Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
fake injuries!!!!
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1,827

fake injuries!!!!

Oct 27, 2014, 12:04 PM

May be I just do not remember but I do no recall LSU and UGA fans whining when we booed them for the fake injuries!!! I am not SEC fan but they do understand football and knew as well as we did what was going on. Syracuse are bunch of basketball fans.

And for you Tiger fans who are preaching about we should not boo them....Where you even at the game?

Because the only booing of injuries where the two times when we got to the 10 yard line or so and it was obvious what they were doing and both of those players came right back in!!!! The OL who got hurt got applause when he walked off and the DB with the shoulder injury was in obvious pain.

So spare us the lecture on sportsmanship it did not happen like many of you, again probably not even at game, are saying. Go to Syracuse board and lecture them on fake injuries!!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: fake injuries!!!!

Oct 27, 2014, 12:09 PM

Good post and you are dead on.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 27, 2014, 12:11 PM

We didn't fake crap, We have a hard enough time playing against you with our 1st teamers. Our team was already decimated by injuries and most of our guys that went down with 'minor' injuries were already playing hurt meaning it's pretty darned easy to get dinged up. You even boo'ed an offensive player, was he trying to slow the game down too? You act like we're the Coots or some other win at all costs mentality SEC team. We're effing Syracuse and lucky to make a bowl, we have NEVER employed the fake injury crap to slow a team down. We certainly didn't do it Sat night against a Clemson offense stuck in 2nd gear.

Oct 27, 2014, 12:25 PM

> costs mentality SEC team. We're effing Syracuse and
> lucky to make a bowl

That's not the mentality that a lot of your buddies take. Love to hear them flaunting your football history to try to justify your present situation.

Oct 27, 2014, 12:32 PM

Yeah I know, alot of the old-timers in Syracuse think it's 20 years ago and McNabb is going to lead us to the Orange bowl. I'm here to tell you they might be vocal, but are the minority. Most Cuse fans know EXACTLY where our program stands, stuck in mediocrity and unable to recruit the areas that used to feed our program. From 2002-2008 we went from a 1 loss team(check it 2001) to a 1 win team. Not every Cuse fan can accept the new reality. Remember there was a day our program beat you 41-0. Some of us realize that it was 2 decades ago, some guys dont.

Oct 27, 2014, 12:46 PM

Pyle:
Where you at the game? If i remember correctly the two players who were booed were 13 and 54. My 10 year old daughter even figured it out. She said dad they will be right back in the game. And she was right!!! I am sure some of my video expert tiger fans can gather some film on #13's flop!!!
I mean Duke basketball players don't flop that good!!

I mean tell me if i am wrong. These other guys that you are referencing where they 13 and 54? The OL in know received at lot of applause. I will be sure to check SU roster and see if 13 and 54 are on injured list.

Oct 27, 2014, 12:25 PM [ in reply to Re: fake injuries!!!! ]

After lying on the ground and getting a good 5 minutes rest your players surely healed quickly and were back out on the field after sitting out one play. Say what you want but our fans were booing the tactic used by your players and staff, not the supposedly "hurt" players.

Oct 27, 2014, 12:36 PM

You know how many times in HS I sat out a play or two? C'mon. Not every injury is game or season ending. You stay down because you want a trainer to look at it. He tells you to try to get up, you go to the sidelines and walk it off and decide you can still play. Not every injury that doesn't result in a stretcher is faked.

Oct 27, 2014, 12:43 PM

LMAO

Oct 27, 2014, 12:12 PM

261tiger: Great post and I called the sportswriters at their local paper and gave them a dose of reality re the HUNH offense, flopping, the rules of football re injuries, timeouts, etc. Thanks for suggesting to do so.

I was at the game

Oct 27, 2014, 12:12 PM

I'll tell you what I told my son. .. being an #### because some 1 else is an #### still makes you an ####.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Here's my thoughts on this

Oct 27, 2014, 12:19 PM

Until there's a way to actually determine if a player is injured (and right now there isn't) then I'll give the benefit of the doubt to the athlete who is involved in violent collisions for my entertainment.

Other folks can choose to behave differently but they run the risk of booing an player who is actually injured. I don't see the reason to run that risk, thus I don't boo players on the ground.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Here's my thoughts on this

Oct 27, 2014, 2:47 PM

Si agree with you. However I am a non-booer ( how is that for a word). The exception for me is the officials who have made a bad call or who take what seems like forever to make a meaningless decision. I also think that booing does not express frustration appropriately as everyone makes up their own interpretation of what is being booed.

Having said all that it seems like much ado about nothing. How does "boo" damage anything or anyone? And that is both an argument for ignoring it and for not doing it!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 27, 2014, 12:25 PM

GREAT POST!!!!!!!!!!! very well said

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 13
| visibility 1,827
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic