Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
criticism of being in the gun is fair... but outside of that
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1

criticism of being in the gun is fair... but outside of that

Sep 21, 2014, 9:33 AM

I don't really see how you can throw CM under the bus. He called a really good game, with a true freshman QB, against #1, against possibly the best defense in cfb, on the road.

He got us in scoring positions. We had Leggett wide open on the first series. We found a way to run against them. We went downfield.

Again, bring critical of being in the gun is perfectly acceptable. But CM did not lose this game.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."

Re: criticism of being in the gun is fair... but outside of that

Sep 21, 2014, 9:38 AM

yeah -- great game called.

4th and 1 in OT...who in all of the US didn't know Clemson was going to run OT. This is what we pay him $1MM for? How about play action with all FSU bunched at the line?

This is why we are Clemson.....coaching

Stupid answer

Sep 21, 2014, 9:41 AM

Mark Richt was criticized for making the exact call you just said to do. Running it was the better decision in that scenario. Was is the right running play? Perhaps not

Clemson

I didn't realize that the take-away from that game was going

Sep 21, 2014, 9:39 AM

to be that CM now sucks and he's holding Dabo back.

There were a couple strange play calls and the offense definately looks slower and more conservative this year. But that may be because of experience of the personel.

If we're going to throw any coaches under the bus, the first in line needs to be Pearman. Special teams and TE play have been lacking in the two games that matter this season.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

"I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."

Re: I didn't realize that the take-away from that game was going

Sep 21, 2014, 9:48 AM

Pearman is god awful. I'm talking Lorenzo Ward god awful. Chad called plays good enough to get us in position to win. At the end of the day, players have got to execute. The bright side, lots of true freshman on the field last night that played a good game in adverse environment.

I don't think DW is comfortable under center.

Sep 21, 2014, 9:40 AM

You kiddin about who Tnetters can throw under the bus?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 21, 2014, 9:48 AM

york: clearly you are one of the older Tiger fans. Chad Morris and the lack of a package for short yardage is simply not defensible. If they weren't comfortable with Watson under center was there a rule against putting Cole in again specifically for the goal line play?
Clemson will not get to its supposed goals under a coaching staff that consistently chokes and folds under pressure. Sorry that you can't see that but it is absolutely true. Do you think Bama, or Auburn or the Coots would have had the same approach on the goal line situation?
The major issue I see is that some recruits may look at our performance and decide--no way I go there. It was perfectly clear that Watson was the QB and he should have started. I'm sure Cole is a nice, young man but he is not a high level Division 1 QB.
So if you like losing to the Coots and giving games away stay with Morris and to a degree Dabo. Thety show absolutely no signs of "learning"!

Sep 21, 2014, 9:53 AM

Clearly you are one of the younger tiger fans that didn't have to sit and watch Hatfield, West, and Bowden teams look really bad not just in big games, but most of them. I'm not saying every play call was great, but these so called big time coaches don't win when the players don't execute. (see LSU last night for example)

To address your "Do you think these teams would have lost?"

Sep 21, 2014, 9:54 AM [ in reply to Re: criticism of being in the gun is fair... but outside of that ]

line.

Those specific teams you named have a better running game, and have a different set of skill players and defense. I'd like to see any other team go to OT on the road vs. FSU. Then maybe we can check. But that's a bit much to say good running teams wouldn't have not gotten a 4th and 1...because you're right, they would have with their players.

Clemson

Re: To address your "Do you think these teams would have lost?"

Sep 21, 2014, 10:31 AM

CUGrad: I wasn't as upset with the 4th and one near the end as I was with the first and goal on the 6 inch line! Not having a goal line short yardage package in the tool box is like me saying: I'm sorry we don't have a power play in ice hockey!
Chad may know 100 times more an I or others on here but let me say this; He may know more but he sure as heck can't show it much less get it across!

Sep 21, 2014, 9:50 AM

Look guy. It is very FAIR to question Chad...

the guy knows more about football than you and I put together...but let me tell you this. I don't have to be a chef to tell you if the food taste good.

Some times his play calling looks odd

i haven't recently, but i completely agree with you here.***

Sep 21, 2014, 9:53 AM

Re: i haven't recently, but i completely agree with you here.***

Sep 21, 2014, 10:34 AM

pheebo: thank you. We have a coaching problem and it is as plain as the day. Coach V gets it but he was at a major program OU. I think Dabo partially gets it but does not act like the CEO of a company and overrule where he disagrees. I believe Chad is a nice guy, lots of knowledge but translating that to wins is a whole different matter. And at this point he is simply unable to do so

Replies: 12
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic