Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Football Update: Auburn's QB Starter against Clemson announced
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 31
| visibility 1

Football Update: Auburn's QB Starter against Clemson announced

Aug 23, 2012, 1:57 PM

Auburn's QB Starter against Clemson announced

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

did I read that right, he appeared in 10 games and threw 12

Aug 23, 2012, 2:05 PM

psses?

He was a situational type QB last year mainly running

Aug 23, 2012, 2:10 PM

zone-read type stuff.

Re: did I read that right, he appeared in 10 games and threw 12

Aug 23, 2012, 2:25 PM [ in reply to did I read that right, he appeared in 10 games and threw 12 ]

Yeah and 2 of them 12 were INT's

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 23, 2012, 9:26 PM [ in reply to did I read that right, he appeared in 10 games and threw 12 ]

hope the missing letter in psses is an a.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Aug 23, 2012, 9:55 PM [ in reply to did I read that right, he appeared in 10 games and threw 12 ]

I don't think there will be many deep threats in this game from Aubums. But there will be slants and quick dump offs with the QB always a threat to scramble for yards. I just don't see the fast paste game working in our favor in this one. I think Chad should slow this one down to give our D their need rest in a mostly run game from Aubum.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

D needs some 3-and-outs and get off the field.***

Aug 23, 2012, 11:02 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Football Update: Auburn's QB Starter against Clemson announced

Aug 23, 2012, 2:06 PM

So it looks like Auburn is going to test our ability to stop a running QB in game one. Show us a defense coach VB.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

i know the other kid has a bad shoulder, wonder how much

Aug 23, 2012, 2:10 PM

of this decision was driven by the injury and how much by awbarn's offensive game plan.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I talked to a guy who follows Auburn closely and his opinion

Aug 23, 2012, 2:15 PM

is that the job has always been Frazier's but they were trying to create competition for the position due to lack of experience.

Apparently, they're trying to be more ball controlled offensively, so he expects them to try to run the ball, zone read, etc similar to South Carolina.

I actually think the Auburn game will give us some good film

Aug 23, 2012, 2:16 PM

to study when we do play SCar. I see a lot of similarities with the exception that Auburn has no RB like Lattimore.

can't blame em'

Aug 23, 2012, 2:10 PM [ in reply to Re: Football Update: Auburn's QB Starter against Clemson announced ]

looked weak all year last season

I remember reading somewhere earlier today about Auburn

Aug 23, 2012, 2:13 PM [ in reply to Re: Football Update: Auburn's QB Starter against Clemson announced ]

practicing the zone read and that one of their O-line starters missed some of that install. My guess is this will be a large part of their running game and a lot to do with the QB pick.

Oh, and the fact the other guy has a bad shoulder right now! ;)

Yay... a running QB, just what I wanted to see our defense

Aug 23, 2012, 2:12 PM

face first.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

not sure if serious

Aug 23, 2012, 2:21 PM

Well it looks like they are hoping the Tigers can't stop a running QB.I think BV and our whole D will and have worked very hard to put this problem to rest.I know the o-line has to block but the key to a great year is for the Tigers to have a great D.I can't wait this year our D will win some games all on their own.

Someone needed to teach his Momma how to spell Kyle.***

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 23, 2012, 2:14 PM

I guess we will find our real quickly if we've fixed our problem with stopping a running QB.

Aug 23, 2012, 2:14 PM

What a shocker! Well we got a whole week to prepare. He's probably gonna be all they have in the running game too....tho they still have that McCaleb kid, who seems like he's been their for 7 years now. Maxwell knows him well lol

McCaleb is a 3rd down back, he is listed at 168 lbs***

Aug 23, 2012, 2:29 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Come get some Frazier***

Aug 23, 2012, 2:41 PM

Lateek Townsend said he is going to change their Rotation

Aug 23, 2012, 2:56 PM

around a little bit.

Make'em look like that little girl in 'The Exorcist'.***

Aug 23, 2012, 3:05 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Looks like Kelly will get some scout team reps***

Aug 23, 2012, 3:09 PM

OK. Frazier, meet Townsend. Game on.***

Aug 23, 2012, 3:12 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Screw Calford.

HE WILL RUN DEFEND THE RUN FOR THE LOVE OF GOD DEFEND THE

Aug 23, 2012, 3:13 PM

Oh well it didnt work last year .

Our LB's are going to have a field day. Did Auburn not get

Aug 23, 2012, 4:16 PM

the word that Steele was no longer our DC?

Fresh meat. Bring on LaFreak. Our Tigers are ready to

Aug 23, 2012, 4:22 PM

hit someone.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Stephone and Lateek are going to devour this poor kid.***

Aug 23, 2012, 4:33 PM

Here's The Scoop on Kiehl from 2011

Aug 23, 2012, 5:36 PM

6'2" 226lb Soph

2011 -- Played in all 13 games ... Third on team in rushing with 327 yards on 76 attempts ... Three rushing touchdowns ... 327 rushing yards is 10th most on school single-season rushing mark by a quarterback ... Was 5-of-12 passing for 34 yards and two interceptions ... Took one snap against Utah State, a trick play that resulted in a 25-yard completion from Clint Moseley to Onterio McCalebb ... Took one snap against Mississippi?State, rushing for 3 yards ... The carry was the first of his Auburn career ... Rushed three times for 30 yards against FAU ...?Also attempted the first pass of his career ... Rushed for career-best 48 yards on nine carries with a long of 22 against South?Carolina ...?Returning to the state of Arkansas for the first time, his 7-yard TD run vs. the Razorbacks with :02 left in the first quarter was the first touchdown of his career ... Earlier in the quarter, he completed his first career pass, a 14-yarder to Onterio McCalebb ... Finished the game with 13 carries for 54 yards and a seven-yard touchdown ... Completed one pass for no gain and rushed eight times for 41 yards in win over Florida ... Rushed for 31 yards on nine carries and completed 2-of-4 passes for 16 yards at LSU ... Rushed four times for 8 yards with a long carry of 7 yards in win over?Ole Miss ... Carried once for 1 yard at Georgia ... Rushed for 48 yards on four carries against Samford ... Rushed for 28 yards on eight carries with a long rush of 12 against Alabama ... Career-high 16 rushing attempts for 55 yards and two rushing touchdowns in Chick-fil-A Bowl win against Virginia ... Scored on runs of 3 and 1 yard against Cavaliers.

Re: The Scoop on Kiehl from 2011..& his Recruiting Info

Aug 23, 2012, 5:41 PM

HIGH SCHOOL -- Named USA Today's National Offensive Player of the Year ... Listed as the nation's No. 2 quarterback by ESPN.com/Scouts Inc. and the No. 47 player overall on the ESPNU 150 ... Ranked No. 4 nationally among quarterbacks by Scout.com ... Named the nation's No. 5 quarterback, the No. 2 player from the state of Arkansas and the No. 89 player nationally by Rivals.com ... Rated as the No. 4 dual threat quarterback in the nation, the No. 2 recruit from Arkansas and the No. 101 player overall nationally by 247Sports ... Ranked as the No. 2 combo passer and the No. 11 overall prospect in the MaxPreps Top 100 ... Named an All-American, the nation's No. 4 quarterback and the No. 1 recruit from Arkansas by SuperPrep and the No. 26 overall player nationally in the SuperPrep Elite 50 ... Named to the PrepStar Dream Team as the No. 100-ranked player in the nation ... Named to the Parade All-America team ... Played in the Under Armour All-American game ... Selected to play for USA Football's 2011 U.S. Under-19 National Team in the Team USA vs. the World game on Feb. 2... Ranked No. 42 in the Mobile Press-Register's Super Southeast 120 ... Named to the Orlando Sentinel's All-Southern Team as a first-team selection from Arkansas ... Led his team to Class 4A state championship each of the last three seasons, earning MVP honors all three years ... During senior season, passed for 2,975 yards and 42 touchdowns and rushed for 1,164 yards and 22 TDs.

Re: The Scoop on Kiehl from 2011..& his Recruiting Info

Aug 23, 2012, 9:36 PM

appreciate your info.,but the only meaningful stats will be the ones he has on sept.1.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Replies: 31
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic