»
Topic: bryant hasnt progressed one bit
Replies: 10   Last Post: Apr 14, 2018 3:08 PM by: ctigers_fan
This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.

[ Archives - Tiger Boards Archive ]
Start New Topic
Replies: 10  

bryant hasnt progressed one bit

Posted: Apr 14, 2018 2:52 PM

d

come on dude

Posted: Apr 14, 2018 2:53 PM

it's still early..and it's the spring game.

Re: come on dude

[1]
Posted: Apr 14, 2018 2:56 PM

Yea, real DA post there

Posted: Apr 14, 2018 2:56 PM

Yea, it's the Spring Game, it's two series, and it's a scenario where 75% of Bryant's threat is gone. He's not a pocket passer, and is an average thrower. He's effective because of his legs, and in a game where he's not able to run, it's obviously going to work heavily against him.

so wait you are saying a qb doesnt look good

Posted: Apr 14, 2018 2:58 PM

because he isnt allowed to run? perhaps he should be able to pass..aka a big flaw in our offense last year

Re: so wait you are saying a qb doesnt look good

Posted: Apr 14, 2018 3:05 PM

I don't disagree. I thought Bryant's passing ability limited our offense last year. However we can't really get the full scope of Bryant's progress without him being able to run. We run a spread offense which utilizes the QBs legs a lot. It's a part of the game.

Of course while I was typing that, he has another rough series throwing the ball. It's definitely not a good start for him. He's missing wide open receivers.

[1]
Posted: Apr 14, 2018 2:59 PM

Bryant is allowed to run he just can't be tackled

Posted: Apr 14, 2018 3:02 PM

Yes, but they don't call the same plays because it's touch for the QBs. I should have phrased it differently. My bad.

[2]
Posted: Apr 14, 2018 3:03 PM

Well this is a perfect example of what Bama did. They took away the run and forced KB to throw. So today KB has to show he can win by throwing.

2020 student level membermilitary_donation.jpg

Posted: Apr 14, 2018 3:07 PM

Good point. Fortunately we don't have to play Bama every week, so he can be effective...but we are at the level now where that's a legit concern and we can't be satisfied with a QB who's only going to be able to win the ACC.

[1]
Posted: Apr 14, 2018 3:08 PM

Sounds like what Alabama did to Clemson and Bryant last season. Take away his running ability and watch him fold like a cheap tent. You can't win big boy football games with a running QB who can't throw. The QB is supposed to be able to throw down field if I'm correct.

Both HJ and TL are in a different league throwing the ball. HJ has shown some excellent pinpoint accuracy so far. TL is the real deal, but HJ is to.

Replies: 10  

TIGER TICKETS

FB GAME: Season Tickets
FOR SALE: 4 tickets on 30 yd line in Sec N row X asking 1275 each , half down for deposit and balance due in ...

Buy or Sell CU Tickets and More in Tiger Tickets!

[ Archives - Tiger Boards Archive ]
Start New Topic
1460 people have read this post