Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
ditching cable maybe????
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 2,001

ditching cable maybe????

May 9, 2016, 2:26 PM

I'm considering ditching cable and going with something like sling tv, but I don't want to miss any Clemson games. I know you get espn with that service. Does anyone know if Clemson games that are shown on the local raycom affiliate are also streamed on the watch espn app? Any advise is welcome. Go Tigers!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

For college football fans in general, it isn't quite time to cut the cord

May 9, 2016, 2:37 PM

You'd have to pay extra for espnu, which possibly could be an issue with the Troy and SCST games.

I'm still waiting on ESPN and heck, even the UFC to follow the WWE's model with a stand alone subscription model. Me, personally, losing my dvr service would be devastating. TiVo as a stand alone unit is outrageously priced and while you can replay games on the ESPN app, you're stuck with the commercials.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: For college football fans in general, it isn't quite time to cut the cord

May 9, 2016, 3:42 PM

There is a thing called a Tablo DVR that is a pretty good DVR fyi.

March 4th 2016- "Lee won't be here 4 years from today" - Viztiz

Re: ditching cable maybe????

May 9, 2016, 2:40 PM

Get an Amazon firetv and subscribe to sportsaccess. He every game in every sport for 38$ for a 90 day subscription. All in HD

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." - Abraham Lincoln

May 9, 2016, 2:42 PM
image.jpeg(915.2 K)

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." - Abraham Lincoln

May 9, 2016, 3:49 PM

I have Sling TV and was able to see every game last year. I believe the raycom games were streamed on watch ESPN. Can't remember actually because a local affiliate in Colorado where I live carries the ACC package. It's easier to watch ACC games here than PAC 12 actually.

Also, DVR is not a big deal for me due to the fantastic work of TigerRay having the games up on YouTube right away.

$25 a month. It's wonderful to have no cable bill.

May 9, 2016, 4:36 PM

Roku and Sling are the way to go.

May 9, 2016, 4:41 PM

I ditched cable after moving in January and probably won't go back. I still have a PS3 and Amazon Fire TV Stick that can be used to stream tv, and I pay a buddy of mine a couple bucks a month to use his cable login for any websites I want to stream their shows from (ESPN, Fox, etc.) You will be able to find all of the Clemson games online via streaming sites, but I don't know about the local games that aren't on national television.

May 9, 2016, 11:17 PM

PSVue is the way to go. It has a DVR and can play on upto 5 TV's at a time. 50 channel package is 30.00 which has 2 ESPN's. 35 dollar package has 70 channels and all the ESPN channels.

Replies: 8
| visibility 2,001
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic