Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TJ Green
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1

TJ Green

Apr 7, 2016, 4:29 PM

I love this kid just like every other player that comes from Clemson. I hope he goes on to make a ton of money. Does anybody know if there were circumstances in his family life or where ever that dictated he go ahead and leave school?

Like - even if Kevin Dodd didn't play himself into the 1st round this year, he's 24 years old and needed to get to the league now.... Totally get it

I ask because Every draft guide I read has Green as a 6-7 round pick, or a free agent. Also, most of the pros/cons listed for him lean a lot more towards the "cons".....

I'm concerned someone around the program gave this kid bad advice.... Just concerned about his future, and yeah it would have been nice to have him back in our secondary next season.

Thoughts?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TJ Green

Apr 7, 2016, 5:21 PM

I am selfish when it comes to players leaving early.......especially if it appears to be a bad choice.
No big contract and no degree = get hurt and there will be hard times.

Message was edited by: 2k®

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

monter le cheval de fer
A coot will usually blink when hit in the head with a ball-peen hammer

Apr 7, 2016, 5:22 PM

Hope I'm wrong, but I don't feel TJ made a good choice. He may not even get drafted.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 7, 2016, 5:25 PM

If he doesn't get an offer......can he return to play at Clemson and get his degree?

Message was edited by: 2k®

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

monter le cheval de fer
A coot will usually blink when hit in the head with a ball-peen hammer

Apr 8, 2016, 3:55 AM

Once you sign with an agent you can not play again. Whether your drafted or not doesn't matter.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

can you clarify "someone around the program"?***

Apr 7, 2016, 5:31 PM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: can you clarify "someone around the program"?***

Apr 7, 2016, 5:37 PM

Maybe that wasn't the correct way to put it. These guys can talk to whomever they want when they aren't on the field. I'm assuming some of his friends, family and an agent advised him this was a good move for his career... That now was the time.

Or maybe it was his decision alone.

But him more so than any of the other starters, could have really improved his stock with another season playing in college.

Re: can you clarify "someone around the program"?***

Apr 8, 2016, 7:23 AM

He said he was influenced by Kearse.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 8, 2016, 4:35 AM

The other day one of the guys on path to the draft had him going to the Chiefs in the 2nd.

I hate to chime in with the obvious but...

Apr 8, 2016, 6:02 AM

If you were told that you have a chance at a promotion that will elevate you from an intern to a millionaire, and all you have to do is work hard, believe in yourself, and trust in your work effort to pay off... Wouldn't you take that chance? He put in the work. He did what he was supposed to do. Dabo and others told him his work would payoff, now he is putting faith in himself. It may work out and it may not. But you can't blame a youngin for trying.

Replies: 9
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic