Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Has Dabo's sales pitch in recruiting peaked?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 55
| visibility 1

Has Dabo's sales pitch in recruiting peaked?

Dec 12, 2012, 9:12 AM

Used to be we get kids and moms on campus, and they're basically a lock.

I know Dabo has been telling kids "not to commit" until they're done w/ visits, etc.

But kinda get this sense we're flaming out in recruiting:

- Isaac McDonald (LB) outta FL...big fall out w/ his coach

- RN (and his little buddy)..big fall out w/ his mama

- E. Daniels... stopped recruiting, speculate all you want

- Demarcus Robinson... seems like he's 50-50 at best

- couldn't flip Tramel Terry (seemed destined to us)

- couldn't convince Kendall Fuller

- cooled on Mackensie Alexander (my spec b/c Korin Wiggins - Will Likely - Adrian Baker were not top targets but have now tried to get re involved with them)

- Mt. Adams is 25% b/t Clem-Fl-UGA-Aub, giving the hometown team the nod...just haven't closed the deal

- never got a chance w/ Michael Hill or Greg Gilmore

- Gardner-Sumner is looking around

- even freaking Ryan Jenkins "isn't sure" and he's got blood lines on campus

Folks, HAVEN'T GOTTEN A COMMIT SINCE AUGUST. JUST SEEMS LIKE THE SALES PITCH HE'S USING HAS WORN OFF.

I think the answer is new blood....and flame away, but Trooper Taylor in all his NCAA investigation glory is sitting out there and if we could accept his baggage, would be a HUGE coup in basically salvaging this class w/ Adams and Lawson.

Let's face it, Dabo is 2 bad yrs away from being fired (any coach today is, ask auburn)....can Dabo afford to let this class sputter?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think the milk in your Corn Flakes this morning is yellow!***

Dec 12, 2012, 9:14 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Tiger/Terrier

can't argue the facts***

Dec 12, 2012, 9:17 AM

Re: can't argue the facts***

Dec 12, 2012, 9:37 AM

Tyrone Crowder down to UGA and Clemson with Clemson leading by all accounts.

Baker seems to be Clemson's to lose even though he is committed to FSU.

North got back into with him after he claimed to have dropped us because of a crowded receiving core.

Carl Lawson got back into it with him after we stopped recruiting him because we were full at DE.

Ogundeko is Clemson's to lose after getting in on him late because we were full at DE.

Wow seems like things are just fine. I can take the negative of any situation and exaggerate it to make it look like the end of the world. All recruiting slows down this time of year. If a players hasn't decided they are waiting for All-Star games or NSD.

null

Dec 12, 2012, 9:43 AM [ in reply to can't argue the facts*** ]

The facts are that the class has not signed yet and will not until Feb 2013. Step away from the ledge and calm down. We will have another top 20 class signed and sealed in Feb and that is pretty good for any school. We will lose some but we always seem to add acouple on signing day. So sit back and relax and enjoy the bowl game.

have to wonder if beating the coots woulda helped...

Dec 12, 2012, 10:04 AM

terry woulda come our way
coulda make a big sales pitch to adams
still think crowder is ours
lawson was at that game....woulda been huge.

I don't think it had much effect

Dec 12, 2012, 11:08 AM

They saw the atmosphere in the stadium. Had we won Dabo would say "We have 21 wins in the last two seasons, come aboard and help us get to the mountaintop." But we lost so all Dabo has to say is "We've won 20 games the last two seasons but we still have room to improve so come and help us out right away."

Dec 12, 2012, 10:23 AM [ in reply to can't argue the facts*** ]

and every other school in America could say exactly the same thing..... "we thought we had this guy, but we didn't get him....... he seemed like a lock to us...... I thought he was leaning our way....."

gees, you people need to be in the next "Ringer" movie...

If you actually had facts then maybe that would be true***

Dec 12, 2012, 11:06 AM [ in reply to can't argue the facts*** ]

What facts aren't true??***

Dec 12, 2012, 8:04 PM

Dec 12, 2012, 6:22 PM [ in reply to can't argue the facts*** ]

What "facts?" All you provided is a bunch of conjecture, not facts and you tainted what you did provide to support your conjecture, pure and simple. You are obviously one of the Dabo haters who will do anything to find a way to knock him.
It is actually rather pitiful on your part.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Dang***

Dec 12, 2012, 5:04 PM [ in reply to I think the milk in your Corn Flakes this morning is yellow!*** ]

No. He better pull it together or

Dec 12, 2012, 9:15 AM

He will b let go IMO in a cple years. It's crunch time

Pull what together Bubba? Two divisional championships, one

Conference championships 2 ten win seasons--tremendous graduation rate--no problems with the NCAA! Pull what together exactly?

Yeah, but he accomplished all this playing in the.......

Dec 12, 2012, 5:27 PM

"Little Sisters of the Poor" conference. He'd have been about 50/50 in a real football conference.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Yeah, but he accomplished all this playing in the.......

Dec 12, 2012, 6:30 PM

I'm so tired of seeing this silly BS. He played the schedule he had and won. There are plenty of examples of coaches who didn't. Look at what happened at VT this year, when they were supposed to have a really great defense. They played against that same weak conference schedule. It's really easy for any team to lose games they should win, look at NCSt beating FSU.
Give it a rest.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: No. He better pull it together or

Dec 12, 2012, 6:26 PM [ in reply to No. He better pull it together or ]

Pull it together??? How many 10 wins coaches have been fires in the last 10 years? Oh, not just 10 wins but 10 wins 2 years in a row. Don't give me that weak ACC BS. Tommy Bowden played the weak ACC schedule and lost many games that should have been won. At least Dabo wins the ones he supposed to win.

If there's one thing I'm NOT worried about with Dabo, it's

Dec 12, 2012, 9:15 AM

recruiting. He hasn't suddenly forgotten how to recruit. When all is said and done, we'll have an excellent class.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

hope he has a plan.... but seems like we're missing...

on a ton more than we're use to

We're not missing on a "ton" more than we used to...

Dec 12, 2012, 9:39 AM

Look at out current class ranking. It is on par for us - which is a good thing! We got a ton of early commits this year!

In general, if a commit hasn't committed to a team by now, that means they're probably waiting 'til signing day. All our remaining targets are "wait & see." But if you compare this year to the last 5, I don't see where you see us slipping...

just use to getting everybody!***

Dec 12, 2012, 10:01 AM

I don't know where you've been

Dec 12, 2012, 11:10 AM

but since when have we ever gotten everybody. The closest thing I can remember was 2010 and even then we didn't get everyone we were in for. Think about the number of big-time prospects that were considering Clemson even 5 years ago and think about that number now. It takes a while to build that kind of foundation.

Re: hope he has a plan.... but seems like we're missing...

Dec 12, 2012, 6:31 PM [ in reply to hope he has a plan.... but seems like we're missing... ]

He hasn't missed on anything yet. We haven't even reached singing day. Wait until the fat lady sings before you start crying. Instead of all the negative BS, try being pleased about all the good news.

No.

Dec 12, 2012, 9:19 AM

But thanks for posting.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well let's see...

Dec 12, 2012, 9:29 AM

Here's my thoughts, first and foremost Dabo is now the head coach and he has other responsibilities. Jeff Scott is doing a great job. Dabo is pretty much brought in now to seal the deal. Losing Coach Cheese hurts now but we will be ok in the long run. CU has a model for what type player they want at Clemson. I believe what they are doing will work.

Isaac McDonald (LB) outta FL...big fall out w/ his coach - not familiar with him

RN (and his little buddy)..big fall out w/ his mama - can't blame anyone on CU staff for RN. His mom is to blame for pretty much everything.

E. Daniels... stopped recruiting, speculate all you want - lots of red flags like visiting Marshall for crying out loud.

Demarcus Robinson... seems like he's 50-50 at best - IMO he's flipping because Nuk is probably coming back.

couldn't flip Tramel Terry (seemed destined to us) - Tramel wasn't ever going to flip.

couldn't convince Kendall Fuller - too much family pressure

cooled on Mackensie Alexander (my spec b/c Korin Wiggins - Will Likely - Adrian Baker were not top targets but have now tried to get re involved with them) - where there's smoke there's fire. Kid changes his mind daily.

Mt. Adams is 25% b/t Clem-Fl-UGA-Aub, giving the hometown team the nod...just haven't closed the deal - Unfortunately UGA will swoop in and get him. Auburn may get back in play but I doubt it. Kid loves the attention don't let his quiet demeanor fool you.

never got a chance w/ Michael Hill or Greg Gilmore

Gardner-Sumner is looking around - kid has another year of HS school.

even freaking Ryan Jenkins "isn't sure" and he's got blood lines on campus - he's not going anywhere else.

Yes, because our board was always filled with 4 star recruit***

Dec 12, 2012, 9:23 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why are so many USCheat players decommitting ?***

Dec 12, 2012, 9:23 AM

Because Spurrier ruins players knees***

Dec 12, 2012, 9:29 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wait a minute. We currently has 12 **** recruits committed

Dec 12, 2012, 9:35 AM

and all of a sudden things are falling apart? Do I need to check my meter? Either you posted this as sarcasm, or you are too stupid to live. Which is it?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

MauldinT, where are you???

yes, yes we has***

Dec 12, 2012, 9:37 AM

Lol...oops***

Dec 12, 2012, 9:38 AM

MauldinT, where are you???

Re: Wait a minute. We currently has 12 **** recruits committed

Dec 12, 2012, 9:43 AM [ in reply to Wait a minute. We currently has 12 **** recruits committed ]

I'm still rolling on the floor from this post. Dabo is slipping because we only have 12 4* committed. What will you say when we finish out with 14 4* and 2 5*? Dabo needs to be fired???? Oh my god, this is so funny. THANK YOU FOR THE GOOD LAUGH THIS MORNING.
If someone is slipping, go check out the ##### recruit class. That is where this post should be posted.

Re: Wait a minute. We currently has 12 **** recruits committed

Dec 12, 2012, 6:36 PM

Well, the coots are obviously slipping badly, judging from all the decommits but I think it is the person who wrote this original comment who is slipping, not Dabo.

BAM! Hammer, meet nail.***

Dec 12, 2012, 9:49 AM [ in reply to Wait a minute. We currently has 12 **** recruits committed ]

Clemson recruiting is going just fine. Sincerely, D. robinsi***

Dec 12, 2012, 8:05 PM [ in reply to Wait a minute. We currently has 12 **** recruits committed ]

Top 15 class

Dec 12, 2012, 9:39 AM

We have a top 15 class with more to come....relax! I am not worried about Dabo and staffs recruiting efforts at all!

Stop trying to reason with these people

Dec 12, 2012, 9:53 AM

You can't. They will see what they want to see no matter how bad it gets. We could lose every commit and go 2-10 next year and suddenly it would be ok . Same logic that kept tommy Bowden here for a decade. Same reason we have " pulling a Clemson" tied to the program . They are too dumb to get it. To them, average is great. So don't waste your time. They resort to insults because that's all they know.

Fact is recruiting is shakey right now and things are unstable. The kids see it.

I guess we will never be an LSU or bama cause we got people like this saying its all fine all the time. Average is ok here.

Wait til LSU destroys us. When they do and we are a laughing stock , don't worry. They will have all the reasons why it's ok.

If you can't get help at Charter...

Dec 12, 2012, 9:56 AM

get help somewhere

Tell 'em coot***

Dec 12, 2012, 10:00 AM [ in reply to Stop trying to reason with these people ]

yup, the moment u question anything...

Dec 12, 2012, 10:02 AM [ in reply to Stop trying to reason with these people ]

ur a coot

I know this to be true, but...

Dec 12, 2012, 10:06 AM

Probably need to have a legitimate gripe.

Recruiting is as good as it has ever been.

Re: I know this to be true, but...

Dec 12, 2012, 11:30 AM

Can't be - didn't he say that he's used to getting everyone that we want? Now those were the days!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's funny how frank1968

Dec 12, 2012, 10:06 AM

Could be giving anyone a hard time. Especially after all the posts lately on what a loser he is. Lol now that's funny. Cast the first stone much??

Yeah hilarious...

Dec 12, 2012, 10:09 AM

However, I'm not retarded

Franc was complaining about losing to the coots for the 4th

Dec 12, 2012, 11:14 AM [ in reply to It's funny how frank1968 ]

year in a row. You are talking about a couple commits that are looking at their options but are still committed to Clemson. I don't think anybody truly believed RN was 100% committed. And just because people are picking up offers does not mean they are unsure. We stopped recruiting Daniel because he is not going to qualify and he was not upfront about his visits.

I think Dabo is an average at best game day coach...

Dec 12, 2012, 10:38 AM

but don't be silly.

McDonald? His coach was trying to pimp him out for profit.
RN? Who knows what the real story is, but interest that every top recruit in the nation now wants to go to Ole Miss.
Daniel? See RN
Robinson? Concerned about Morris leaving... anybody would be in his position. More to do with uncertainly.
Tramel Terry? Committed to UGA for a year and still was able to get him to visit, I say that's salesmanship.
Kendall Fuller? If they were going to rename VT, the would name it Fuller University and yet still, Dabo had this kid torn between us and his family.
Mack Alexander - We are one of his top schools
Mt. Adams - Most have him a Clemson lean
Ryan Jenkins - Tennessee reached out for the first time to him. Of course it's nice to be want, especially by a team you grew up watching, but he's still committed.

The reason why we haven't gotten a commit since August is because we have limited numbers and the big guys we are in on aren't decided until signing day.

"Excuse me? I don't go down to your work and tell you how to flip the burger!"

Man I suck at grammar***

Dec 12, 2012, 10:41 AM

"Excuse me? I don't go down to your work and tell you how to flip the burger!"

If you think so...shows your ignorance

Dec 12, 2012, 10:40 AM

No not at all...those players' positions already filled COOT

Hey CED ceb

Dec 12, 2012, 11:03 AM

Just two uncommitted offensive targets remain for Clemson's 2013 recruiting cycle

I''m constantly amazed at things folks find to worry about***

Dec 12, 2012, 11:22 AM

badge-donor-20yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-revdodd.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Has Dabo's sales pitch in recruiting peaked?

Dec 12, 2012, 11:29 AM

you could not sale anything! Clemson and everyother school will get their recriuts n signing day. Not before.

10 win season, no improvement in recruiting

Dec 12, 2012, 1:58 PM

It isnt as bad a thought as people are saying.

We were top 15 even during the late Bowden era... you would think we would actually have some substance to backup our prior top recruiting, but it doesnt look like we are doing any better than in years past.

Hafta land some of the top guys at the end (similar to the 2010 coup), otherwise we're stuck in the mid-teens, again.

How is it that 5-stars aren't more attracted to Clemson? Makes no sense.

Adams is down to Clemosn and UGA and we're probably the lead

Dec 12, 2012, 5:10 PM

Also we have great shot at Lawson and Alexander, so i'd say it's still good

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Adams is down to Clemosn and UGA and we're probably the lead

Dec 12, 2012, 8:08 PM

No commits since August

5 decommits since then

Couldn't close deal on several others that we know about

But if I state facts. , I'm "a coot"

Re: Adams is down to Clemosn and UGA and we're probably the lead

Dec 12, 2012, 8:10 PM [ in reply to Adams is down to Clemosn and UGA and we're probably the lead ]

UGA is in the lead for Adams...

Tigernet support has peaked, partly due to

Dec 12, 2012, 5:32 PM

an infestation of capons

Replies: 55
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic