Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Scrimmage update: Bryant excels but Cooper and Johnson "are coming"
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 24
| visibility 1

New Story: Scrimmage update: Bryant excels but Cooper and Johnson "are coming"

Aug 16, 2017, 2:31 PM

Scrimmage update: Bryant excels but Cooper and Johnson "are coming"

The Clemson football team held a situational scrimmage in Memorial Stadium Wednesday morning, and head coach Dabo Swinney said the effort was much better than in Tuesday’s practice, a practice that left him a little aggravated and frustrated. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

A lot of coach speak in there...

Aug 16, 2017, 2:48 PM

But again, I trust Dabo's judgement so I'll just sit back and watch it play out.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: A lot of coach speak in there...

Aug 16, 2017, 3:36 PM

Ya think!!!;)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Here's the thing...

Aug 16, 2017, 4:52 PM [ in reply to A lot of coach speak in there... ]

I completely trust Dabo. He's earned it...he's the freaking defending National Champion!

And this may just be coach speak...but I feel like Scott already kinda let the cat out of the bag when he said they'll find a place for Bryant if it isn't QB. Just think for a sec...do you think they would have ever said that about Watson? That may not be a fair comparison, I know, but I think it IS telling of the talent behind Bryant and who he has nipping at his heels.

I think Bryant IS the better performing QB right now. His athleticism combined with a serviceable passing game would make a lethal combo (thinking Lamar Jackson-esque). That should make any Tiger salivate at that prospect.

I guess the main thing to take away is Bryant can't stagnate or regress. If so, that opens up playing opportunities for others and may mean losing his starting role. And if that happens, he's probably going to play another position or transfer. He's going to want to see the field in some manner.

Re: Here's the thing...

Aug 16, 2017, 8:45 PM

He's got nowhere near the talent of Jackson let's not get crazy

Aug 16, 2017, 9:30 PM

Neither you or me know his ceiling. If his passing improves dramatically from the Spring game, then yes....I think he has something that can't be coached. That kind of jaw dropping athleticism that isn't common among QBs. I'm not claiming he'll be the next LJ, but I'm also not gonna say he can't play a similar style game.

Aug 17, 2017, 2:17 AM [ in reply to Re: Here's the thing... ]

No where near the talent? I can't believe I just read that. I think he is just as athletic as Lamar, and Bigger too. It won't be hard to be just as good of a passer as Jackson. Look at his passing stats last year.

defense is going to have to win games this year

Aug 16, 2017, 2:53 PM

bryant isnt going to beat many with his arm..thats a simple fact

Re: defense is going to have to win games this year

Aug 16, 2017, 2:57 PM

THATS A FACT HUH. LET ME GUESS. YOU HAVE BEEN TO EVERY PRACTICE OR YOU ARE NOSTRADUMBASS. WHICH ONE IS IT.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hey ...

Aug 16, 2017, 3:00 PM

deroberts are your seats in the same place this season? You sitting a few rows below the press box?

badge-seniorwriter.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Hey ...

Aug 16, 2017, 3:01 PM

YEP, SAME SPOT. I WILL NEVER GIVE UP THEM SEATS. LOVE THE OVERHANG. AND GET TO BE NEAR HOOD, STEELE AND WILLIAMS

Aug 16, 2017, 3:07 PM

Larry and Nikki I understand. But me???

badge-seniorwriter.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 16, 2017, 3:11 PM

YES YOU. YOU DO NOT DENIGRATE ME FOR MY ALL CAPS. LOL

Aug 16, 2017, 4:54 PM [ in reply to Re: Hey ... ]

@davidhood® Does he yell at the top the top of his lungs at all times in person too? J/K @deroberts

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 16, 2017, 3:03 PM [ in reply to Re: defense is going to have to win games this year ]

Yeah interesting fact. I actually expect opposing defenses to be terrified of our veteran OL and Kelly's running ability. I expect Bryant to be hitting a lot of wide open receivers off run pass options.

Aug 16, 2017, 3:03 PM [ in reply to defense is going to have to win games this year ]

Sorry, it's not a "simple fact". Some people are better seen and not heard.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Your opinion, not fact.

Aug 16, 2017, 3:06 PM [ in reply to defense is going to have to win games this year ]

SMDH

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Aug 16, 2017, 3:14 PM [ in reply to defense is going to have to win games this year ]

What must Dabo do to prove to you he knows what he is doing? Maybe if he could win a national championship you could trust he is making decisions in the best interest of the program.

Aug 16, 2017, 3:20 PM [ in reply to defense is going to have to win games this year ]

Shocking that you are too stupid to know the difference between fact and opinion.

March 4th 2016- "Lee won't be here 4 years from today" - Viztiz

Aug 16, 2017, 3:22 PM [ in reply to defense is going to have to win games this year ]

It's amazing how an article can have a quote from Dabo praising Kelly, but in the comment section of said article people's comments are trashing him.

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

Just tgrfan, not the rest of us***

Aug 16, 2017, 3:37 PM

Aug 16, 2017, 4:49 PM [ in reply to defense is going to have to win games this year ]

Let me guess, you've been at all the practices right? Or are you just trying to read into Dabo's words, take them out of context and assume things based on some kind of special intuition that you want to make us believe you have? It's the wrong time of year for assumptions like this.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 16, 2017, 4:50 PM [ in reply to defense is going to have to win games this year ]

You may be correct. But he can run. And I seem to recall a running qb not too long ago winning a Heistman. :)

Don't fret - It's Wed. On Wednesdays all of the coaches

Aug 16, 2017, 5:38 PM [ in reply to defense is going to have to win games this year ]

and coordinators come on to T'net to find out where the players really stand.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: Scrimmage update: Bryant excels but Cooper and Johnson "are coming"

Aug 16, 2017, 5:17 PM

It's good the O came around today. It's gotta be tough going against the 1s or even 2s, maybe 3s. KB must be a viable pass threat for us to be successful against some of the teams we play this year, else they load the box.

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 24
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic