Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Based loaded, 1 out, our best hitters coming up. What do they do?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 22
| visibility 1

Based loaded, 1 out, our best hitters coming up. What do they do?

Apr 16, 2016, 6:16 PM

Strike out on 3 pitches and hit the ball weakly to the second basemen, of course.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Based loaded, 1 out, our best hitters coming up. What do they do?

Apr 16, 2016, 6:24 PM

Can't ask for a better situation than that. Okey is awesome, but one of his weaknesses is definitely striking out looking. He watched all three strikes on that pitch. Gotta hack away in that spot.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 16, 2016, 7:27 PM

He absolutely will not swing at a curve ball until he has two strikes. He lets fat, hanging, hit me hit me curveballs go right by him every time. Then when he has two strikes he is still picky about his pitch. Watches strike three go right by. Him, Wilson and white.

Apr 16, 2016, 7:34 PM

Would you rather start someone else at catcher?

Apr 16, 2016, 7:36 PM

Nope, just pointing out what I've seen all year. It's frustrating, but he's still our second best hitter batting around .350.

Apr 16, 2016, 7:37 PM [ in reply to Re: Based loaded, 1 out, our best hitters coming up. What do they do? ]

Maybe you should grab a bat lex. (Nearly a ####) and see how you do. Having played baseball... It's not as easy as you "fans" think. That's my point. 3 out of 10 puts you in hall of fame.

Apr 16, 2016, 7:43 PM

What are you even responding to? Nobody expects anyone to be better than 3 out of 10. You obviously have missed what's going on in this thread. And I was lucky enough to play baseball my whole life so I know how it is. I'm not getting into a pissing contest on the internet about where I played or where you played, I don't care.

Apr 16, 2016, 7:46 PM

Yet you have no issue bashing a player batting 350? Now im really confused. You of all should now circumstances of bases mean about squat. Otherwise hank Aaron would've hand 250 grand slams. Not how it works.

Apr 16, 2016, 7:56 PM

I'm not bashing him. How do you get bashing out of that? I said what I've seen all year, he just refuses to swing at curve balls early in the count. Pitches he could really drive. Obviously that's his approach, which obviously is working since he's hitting .350. Just stating what I've seen all year, I've watched every game. He strikes out looking a lot. Would your coach not say anything to you about that? Not bashing a guy that's hitting .350.

Apr 16, 2016, 8:00 PM

And youre still missing the point of this thread. This team all year has been horrible at moving runners over and at least making productive outs. It's not just this one time. It's been our Achilles heal all year. Nobody is expecting a homerun every time we have runners on first and second with no outs. I'd be happy with two fly balls to the outfield to drive in one run.

Apr 16, 2016, 8:06 PM

Let's call it a wash. Clearly I'm missing your point... And we both have an understanding of the game having played it. Maybe over a beer clarity would prevail. Lol

Apr 16, 2016, 8:16 PM

I guess. You said you don't understand the knee jerk reactions to every play, it's baseball. I agree with that, but the original poster was just stating what's been happening all year, and I share his frustration. Failure to produce when runners are on with no outs. I will take that beer though. Have a good one.

Apr 16, 2016, 7:45 PM [ in reply to Re: Based loaded, 1 out, our best hitters coming up. What do they do? ]

I don't know what coach you could have played for or fans of your school that would be happy with the way Clemson has been playing lately, since you're not a "fan" and a ballplayer and all

Where is the hitting coach ?????***

Apr 16, 2016, 10:50 PM [ in reply to Re: Based loaded, 1 out, our best hitters coming up. What do they do? ]

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Work Hard, Do Your Best, Keep Your Word, Never Get Too Big For Your Britches, Trust In God, Have no fear and Never Forget a Friend ~ Harry S. Truman

Apr 16, 2016, 6:26 PM

Quit botching.. It's baseball. That happens

Getting tired of expectations of some "fans" sometimes

Apr 16, 2016, 6:33 PM

If they could score in every situation that had runners ready to score.....can you say undefeated????

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

monter le cheval de fer
A coot will usually blink when hit in the head with a ball-peen hammer

Based loaded with 1 out should be a gimme

Apr 16, 2016, 6:45 PM

Even if it wasn't Beer and Okey coming up, you'd expect the ball to be put in play. Makes you wonder if Okey didn't tighten up because of all the double plays.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We also have 11 hits and 3 walks, but only 2 runs

Apr 16, 2016, 6:49 PM [ in reply to Re: Based loaded, 1 out, our best hitters coming up. What do they do? ]

It's not even close to unrealistic to expect better than that. UofL, for example, has only 1 more hit than us, but they lead by 5 runs.

Apr 16, 2016, 6:57 PM [ in reply to Re: Based loaded, 1 out, our best hitters coming up. What do they do? ]

It happens all the time with this team. Heaven forbid people talk about a baseball game on a sports message board. I'm tired of all the low expectations of some "fans" sometimes. We have played better than this for a lot of the year and I know they can play better.

Apr 16, 2016, 7:27 PM

You are all morons if you missed my point. Even the best teams in MLB win 65-70 % of their games. It's baseball. It's part of the game. But you pick apart every single instance of failure and glamorize it . Maybe it just happened and means nothing more.

Yes, I wish we scored but I'm almost smart enough to understand this sport...

Apr 16, 2016, 7:34 PM

Yeah you're right, the only reason people are bitching is because of this one instance. This one and this one only. Because it happened one time, everyone is freaking out. Riiiight.

If you watched every game like the people talking in this thread, which I'm sure you don't, then you would understand why people are getting frustrated.

Re: eehhh, its not like they have bad pitchers.

Apr 17, 2016, 10:11 AM

give a little credit to their pitchers and defense. Many DP's are from balls hard hit...right at someone.

Thus has almost nothing to do with my post

Apr 17, 2016, 12:21 PM [ in reply to Re: Based loaded, 1 out, our best hitters coming up. What do they do? ]

Nobody said we had to win every game or do everything perfectly. But we've let way too many scoring opportunities go by the wayside in this series already, and it's resulted in not really being competitive in either game.

And it's not just one game: it's losing the series to Duke and not challenging UofL at all in either game we've played. Our overall record is good right now, but our conference record just isn't very impressive.

Replies: 22
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic