Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
dropping in the polls is a good thing
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1

dropping in the polls is a good thing

Oct 2, 2018, 7:10 AM

As long as we win out. anybody that's been a Clemson fan for any amount of time should know we ALWAYS play better with something to prove.

I personally love the way this season is playing out. Let Clemson keep dropping and Alabama keep being called unbeatable. Penn St and Ohio St both beat "unbeatable" Miami teams for a national championship, Texas beat USC, etc.

People always say "you don't want to be playing your best football at the beginning of the season." I don't believe any of us believe we've played anywhere close to our best game yet.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: dropping in the polls is a good thing

Oct 2, 2018, 7:11 AM

It appears that most analysts do not realize that you should never "Back a TIGER into a corner". When will they learn?

we actually got some good press on ESPN

Oct 2, 2018, 7:15 AM

I expected them to trash us a little but they gave a fair assessment of what happened Sat. Voters, however, don't watch all the games and see a 4 pt win vs Syracuse without it being in context.

Re: we actually got some good press on ESPN

Oct 2, 2018, 8:10 AM

I think AP voters had the right context. I would have dropped us to 5 or 6.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: we actually got some good press on ESPN

Oct 2, 2018, 8:39 AM [ in reply to we actually got some good press on ESPN ]

all those Syracuse alum announcers they have would have given us a tough time if we had lost though

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 2, 2018, 7:23 AM

Well said my tiger friend. Us true fans will be here 24/7/365 regardless. I'm from NC originally - came to CU during that 81 fun. Well before that fun started, I began to feel different with no explanation. Often cried when I would hear our alma mater. My family did not get it at first, but we are all tigers thru and thru. This school, these folks, they get into your blood. My blood runneth Orange, and win or lose, I stand by our teams. I've seen lean years, as many of us have, where we were thrilled to just take out the coots; it's really awesome to be here on top. Can you imagine what next year is going to be like with the younger folks having a rough and tough year of experience under their belts ?

GO TIGERS !!!!!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

those polls don't matter

Oct 2, 2018, 7:42 AM

they are used to generate income..

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Re: those polls don't matter

Oct 2, 2018, 9:02 AM

You are correct. The only poll that counts is the cfp committee’s. The coach’s and AP poll will quickly get in line with that poll when they start reporting.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 2, 2018, 9:07 AM

as of today clemson has but one single ranked team to play on their schedule....#25 NCST. in contrast UGA has 4 ranked opponents left to play. some of you tigers were giving the Dawgs hayell about our out of conference schedule....what you say now?

with such a weak schedule clemson can't recover from a loss because of the weak ACC.

Oct 2, 2018, 9:09 AM

So I guess the 2 unranked SEC teams on our schedule doesn't help?

I say now what I sad then. .it doesn't matter

Oct 2, 2018, 9:11 AM [ in reply to Re: dropping in the polls is a good thing ]

those rankings don't mean squat

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Re: I say now what I sad then. .it doesn't matter

Oct 2, 2018, 10:24 AM

Just win.
Go tigers!!!

So it’s important to not have a loss

Oct 2, 2018, 9:13 AM [ in reply to Re: dropping in the polls is a good thing ]

Our conference foes have let us down. Looking at you FSU and Louisville.
So we need to win out.
As for UGA, their opponents have stepped up this year. But seems unlikely they avoid a regular season loss. And a second loss in SECCG.

Oct 2, 2018, 9:15 AM [ in reply to Re: dropping in the polls is a good thing ]

Hey Dumass, your OOC schedule still sucks, GT is your only true power 5 OOC opponent...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 13
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic