/coach/Further-details-Brownells-contract-16049

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That doesn't make sense

Mar 10, 2016, 2:09 PM

Why would they say 5 or more years remaining = $5M
4 years remaining = $5M

Why wouldn't they say 4 or more remaining =$5M?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: Where is the $5M number coming from?

Mar 10, 2016, 1:59 PM [ in reply to Where is the $5M number coming from? ]

You thought wrong. We are keeping this guy another year unless you flood Iptay with donations with a condition that the checks am an be cashed when he is gone. That seems to work

apparently, you thought wrong...shocker right?***

Mar 10, 2016, 2:12 PM [ in reply to Where is the $5M number coming from? ]

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yep, that is a shocker

Mar 10, 2016, 2:17 PM

http://www.postandcourier.com/article/20140523/PC20/140529684/1177/clemson-brownell-sign-new-six-year-deal

Ok, so a $5M buyout vs a $3.5M buyout for waiting a year. But he's due $1.7M for his salary. It still makes more financial sense to pay him a $5M buyout than to pay $5.2M to fire him next year. Yes, you have a new coach's salary to figure into the mix, but there is going to be a multiplier effect with the new arena too.

I'm not that surprised...reading is harder for some than it

Mar 10, 2016, 2:20 PM

is for others

The premise is still the same, which is the financial

Mar 10, 2016, 2:25 PM

argument doesn't make sense. Plus Clemson saves $7+ million on the remainder of the contract.

so, other than the fact that your facts were all wrong, the

Mar 10, 2016, 2:52 PM

logic is still sound? That is what you just said no?

In this case yes...

Mar 10, 2016, 3:34 PM

As I understand it, if Clemson were to fire Brownell after this season:

Buyout = $5M
Amount saved on the contract = $7.4M

If Clemson were to fire him after next season:

Buyout = $3.5M
Amount saved on the contract = $5.7

So if D-Rad doesn't think CBB is the man for the job, is it not $200,000 cheaper to make that decision now as opposed to waiting for the buyout to drop to $3.5M? Granted, that makes the assumption that he would eventually be fired after next season.

The mistake I made originally is I interpreted the other article I read to mean the buyout drops to $3.5M AFTER the 2015-2016 season ends.

what do you play for the encore? Two Princes or Little Miss

Mar 10, 2016, 3:40 PM

Can't be Wrong?

Where are you implying the spin is coming from?

Mar 10, 2016, 3:46 PM

And just so we're straight here, are you still advocating keeping him another year?

Message was edited by: GWPTiger®

I would open with one and close with the other

Mar 10, 2016, 3:54 PM

http://www.tigernet.com/forums/message.jspa?messageID=19143819

So you think that math is wrong?

Mar 10, 2016, 3:59 PM

You think paying CBB $1.7M is cheaper than spending an extra $1.5M on the buyout?

In other words, you believe: $1.7M < $1.5M

link to where I said that?***

Mar 10, 2016, 9:33 PM

Re: Yep, that is a shocker

Mar 10, 2016, 5:03 PM [ in reply to Yep, that is a shocker ]

I'm almost positive these articles got their facts wrong. Read the detailed breakdowns on STS. It is $3.5 this year.

Then we should definitely fire him now.***

Mar 11, 2016, 12:36 AM

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

What's D-Rad's fax number?***

Mar 10, 2016, 1:41 PM

How much are stamps? I'm going really old school.**

Mar 11, 2016, 6:03 AM

nm

I wrote him earlier in the season and he did actually write

Mar 10, 2016, 1:56 PM

back but only to say thanks for your support, blah, blah, blah. I got the feeling that he wasn't going to make a change because he wasn't feeling more heat to do so. Kind of like the JL situation before last year.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: flood DR ad's email account...

Mar 10, 2016, 2:09 PM

Give it a rest kingcat.

Why should we have to do this?

Mar 10, 2016, 3:39 PM

Why didn't Dan R. have a High Noon Hanging of Brownell, already?

-Tesla

2005_ncaa_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've been wrong two times, but this isn't one of them.

Replies: 25
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic