Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Negative recruiting
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1

Negative recruiting

May 31, 2018, 12:32 PM

After reading about Pickens it's obvious that the coot recruiters are feeding these guys malinformation by telling them Clemson players fade away after college. No high school kid is going to 'think' that on their own if they watch football on Sundays, there are clemson guys all over the field. I'm sure most recruiters negatively recruit players so its nothing new. Pickens should have just come out and said he didn't feel like competing against KJ and XT for playing time.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Were we recruiting him at DT?

May 31, 2018, 12:42 PM

I know he was starting to get a bit of a pooch.

Re: Negative recruiting

May 31, 2018, 1:01 PM

Who cares if they fizzle out after getting to the pros? If Big Dex, Wilkins and Cle get drafted in the 1st round but never do anything in the pros is it a con for Clemson? I don't think so because those guys have to continue to work when they get to the pros. The Clemson coaches can't coach them after they move on. All Dabo can say is look we prepare you more than well enough to get you drafted after that you have to do it yourself. You have 22 starters not counting special teams on each team, thats 704 players who start. You think they draft around 250 players per year not counting UDFA. So they probably go through about 1,000 players per 3 years. So if you want to make it you have to be good enough and have to work for it. After the draft this year Clemson is going to have even more ammunition because I truly believe they will have about 6 or 7 players go in the first 2 rounds. You have Cle, Wilkins and Dex who are almost guarantee 1st rounders. Then you have Austin who is on the verge along with Mullens and Hyatt. People may not believe me today but Mullens is going to have a great year and if he does he will be a 1st rounder as well. With his size and cover ability thats a hot commodity for NFL teams. I know its hard to think of but if you get 5 players in the 1st round which is very doable with the guys I named Dex, Wilkins, Cle, Bryant and Mullens I don't know how you negative recruit against that. I'm sure someone will try but getting these guys a payday is all Clemson can do, they can't make a player become a pro bowler once he leaves. I think you are looking at guys like Grady, Beasley (if they quit changing his position), Sammy, Nuk, Bryant, I think Leggett has a chance to start, Artavis has a good chance to make the Chargers roster per his coach, I mean even Tankersley is starting off and on as a rookie. There are more than enough examples of Tigers not far removed from their college careers doing just fine in the league.

They are NOT guaranteed 1st rounders, did you learn nothing

May 31, 2018, 1:05 PM

from last years "We'll have 3 DL go in the 1st round" hype? They are NOT going to ALL be taken in the 1st

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Have them ask Clowny about Clemson players fading away...

May 31, 2018, 1:14 PM

He's playing with 4 of them right now including DT's D.J. Reader and Carlos Watkins.

https://herosports.com/nfl/jadeveon-clowney-clemson-players-deshaun-watson-carlos-watkins-ahah

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

exactly

May 31, 2018, 1:18 PM

He talks about Clowney yet clowney plays with more clemson players than other coots. He just wants to be clowney because he can go in and be a day 1 starter without putting the work in.'

BTW didn't Clowney fade away his Junior year at the gamecocks? Didn't see him mention that

Re: exactly

May 31, 2018, 3:44 PM

Nail on head. He watched Clowny as a kid they use that. I would hope Clemson would too. The thing is Clowny truly is a once in a generation type talent. He didn't have to try hard at all in college and was the best player on the field by far in almost every game. That's why he was a waste at USuCk. No offense to pickens but he's no Clowny. He's not even XT or KJ. He'll grow out of his DE spot and into a solid DT.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

ahh, clowney, the one hit wonder. hasn't done much else.***

May 31, 2018, 2:04 PM [ in reply to Have them ask Clowny about Clemson players fading away... ]

Who?***

May 31, 2018, 3:08 PM [ in reply to Have them ask Clowny about Clemson players fading away... ]

Beast Beasley, Grady Jarrett and Shaq Lawson say hello!***

May 31, 2018, 2:00 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Lumpy has to try anything

May 31, 2018, 2:13 PM

because if he continues to lose to Clemson recruiting and on the field, USCe fans will turn on him.

it's certainly ironic that their GOAT has faded away...

May 31, 2018, 2:47 PM

granted, he's still an NFL player but his former teammate gets more NFL pub than he does... and I do believe that you can count more Tiger D-Linemen on NFL rosters than chickens and are getting as much pub and more...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Negative recruiting

May 31, 2018, 2:49 PM

If Pickens and Belk are stupid enough to believe that garbage (which obviously they are) then they don't deserve to be at Clemson

Replies: 12
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic