Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Breaking: Judge Nullifies Tom Brady's 4 game suspension
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1

Breaking: Judge Nullifies Tom Brady's 4 game suspension

Sep 3, 2015, 10:40 AM

http://espn.go.com/boston/nfl/story/_/id/13570716/tom-brady-new-england-patriots-wins-appeal-nfl-deflategate

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best Is The Standard

Good

Sep 3, 2015, 10:44 AM

Brady was probably guilty, but I was getting really tired of dictator Goodell always doing whatever he wants with no consequences.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Blame the Union for giving him those powers

Sep 3, 2015, 10:50 AM

no other commissioner had that level of authority before. The NFLPA agreed to it granting him the ability to be judge, jury and executioner.

The NFL won't stop with this one. It will go as far as they can take it. And the NBA, MLB, and NHL will be behind them all the way. This ruling fundamentally alters how the league can discipline and how they interact with their players unions.

The next CBA negotiations will be interesting

Sep 3, 2015, 11:34 AM

I wouldn't be even a little surprised to see a strike or a lockout.

But yes, I also think Goodell is a power hungry small man***

Sep 3, 2015, 10:50 AM [ in reply to Good ]

Re: Breaking: Judge Nullifies Tom Brady's 4 game suspension

Sep 3, 2015, 10:57 AM

Thank GOD. What an important issue to be settled in the courts. At least there aren't any real issues the courts should be addressing now.

cheaters always win in the modern, real world....

Sep 3, 2015, 11:01 AM

because they've got cheatin' friends in high places.

The sad fact of all this is that putting an under-pressurized ball in the hands of a pro QB or WR would be like

putting scissors in the hands of a surgeon when he asked for a scalpel -

he'd know it was wrong immediately just from the feel of it.

Or if you don't believe that then just try to give a child an under-inflated balloon....

The state of the so-called "justice system" in this country is to say that there is no justice anymore...

we wee better off in the wild West - at least then we could use our 6-shooters.

Re: cheaters always win in the modern, real world....

Sep 3, 2015, 11:02 AM

hahahaha could you be more wrong? Keep going, this could be really funny.

Re: cheaters always win in the modern, real world....

Sep 3, 2015, 11:07 AM

Right on...even if something was wrong on with those footballs, 99.99% of the world would have seen no difference just by touch alone. This whole thing is nothing but a witch hunt

In the game in question, Brady's stats were better

Sep 3, 2015, 11:13 AM [ in reply to cheaters always win in the modern, real world.... ]

in the second half with "properly" inflated footballs than in the first half with the "under inflated" ones. The NFL had no case, the judge just confirmed this.

Re: Breaking: Judge Nullifies Tom Brady's 4 game suspension

Sep 3, 2015, 11:12 AM

Thank god. Justice was served here. Regardless of what you think happened, any reasonable person should be able to recognize that nothing the NFL did with the Wells Report or otherwise was intended to "discover" what happened in the AFC Championship game. Everything that they did, from how they edited the Wells Report before it was released to the public, to the "anonymous" leaks which were constantly being sent out from the NFL Office with 100% incorrect information. Seriously, there wasn't a single leak that was accurate, and every single leak crucified the Pats' position.

Do I think something happened? Yea, probably. Do I think Brady directed them to deflate the footballs? I have no clue...and there was no proof he said anything to that effect, which is why it was such an insane decision to suspend him in the first place. The problem with the situation is everyone who isn't a Pats fan hates the Patriots, so any punishment against the organization is celebrated without caring that the NFL had zero proof and was steamrolling any form of process...thus opening up the ability to punish your favorite player/organization with impunity.

Also, can you believe that this investigation of a few decimals of PSI lasted longer than the entire NFL season?

Does this mean this story will be off my TV now?***

Sep 3, 2015, 11:16 AM

Re: Does this mean this story will be off my TV now?***

Sep 3, 2015, 11:25 AM

Hopefully

Careful wagering on NE - could be officiating calls will be

Sep 3, 2015, 11:26 AM

ever so slightly influenced.

Still a lot of interpretation in calls - offensive holding, defensive holding, PI etc.

The other 30 owners have got to be pissed.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Careful wagering on NE - could be officiating calls will be

Sep 3, 2015, 11:48 AM

FWIW, the officials union is totally separate from the NFL front office and their union had a very bitter lockout with the league two years ago (remember the replacement refs fiasco?). I don't think they're going to want to do the league any favors, so I don't expect this will affect penalty calls much, if at all.

And so it begins. Greg Hardy considering appeal***

Sep 3, 2015, 12:09 PM

Not a Pats or Brady fan....

Sep 3, 2015, 1:14 PM

but this whole deal was overblown. They should have taken a 3rd round draft choice, fined the Pats, and just changed how the footballs are taken care of before the game and until the game is over. This isn't good for the game. They turned it into a spectacle.

Replies: 16
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic