Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Not that anyone cares but I went finally..........
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 40
| visibility 1

Not that anyone cares but I went finally..........

Oct 23, 2018, 6:10 PM

went to the doc for the first time in 6 years. But you folks are familia. Daniela was very nice and yeah. (no pigs)

X-Rays and nothing broken in the ankle, whew! She said how in heck have you walked on that for 2 months.

Cliff Notes is she said you have the worst arthritis I've ever seen in an ankle. She gave me something for the swelling and pain. Took blood and she said maybe more meds coming tomorrow.

Her and the nurse took my BP 5 times because it was 200 over whatever. I told them it's White Coat Syndrome.

Lets put you on BP meds. Nope, I will get my nurse to monitor it and let you know in a month and go from there.

We shall see.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_nascar_champ.gifringofhonor-celti_tiger-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

some of them arthur itis meds can be dangerous***

Oct 23, 2018, 6:16 PM

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Gee thks henry ;) ******

Oct 23, 2018, 6:24 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_nascar_champ.gifringofhonor-celti_tiger-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

don't get hooked on opioids. You my homie.

Oct 23, 2018, 6:21 PM

It's a short trip from legit pain pills to being dead like Prince on fentanyl.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No opioids Ese, thks. Just 1000 MG of Tylenol. ******

Oct 23, 2018, 6:26 PM

Yo, if you're going to be on them long-term, look into a

Oct 23, 2018, 10:37 PM

good Cox-2 inhibitor like Celebrex. Similar pain relief to Tylenol/Advil, not addictive like those as well, but much-much milder on your stomach. You stay on that much Tylenol for long, you're a great candidate for a GI bleed.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

oh yeah, generic name is celecoxib.

Oct 23, 2018, 10:39 PM

Chocolate will know about it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

ooops, one more mother hen comment on the topic.

Oct 23, 2018, 10:44 PM

Combining alcohol and acetaminophen over the long term is a nightmare for your liver. Seriously, be careful....I'd 86 the Tequila shots while on the Acetaminophen.

Re: ooops, one more mother hen comment on the topic.

Oct 24, 2018, 9:33 AM

celtic_tiger®

Yeah I know and I asked her about that. She said take......

Oct 24, 2018, 9:58 AM [ in reply to ooops, one more mother hen comment on the topic. ]

the Tylenol for as week then ditch it take Ibuprofen.

not as much of a threat to your liver, true, but still puts

Oct 24, 2018, 10:06 AM

you at a much higher risk of an ulcer.

Tylenol can wreck your liver. Just sayin'...***

Oct 24, 2018, 8:01 AM [ in reply to Yo, if you're going to be on them long-term, look into a ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Did the tests reveal what your abv is?

Oct 23, 2018, 6:25 PM

;)

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-beeksteak-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

LOL. *****

Oct 23, 2018, 6:27 PM

Did your blood test report

Oct 23, 2018, 7:05 PM

that your blood is actually 75% IPA?
Because it probably is.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hope you get some relief soon

Oct 23, 2018, 7:10 PM

High gravity is hard on the joints ??

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-cu85tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov
Panta Rhei Heraclitus

You sound old...

Oct 23, 2018, 7:32 PM

;)

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm not zett ;) ***

Oct 23, 2018, 7:35 PM

zettner

You ain't no cub neither.***

Oct 24, 2018, 7:59 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Getting older only gets better, trust me.***

Oct 23, 2018, 8:44 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Told you to make a beer joke.***

Oct 23, 2018, 9:05 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Told you to make a beer joke.***

Oct 23, 2018, 10:52 PM

https://www.tigernet.com/forum/message/I-got-a-girl-whos-interested-24303988

I am honored by this rare appearance.

Oct 24, 2018, 8:52 AM [ in reply to Getting older only gets better, trust me.*** ]

Re: BP

Oct 23, 2018, 9:23 PM

Mine gets up when I've been drinking coffee. Down after exercise.

Play with a cuff sometimes and deep breathing and relaxation can knock 5 pts. off in few minutes. Tips for the elderly ??

And drink plenty of water.

Oct 24, 2018, 4:51 AM

Mine is always high at doc. I take mine at night relaxed and it is much better. BUT don't mess around with high BP. Meds can be your friend.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-fatherg-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Two months, that should do it.

Oct 24, 2018, 7:58 AM

We do care about you, you moron. Blood pressure will destroy your heart. God ###### what's wrong with the younger generation. Generation after generation we watched our parents abuse the good grace of God by ignoring warning signs given by all this fantastic medical facility He's blessed us with and allow blood pressure to kill them.

My ex GF's 62 yr/old mother visited a doctor who commented on the broken blood vessels in her ear. It seems that neither she nor the doctor cared that her blood pressure was hovering in the 160/88 range. Within the next two months she passed out while tending to a couple grandchildren. She ended up in UT hospital via airlift from Crossville, TN.

They admitted her and tapped her skull to drain the blood which had seeped from broken vessels in her brain. They leveled the drain tube so it wouldn't siphon and drain too much of the vital fluids which protect the brain. No one ever explained anything except that she was in critical condition.

Kim and I sat in the critical care waiting room for the next six weeks being able to see her mother only once a day but patiently waiting for good news about some recovery delusion Kim had. I couldn't tell her what that clear liquid running from her mother's skull was or describe the effects of losing it would have on the stupid old woman's brain. The whole thing was a farce. You know what the pink liquid draining contained. You're an educated man.

The old woman never regained consciousness. After six weeks in critical they sent her to a wing of the hospital for terminal stage of her condition. She gained over 65lbs because she'd gotten a staff infection from the breathing tube in her throat and the antibiotics had destroyed her liver.

You eat like an injun brave preparing for a war party and drink beer with high alcoholic content nearly every day. Welcome to TBND, or as we call it the brotherhood of the nearly departed.

I pitched a fit about some cheap knockoff medication that raised my BP 25+ points, spent a ton of my money on doctor's visits and nearly got thrown out of the CVS pharmacy trying to communicate with those 'cover your ### summbiches,' because they didn't warn me that my BP medication was recalled and you have the balls to let your blood pressure reach the heart attack level without doing something about it?

How the #### do you thing I got in this condition? 8 heart attacks, two surgeries 1/3rd of my heart capacity destroyed before this knuckleheaded sumbich realized he isn't 10 feet tall and bullet proof. I'm so upset I could cry. Helll, I might before this is over.

Take the meds. Lay off the booze and eat a salad with low sodium dressing and for the sake of those who love you drink enough water to wash some of that salt out of your body. Pardon the language and forgive the rage. It's all out of concern for you, brother. BP is just like a black mamba. It crawls around day and night waiting to strike. Deep down you know you should have killed it instead of bringing it home but you figure you can get the antivenin quick enough to survive getting bitten one time. You know that most people who let the first strike go without treatment die but you figure you're one of the lucky ones.

You are. The slithering mass of death has made it's first strike. Well maybe, maybe it's the first time you've noticed it. One more time dropping your guard and you'll be over here with me piddling with this old car trying to regain a bit of dignity because you've let your ego overwhelm good judgement.

Buy a monitor, check it daily and take my advise. Doctors are good but few of them have first hand experiences like mine, experiences which rattle your brain and destroy your life.

Call the Dr and get a s-cript of diovan or valsartan. Ask her to add some HTC, (hydrochlorothiazide) maybe 12.5mg to start. That will lower your BP and make you thirsty for water. Drink plenty and watch your electrolytes.

Lay off the booze and you'll probably be able to eat what you want. The water will take care of the salt if you drink enough of it.

Tell the people you work with that you aren't qualified to solve their personal problems. You can't handle the liability or something. Get out of the drama and duck when they start slinging chit. Avoid social situations which cause tension.

Kick back and watch Clemson win a NC trophy with a true freshman behind center and I'll put you on my prayer list.

Lay off the booze, go total freak and never come in here again with that 'Not that anyone cares,' chit.

Oh, yeah, one last thing. Please accept my apology for being an overbearing, know it all, ############ with a father complex which manifest itself when someone here is about to repeat one of the mistakes I made. If I didn't care, I wouldn't care.

White coat syndrome my asz.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

daaaaaaayum!!! sh*t got real up in here.***

Oct 24, 2018, 8:03 AM

But the first point I agree with, we do care ese. Don't

Oct 24, 2018, 8:04 AM

flatline on us. I don't want to only hear from you on the Dia de los Muertos.

Go silent into the night?

Oct 24, 2018, 8:14 AM

They be draggin me out by the feet while I'm kicking and grabbing on something to hold on to.

Re: daaaaaaayum!!! sh*t got real up in here.******

Oct 24, 2018, 8:28 AM [ in reply to daaaaaaayum!!! sh*t got real up in here.*** ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thanks ******

Oct 24, 2018, 8:05 AM [ in reply to Two months, that should do it. ]

Re: Thanks ******

Oct 24, 2018, 9:42 AM

I hope you understand that my contact with others is limited by my situation. I tried to express my concern with a reply which reflected my passion toward the good Tiger family here in the lunge. I apologize for going overboard but as being one who has seen his BP 205/102 and knowing I could have blown a coolant line to my brain I freaked when you dismissed the warning.

I was enjoying the good life like any reasonable alcoholic should until I saw the light. I drank a few beers every day and got wasted at least once a week. It was fun but it wasn't that much fun. I ate steak, potatoes and homemade mac pie and drank fine wines then beer until bedtime until I got woke to reality.

I ran through the stop signs and red lights of life and laughed at the yellow, I crossed the double lines too many times to get through life a little quicker and barely lived to tell about it. I have to speak out. Silence makes me culpable. This place is fun til it ain't fun no more.

Wish you would stop holding back in your posts!***

Oct 24, 2018, 8:48 AM [ in reply to Two months, that should do it. ]

tl;dr

Oct 24, 2018, 8:49 AM [ in reply to Two months, that should do it. ]

and after the comments, I'm afraid to read it. I might resemble those remarks a bit!

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You lie...

Oct 24, 2018, 9:44 AM

in bed and think about my ugly condescending comments tonight and remember I apologized to you too. Sorry, the truth might leave a mark on you but I'm just praying you won't bear the scars that I sport.

Re: You lie...

Oct 24, 2018, 10:07 AM

My BP is normally 115/60ish. Still haven't read your post but I'll get to it.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He speaks the truth

Oct 24, 2018, 9:00 AM [ in reply to Two months, that should do it. ]

Don’t play with BP

And from someone who’s had both feet fused due to arthritis, do whatever you have to do to make that better. Meds, braces, witchcraft or surgery.

I saw the doc back in February

Oct 24, 2018, 10:31 AM [ in reply to Two months, that should do it. ]

was a pretty stressful time in my life. Check my blood pressure about 10 times. Told me to lay down in a dark room. Checked again.

worst was 180/125 was told they were worried about me having a stroke. Went on BP meds, in the 110-125/80-85 range now. Also, quit coaching at the place I was. Started to gives zero effs on anything not related to my family.

ClemsonTiger1988® got my attention again

Cutting way back on sodium intake and way back on drinking.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If you not showing at Mellow Mushroom is causing...

Oct 24, 2018, 10:53 AM

you to have heavy regret and be deeply ashamed (which it should be). I forgive you!

We care.

Oct 24, 2018, 10:01 AM

Take care of yourself.

We care.

Oct 24, 2018, 10:01 AM

Take care of yourself.

Replies: 40
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive